PDA

View Full Version : FW Shadow Spectre Phoenix Lord-or Lady?

eldargal
09-25-2011, 07:22 AM
Anyone else think the Shadow Spectre Phoenix Lord looks extremely feminine compared to the exarch:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=118827&d=1316947930
Look at how far its chest plate protrudes relative to its stomach compared to the exarch, the legs also look quite sleek and feminine.

What do you think? Obviously anyone who got a look at its background in IA11 could confirm or refute this, but I'm leaning towards it being a Phoenix Lady. Finally, someone to braid Jain Zars hair.

eldargal
09-25-2011, 11:16 AM
Looks like it is a he:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=118872&d=1316970512
Not unexpected, but a shame. Still just poor Jain Zar and a female guardian torso for Craftworld Eldar.

JxKxR
09-25-2011, 01:07 PM
You've never seen a girl with a flat chest before?

Archon
09-25-2011, 01:59 PM
yes I agree - ist a male. In the picture above the angle is different and the decoration on his chest points out his proud stature. Itīs about time they (FW or GW) bring a female prophet - i would like it:cool:

eldargal
09-25-2011, 10:57 PM
Actually Ulthwe Guardian in the rumours thread says it may be a girl going by the background, hoping for more details.

There is no such thing as a flatchested female at 28mm heroic scale, especially if they wear a helmet.:p

I also saw the rules for the Eldar Phoenix Lord, it seemed to be a she and carries a S7 ranged weapon called the Spear of Sunlight I believe. She had an extensive background that looked like a very interesting read.

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
09-26-2011, 03:06 AM
Damn anothing thing my friend is going to want to buy and have me paint too, along wth the Shadow spectre sqaus and exach im already painting.

eldargal
09-26-2011, 03:12 AM
I've still not bought any, showing remarkable restraint inmy opinion. Waiting 'til December. Looking forward to seeing how they delver my eventual order, I'm thinking it might get its own lorry. Between the Phantom Titans, Lynxes, Warp Hunters, Shadow Spectres and all the Warhammer Forge stuff...

Oh, and:

Yeah I'm pretty sure she was referred as she, the opening two paragraphs mentioned details about she was taught by Asurmen (she might of been the first to be taught by him, but I think I mis-read that part) and that she was the first to tread the path of the Shadow Spectre. Her Shrine have a close relationship with Mymeara, I didn't quite read rest after that, it was something about that she foresaw the Doom of Mymeara and her shrine might of be unique to Mymeara.

Her whole profile was two pages long, her background took up the whole left page and her characteristics on the right. I think Eldar players will be really satisfied with her as a character.

My details maybe sketchy, I was battling with a kid for a glimpse.

CiaphasCain
09-27-2011, 03:42 AM
Well, we all can't be enamoured of pointy ears in 40k. :)

I hope, for the Emperor's sake, you at least seperate your piratical booty from the rest of the Emperor's holy equipment. You small, tiny, xenos think you can bleed his domain without censure? You would be wrong.

Thornblood
09-27-2011, 03:54 AM
I was with you on the girl thing until I saw that under the ornamental chest plate thingy there looks to be pecs rather than a more feminine bust. So the extra layer of armour combined with the pose I think means that it could go either way as far as my eyes are concerned.

If however the book calls the Lord a her, I think we are settled.

CiaphasCain
09-27-2011, 04:38 AM
I was with you on the girl thing until I saw that under the ornamental chest plate thingy there looks to be pecs rather than a more feminine bust. So the extra layer of armour combined with the pose I think means that it could go either way as far as my eyes are concerned.

If, however, the book calls the Lord a her, I think we are settled.Tiny boobage, dude. Tiny boobage. That girl has pecs rather than boobs. She may be the first flatchested Eldar in history, which may be a terrible thing for those who are into Eldar with less impressive endowments. But it may be a boon for those Eldar fans who want something different?

Necron2.0
09-27-2011, 05:23 AM
It's a man, baby!

:p

eldargal
09-27-2011, 09:03 AM
I've emaild Forge World to ask if they could tell me when it will be for sale and if it is a boy or girl.:) If they reply and answer it should sort that out.

the jeske
09-27-2011, 12:13 PM
according to the xenobilogy craftworld eldar have almost 0 fat . this means man or woman no boobs.

Xenith
10-03-2011, 07:09 AM
according to the xenobilogy craftworld eldar have almost 0 fat . this means man or woman no boobs.

GeeDub sculpts beg to differ. Unless they are...like...artificer boobs, purely ornamental.

eldargal
10-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Eldar aren't human, who says their breasts are mostlyf fat?

Lane
10-04-2011, 03:58 AM
Unless they are...like...artificer boobs, purely ornamental.

I've met a few women with Master Crafted boob jobs. OTOH a poor quality job can look really bad.

Tamwulf
10-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Eh, boy, girl, it's a Xeno and therefor must be purged via fire. :D

Great looking mini though. I hope these guys make it into the next Eldar Codex.

Denzark
10-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Alien booby chat - awesome. Like the green bint in the new star trek film.