PDA

View Full Version : Space Wolf ThunderBirds(wolves) are Completed!!!

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
09-26-2011, 02:51 PM
Some of you might remember a few months back that I said I was creating my thunderwolf cavalry mounted on giant hawks and eagle(one of the benefits of having a Wood Elf army and a SpaceWolf army). Sorry it took so long I got sidetracked by Dark Eldar lol and just life in general. But due to some dedicated time and alot of green stuff(about10-12 sticks lol). I will be painting them this week and I'll post some more pics of at least one or two. So without furthur delay here are they are:

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
09-26-2011, 02:55 PM
and here is some more

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
09-26-2011, 02:59 PM
I hope I did that right its the first time i put pictures on bols.
My army theme is black with purple shoulder pads and trim. Any suggestions on how to paint the birds?. I want them to look the jet black ravens. can you guess what city im from lol?

Firebird
09-26-2011, 05:58 PM
Nice idea!
And well executed!

dagonis
09-26-2011, 10:57 PM
This is an interesting idea, but I have to say I don't think the poses really work. It looks like Space Wolves standing on birds. Given that the birds look like they are in motion, the static poses sort of break the flow of the model.

I like the overall idea, but I think the execution could use a little work.

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
09-27-2011, 07:00 AM
i tried to make it look like they were actually riding/sitting on the birds first but it looked even worse. so i just went with pinning them standing and had the wolf pelts flowing backwards. when i find some chain small enough im going to put "reins" on them.

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
09-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Canis model halfway painted! dont be too critical im not going for golden demon just going with the theme of my army. and these models dont actually "fly" so they kinda had to look close to the ground or like thy are about to attack