View Full Version : Necron Stats

Ignatius Grulgor
09-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Found this here on this Swiss forum:
http://forum.warhammer-basilisk.ch/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=451

Bigred
09-27-2011, 10:31 AM
Here's the sheet in question.

You all can determine authenticity on your own.

Lord Azaghul
09-27-2011, 10:36 AM
another marine bites the dust...:D

DrLove42
09-27-2011, 10:49 AM
Hmmmm looks believable

BUT

Its obviously not a page scan, its too small
Its not a photo, its too clear....so it just looks a little wrong

As for feedback its going to be hard to say anything without knowing what all the new wargear is. But 12 points a model seems about right for what we know

YourMomsBox
09-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Enough new interesting wargear and rules to get me intrigued. We'll see what it all looks like as a whole before I pass judgement on it.

Rissan4ever
09-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Looks pretty legit to me. It's nice to see actual upgrade options for Necrons. I'm looking forward to seeing what the new weapons look like.

Welder
09-27-2011, 11:13 AM
What makes it unbelievable for me is the fact that you can change out every weapon in the squad with three different kinds of weapons. On those two entries we see 8 different weapons that can be given to entire squads. If it is true I would like to see what these weapons are, since apparently upgrading twenty Necrons with them isnt overpowering.

Deadlift
09-27-2011, 11:16 AM
I have seen these "stats" a few times early this year, their not that new. Are they genuine ? Who knows for sure but it could tie in with the other rumour that warriors will be getting various coloured rods for their gauss guns. Different colour = different stats etc maybe.

JodiOdg
09-27-2011, 11:23 AM
If the picture/page is legit, it will make my religiously Cron-playing mate rather happy, particularly allowing smaller Warrior squads!

Can't wait to see what the new Codex will look like!

Drew da Destroya
09-27-2011, 11:34 AM
Wouldn't the disruption field be "Non-Euclidean"? Or is it supposed to disrupt Euclidean things?

UltramarineFan
09-27-2011, 11:35 AM
Whole squad can replace their weapons.. makes me wonder what the optional weapons will be like if an entire squad can have them

Build
09-27-2011, 12:03 PM
Looks pretty fake to me to be honest, those "rules" have been floating around for months, sorry but I'm going to play Mr skeptical here.

Lockark
09-27-2011, 12:14 PM
Looks pretty fake to me to be honest, those "rules" have been floating around for months, sorry but I'm going to play Mr skeptical here.

I have to agree.

If this was a scan from a page that was cropped then that would imply warriors and immortals were in the same unit slot.

=/

I know we're all starved for necron rumors but step back and actually look at what we're looking at here. It's not even worth putting salt on this one guys....

Lerra
09-27-2011, 12:27 PM
I'm also of the opinion that this is fake, but I do like the idea of having so many weapons options for the Necron Troops choices. Having 4 weapons options for a troops choice isn't that crazy. Here's an example to show that it's viable:

Gauss Flayer = S4 AP5 24" rapid fire
Particle Beam Rifle: = S4 AP5 18" assault 2
Tesla Lasher = Power Weapon
Gamma Ray Projectors = Heavy Flamer

FTE-Charge!!!
09-27-2011, 03:13 PM
As a Necron player I'm stoked about the points decrease, but the toughness decrease on the Immortals really irks me. One of my favorite aspects about the Necrons was the static armor save, but changing toughness amoungst the models; it was so unique and made my Immortals quite the power troop!

I do like the slight change from marine stats though, anything to differentiate that is good in my opinion (well, not everything i suppose lol)

fuzzbuket
09-28-2011, 12:26 AM
am i the only one who would prefer LESS customization in the crons? personally id have a super customizable lord and then say that 1 of the crons stats get lifted (ed.g lord with armor upgrade= T5? warriors)

necrons are meant to be IHMO legions of warriors marching forwards with some scarabs and destroers and a monolith behind.

its looking like crons are now going in the robots with sergeants and upgrades with 1 squad of warriors in a transport and the rest on random units?

but thats just my opinion

-fuzz

FirstLegion
09-28-2011, 08:02 AM
As a Necron player I'm stoked about the points decrease, but the toughness decrease on the Immortals really irks me. One of my favorite aspects about the Necrons was the static armor save, but changing toughness amoungst the models; it was so unique and made my Immortals quite the power troop!

I do like the slight change from marine stats though, anything to differentiate that is good in my opinion (well, not everything i suppose lol)

It's also important to note that if the scan/whatever is indeed real, it would mean that immortals are being moved to the troops slot with warriors. I think that would make them more interesting than in the elite slot they have now.

