PDA

View Full Version : Totalwargamer = bad service

foostufoo
09-29-2011, 06:33 AM
Hey there!

I don't like doing ranting posts but just feel like I've been taken for a bit of a ride!

So for those who don't know, Total War Gamer is a UK based independent stockist of GW and other products. They offer good discounts on GW products, on average 22% off models and 10% off other products, eg. hobby supplies. They also claim that you will have your order in 5-7 working days. This is where the trouble comes in...

I ordered a few things on the 11th of september;
7 various paints
2 glues
3 brushes
The Chaos Marines codex
And a Daemon Prince

Not a huge order, everything a GW product other than the superglue I ordered.

Anyway a week or so had passed and no items, the website said my items still weren't dispatched so I gave them a ring to find out what was happening. They told me they were waiting for an order from GW and there was a backlog but they were due to receive an order in the next day or two, fair enough.

On wednesday the 21st it was finally marked as dispatched on their website HOORAY! Bearing in my mind they send their items first class, the package should have been with me saturday latest. Wednesday the 28th: still nothing. Give them another call to see if it's actually been sent, get told it was literally just sent on that day, even though it had been marked as dispatched seven days before.

Finally today a package arrived for me, 14 working days (18 days) after my order, double the time they said. When I saw the box I instantly knew something wasn't right, it was far too small for a codex to fit in. Opened it up and have an invoice inside saying my Daemon Prince, Codex and one of my paints would follow soon. What a p*ss take.

So anyway, just thought people should be aware. Would also be nice to know any retailers that offer discount prices on GW products that are reliable?

Rant over! :)

Wolfshade
09-29-2011, 06:44 AM
I have to say when I have used them in the past I was pleased. My last order which should have been delievered within 5-7 working days turning up just 3 days later

Denzark
09-29-2011, 10:19 AM
Maelstrom games have been very good for me. Dark Sphere in London also do web prices for shop pick up if you ar egoing anywhere near - awesome.

Archon
09-29-2011, 01:09 PM
Had a little trouble with my latest order by TWG. I took nearly a month till i recieved my good. But the order finally arrived (after two mails, wich says that a order from gw was badly delayed). In my case the order went from UK to europe;)

But I have to say that the service in my past orders was good. On my first order they managed to get me a single missing sprue via gw-direct. And the others arrived in time, without damage or missing parts.

Morgan Darkstar
09-29-2011, 04:17 PM
I use wayland games and so far I haven't had a problem with them.