PDA

View Full Version : EVEN more new FW stuff before GD!

DrLove42
09-23-2011, 08:37 AM
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/large/apoc2ndcover.jpg

Book will be on sale at GD, and general sale, 30th September. £26. Lots of new rules including all the variant of the contemptor and the Tantalus. Also will be updating a lot of old models rules i think (mentions the 4 chaos demons).

Also they've started re-doing their scenery line and are starting with this

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/emplacementev.jpg

For £22

eldargal
09-23-2011, 08:50 AM
IAA2 is up on the FW website already, neat. Shall wait for Tamurkhan to go up though and buy them together. Hopefully with a Tantalus.

Grailkeeper
09-23-2011, 09:01 AM
Totally called the teaser shrine amoungst sandbags earlier. you can see the little skull there that was part of the first teaser image.

DrLove42
09-23-2011, 09:08 AM
It just annoys me they do all these "first released at GD!!!" stuff after the closing deadline for reserve orders.

The idea of reserving and paying in advance is to save time on queueing at the actual stand. And then they release more stuff for the sales area, thus rendering any time saved in reserving gone. In fact it'll take longer cos you have to queue twice now

eldargal
09-23-2011, 09:08 AM
Yup, could see the sandbags behind it on the teaser, and you can see the little shrine quite clearly on the emplacement photo.

I really, really hope they look at an Eldar themed piece to go with IA11.

wittdooley
09-23-2011, 09:33 AM
Oh quit complaining. We got next to nothing new at the USA Games Day...

tleilax
09-23-2011, 09:38 AM
Have you noticed on the forge world web page concerning IA apocalypse 2nd edition the Chaos contemptor dreadnought together with the blood angels and SW contemptor pattern !!!
That's meaning that we will have very soon new bodies for our favorite contemptor version. Really Great!

MajorWesJanson
09-23-2011, 09:58 AM

Unfortunately. Not even that much in advance from Black Library. They saved the GD only book for UK, rather than anywhere else.

I love the new kits, but it is getting to be too much all at once. Bills to pay :(

Gotthammer
09-23-2011, 10:33 AM
Via squinting it seems IAA will have Blood Angel, Space Wolf, Mortis and Chaos pattern Contemptors, and a Bombard variant of the Crassus. There's also rules for Daemon Engine summoning

Most interestingly for me are rules for the Phantom, Wraithseer, Hornet, Warp Hunter and a Corsair force for the Eldar. Also got rules for the Dark Eldar Reaper and Tantalus.

Lerra
09-23-2011, 11:12 AM
So wait, I'm sitting here with Imperial Armour Apocalypse 2 next to me, and the new release is called Imperial Armour Apocalypse 2nd Edition? That's not going to be confusing at all.

gcsmith
09-23-2011, 12:34 PM
Lerra Im assuming its to bring IAA in line with 5th, bit late seeing as how 6th is aparantly around the corner

Wildcard
09-23-2011, 01:50 PM
hmm, any idea if there

a) will be
or
b) could be

anything for the Grey Knights?
(other than inquisitors like solomon lok / hektor rex)

Will get that one thouhg, and crassus missile thing for my showcase guards, if for nothing else :)

wittdooley
09-23-2011, 02:10 PM
What would there possibly be for Grey Knights? As much as I'd love to see a new improved Assassins set, I just don't see the need for them.

flekkzo
09-23-2011, 02:49 PM
So wait, I'm sitting here with Imperial Armour Apocalypse 2 next to me, and the new release is called Imperial Armour Apocalypse 2nd Edition? That's not going to be confusing at all.

Notice how it didn't say "will bring all"? I bet that there will be an IAA2 second edition coming out in the future. Good thing is that my LFGS (Armored Ogre Games) can order them, and for £26 I could imagine buying it. I do not buy $80-$90 "super" codexes.

Wildcard
09-23-2011, 02:55 PM
What would there possibly be for Grey Knights?

Of this I have absolutely no idea, hence i ask :)
You see, i am relatively new with all things Grey Knight. And if playing apoc, i would like to think of taking something else aswell than drago + x hundred paladins :)

Bigger GK-themed warmachines, GK heroes, some apoc designed infantry...

