PDA

View Full Version : Keeping up with the Man-o-War releases...

scadugenga
09-29-2011, 10:25 PM
MoW Demolition Corps are coming out in plastic!

$44.95 for a full unit of 5. Personally, these are my favorite of the MoW troop offerings.

http://privateerpress.com/files/imagecache/product_image/products/33085_ManOWarDemolitionCorpsWEB.jpg

pauljc
09-30-2011, 02:52 AM
Almost the same price (US) as a box of Terminators full of options, yet people ***** like maniacs when they have to pay 50 bucks for GW plastic.

Anyhoo, back on topic, yeah, always liked those Men-O-War myself. Always wished they would have done something similar for my beloved Cygnar, like dudes in mini Ironclads or something :)

eldargal
09-30-2011, 04:05 AM
I was thinking exactly the same thing.:rolleyes: These look quite nice though.

elmir
09-30-2011, 05:53 AM
Almost the same price (US) as a box of Terminators full of options, yet people ***** like maniacs when they have to pay 50 bucks for GW plastic.

QFT. It does say more about how bad GW's image and PR is compared to PP. People claiming PP is cheaper are out of their mind or foaming at the mouth fanbois. Prices for each model is very comparable, but that's a whole different topic.

I'm glad these are finally becoming plastics. I still have 2 of the metal ones to paint for a max size unit. It's good to know that a more userfriendly and cheaper alternative is now here in case I ever feel like doing tier armies.

I'm just hoping they'll also come to their senses and release the shocktroopers as a seperate plastic box.

wittdooley
09-30-2011, 07:21 AM
Anyhoo, back on topic, yeah, always liked those Men-O-War myself. Always wished they would have done something similar for my beloved Cygnar, like dudes in mini Ironclads or something :)

Oh man... Cygnar guys in that would be AWESOMe.

pauljc
09-30-2011, 07:53 AM
Or.. Cygnar Long Gunners upgraded to wearing steam-powered suits mounting the Charger or Sentinel guns... mmmmmm...

Mr.Pickelz
09-30-2011, 09:35 AM
Cygnar's closest unit to MOW's are the Stormguard;lance;blades. other then that, MOW's kinda fill the small warjack slot for khador.;)

Edit: Personally i like the MOW Drakhun solo, as far as MOW units go. A MOW mounted on a horse is full of "win" sir.

Also, i would like to point out, that the new box saves you a lot of money compared to how they set up the old metal boxes. 49.99$(USD) for 3 dudes, and then 16.99$(USD) for a blister of 1 dude, a full unit consists of 5 models. so your lookin around 80 bucks(USD) for the older unit.

wittdooley
09-30-2011, 09:40 AM
Not gonna lie. I wanna see Storm Smiths riding on miniature Storm Striders. Then agian, those would just be like Fireflys.. :(

End of the World
09-30-2011, 12:28 PM
I can never decide if I look the like of Khador's stuff or not. They seem to always tow the line between silly and badass.

That being said, I just bought into PP on Monday. Retribution FTW (I hope XD)!!

whitestar333
09-30-2011, 03:10 PM
I don't think Cygnar will ever get heavy infantry, and I think that's totally fine. It's nice for variety to have one faction not have something the others have.

Besides, technically Cygnar can take their own heavy infantry with the Ogrun Assault Corps. With Jonas Murdoch they become faction models and even get to assault with their cannons - pretty sweet if you ask me!

scadugenga
09-30-2011, 07:34 PM

Really?

I don't know anyone who b!tches about the $50.00 price tag on Terminators. Frankly, the GK Term box is so chock full of goodies (save perhaps, needing a second psycannon...) that it's a wonder that GW let it go at $50/pop.

Getting back to topic--the aesthetics and rules for these guys always made them my favorite.

Cygnar will never get heavy infantry--it's not really their schtick. Masses and masses of lighting, however.... ;)

Have I mentioned yet how full of awesome the Storm Strider is?

So...freaking...cool.

gdiddy
09-30-2011, 08:53 PM

I don't ****** like maniacs because I have to pay 50 bucks for GW plastic.....I ****** like a maniac because of how many of these boxes of GW plastic I have to buy to remain competitive and build a 1850 point army...

Sanguinary Dan
10-05-2011, 03:41 PM
I don't want MoW for my Cygnar. I want units of Light Warjacks! :D

I got hooked less than a month ago, but I almost wish I had chosen Khador or the darn Mennites since my 2 player starter set arrived today. A day late and an army short since I've already grabbed the rules, Cygnar book and Wrath to go with the 10 jacks and 4 infantry units I've gathered from eBay. :rolleyes:

================================================

Just to get back on topic (almost) can Khador make a MoW centered army work? I'm not a huge fan of their jack designs, but the various MoW versions are sick.:D

scadugenga
10-06-2011, 12:54 PM
I don't want MoW for my Cygnar. I want units of Light Warjacks! :D

I got hooked less than a month ago, but I almost wish I had chosen Khador or the darn Mennites since my 2 player starter set arrived today. A day late and an army short since I've already grabbed the rules, Cygnar book and Wrath to go with the 10 jacks and 4 infantry units I've gathered from eBay. :rolleyes:

================================================

Just to get back on topic (almost) can Khador make a MoW centered army work? I'm not a huge fan of their jack designs, but the various MoW versions are sick.:D

Bartertown may be a good place for you then.

There are casters who work well with MoW, and now that the unit attachment for the battle mechanics can actually repair MoW units--life is getting really good for Khador.

MoW theme forces are out there for the pButcher, Karchev & eSorscha. Karchev & Sorscha's themes even allow for battle mechanics.

So yeah, there are definitely viable builds out there.