Morgan Darkstar
09-28-2011, 08:36 AM
That's a rather high post count BRP is it a glitch or has someone hardwired you to the internet? :D

radarbabyeater
09-28-2011, 08:42 AM
Like others have said, this page of the "codex" has been drifting around the internet for several months. Pretty sure it's been debunked already on other sites. Hate reading the first post in this thread and seeing it resurfacing.

Lucidum
09-28-2011, 03:40 PM
I have seen these "stats" a few times early this year, their not that new. Are they genuine ? Who knows for sure but it could tie in with the other rumour that warriors will be getting various coloured rods for their gauss guns. Different colour = different stats etc maybe.

Ugh....if that actually ended up being true it would be GW's biggest model cop-out yet. Talk about pathetic, if they couldn't even be bothered to make different weapons look different aside from changing the color of their glowy bits?

PhatCat
09-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Does look fake/unfinished. What annoys me is that they would remain WS4 instead of going down to 3 or 2. Dunno why it bugs me; it just does.

Tynskel
09-28-2011, 05:01 PM
What makes it unbelievable for me is the fact that you can change out every weapon in the squad with three different kinds of weapons. On those two entries we see 8 different weapons that can be given to entire squads. If it is true I would like to see what these weapons are, since apparently upgrading twenty Necrons with them isnt overpowering.

I don't see why this is unrealistic---- the entire squad has to change. Similar things are done in the Bugs codex.

Slug
09-28-2011, 05:43 PM
I definitely agree that this doesn't look real, the layout is wrong for how they display units, there tends to be a border between unit options, so it can't be from a finished book, also, they always list how many points per mode, not the basic unit cost like they have it here. So based on a few irregularities like those I'm not going to trust this it looks too much like someone got bored and waked this together, plus this sheet has been floating around for a while now, maybe even a few months.

That's a rather high post count BRP is it a glitch or has someone hardwired you to the internet? :D

there are only 157,078 posts on bols so I don't think he's posted over two million times. ;)

Lord Anubis
09-28-2011, 05:47 PM
there are only 157,078 posts on bols so I don't think he's posted over two million times. ;)

Not here, no. Those are his total posts. :)

jspyd3rx
09-28-2011, 05:56 PM
This isn't a scan, so definitely a fake. A shame Bols blogged it, makes them look bad:(

Ulf
09-28-2011, 10:14 PM
The names for the weapons sound kinda strange, not like anything GW would come up with.

Edit: GW of course has coined many strange names, but a different kind of strange. ;)

KaptinScuzgob
09-29-2011, 03:13 AM
i saw this on 4chan's /tg/ board a few weeks or so ago. It's fake, there was a similar one that had Sisters of Battle and Arbites Squads on it.

sukigod
09-29-2011, 08:26 AM
The War Barque? Hahahahah.

Shouldn't that be War Beque?

Anggul
09-29-2011, 10:15 AM
This looks hilariously fake. That and 'Warp Degenerators'? One of the biggest points of Necrons is that they have no warp-tech at all.

drjos
09-29-2011, 10:44 AM
It's also important to note that if the scan/whatever is indeed real, it would mean that immortals are being moved to the troops slot with warriors. I think that would make them more interesting than in the elite slot they have now.

Now why would you think that based on the image. If you look closely you'll there is a page number right of both names. So if this is real warriors and immortals don't share a page so that makes it very likely that they aren't both troops.

eldargal
09-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Those page numbers refer to the page in the bestiary on which you can find that units information. No, it is right to say if this page is authentic then Immortals are troops now. In the DE codex for example it is set out in exactly the same fashion.

ChaosLord127
09-29-2011, 12:20 PM
Really hope this is real, but mostly just so that I can play against an updated Nec army

Malachi
09-29-2011, 01:08 PM
The stats are not real, but an update to the Necron codex certainly is.

Farseer Uthiliesh
09-30-2011, 07:49 PM
This looks hilariously fake. That and 'Warp Degenerators'? One of the biggest points of Necrons is that they have no warp-tech at all.

Well, it may be related to the tech they were using to seal the materium from the immaterium.

Vhalyar
10-01-2011, 09:19 PM
The War Barque? Hahahahah.

Shouldn't that be War Beque?

I guess you know better than Jes Goodwin himself :rolleyes:

https://i.minus.com/jbiG7UOgOYoG7.jpg (https://min.us/lbiG7UOgOYoG7)

Deadlift
10-02-2011, 01:09 AM
I guess you know better than Jes Goodwin himself :rolleyes:

https://i.minus.com/jbiG7UOgOYoG7.jpg (https://min.us/lbiG7UOgOYoG7)

I always thought that sketch looked like a cut down monolith :D, which I suppose makes sense.