-- I just don't see the need for them.

For what armies that do get new stuff in Apoc / imperial armour do they actually need the stuff?
What purpose, that the imperial guard is currently sorely missing does the Crassus missile system fullfil?

Thornblood
09-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Just be cheeky at the UK Foreworld stand. If you have reserved models, and want some of the ones unveiled after the reserve deadline, when you go to pick them up at your shorter reserved queue, just explain to them you also want x. They aint gonna turn down selling things at a selling-things stand. Also there pretty reasonable blokes (and bloke-essess).

CitizenSoldier
09-24-2011, 01:09 AM
anything for the Grey Knights?

There is nothing uniquely for the Grey Knights.

But, this is for Apoc, and if you want a varied Grey Knights army, I have two words for you: Allied Forces. My apoc army is Space Wolves, Cadians and Grey Knights - a nice combinations of Astartes, Guard and Forces of The Imperium.

I would rather see more datasheets for non-imperial forces, exactly because they have far less options for allied forces. Great as the new Dark Eldar codex is, I cant see too many people building up a 10k apoc army for them at the moment.

Citizen.

DrLove42
09-24-2011, 06:38 AM
Can think of at least 3 people on this forum who already have over 10k points of DE already.And then myself with 5k.

But as you say they're allied. I bet you don't have 10k of marines, guard or GK, but have it when added up.

With some love in the next Apoc book, and them due to be the focus in the IA after Mymeera, they'll be more of a force soon

Gir
09-24-2011, 07:44 AM
Lerra Im assuming its to bring IAA in line with 5th, bit late seeing as how 6th is aparantly around the corner

Except it's bringing it inline with 5th ed codexes, not bring it in line with 5th ed.

eldargal
09-24-2011, 08:23 AM
I have around fifteen thousand pounds of Dark Eldar painted up so far. Judging by the amount of whinging we saw when Apocalypse (and Spearhead) were released, I think it is safe to say most people have a lot of small armies rather than a couple of large ones.

IAA2 is updating them to be consistent with 5th ed codices AND also incorpoating feedback on some units and formations to either boost them or nerf them where applicable, according to Mark Bedford at the GD Chicago seminar.

DrLove42
09-24-2011, 09:09 AM
Wierdly looking at the contents list some of the biggest "models" that have serious rules updating needs aren't in the list

Things like the Heirophant for Nids (with its 3++ and regneration thanks to the new codex), the Eldar fliers (pay through the nose for a 4+ save, and then 5th ed gives all fliers one anyway and then the codexes release fliers that are better, for half the points cost).

DrLove42
09-24-2011, 09:14 AM
Double Post...whoops.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/iaapoced2_4.jpg

Suprised no ones sneaked a look at the Chaos Contemptor. Converted model, or a seperate product?

eldargal
09-24-2011, 09:22 AM
I think it is converted.

Wildcard
09-24-2011, 12:56 PM
God i wish i could see the final stats and loadout options of the contemptor(s) - both imperial and chaos.

And about the GK question: It was mostly about that if you knew anything in the fluff that could be included as apoc only unit, based on rareness, destructive power or something.

Landraider, Cleanser-pattern: landraider that has stationary 'long' hull mounted cannon that requires a 5/10man squad of GKSS (or purifiers) to be able to fire....
Cleanser pattern Landraider has a hull mounted cannon that amplifies the psychic powers of the crew firing it.
Cleanser cannon uses the following profile: 72" S: X (D*) AP: - Heavy 1

-Strenght of the cleanser cannon is determined by a number of purifiers taking part of its fireing.
-Cleansercannon is a destroyer-type weapon that will cause instant death (or removed as play to ignore EW etc..) on daemons of any type, and it can be counted as a 'D' weapon only if a full squad of 10 is fireing it..

Something like this for excample but something to back up with fluff, unique to the theme of GK, but still doable and balanceable..

-----

As for the allied forces: I am not such a big fan of the tought.. I do have 7k:ish IG army now (with only 1 super heavy in it :) )
It just feels that the GK dont have anything that they could take to stand against a huge ork or chaos invasion (with all the titans and stompas rolling over)

Also, with the inclusion of Destroyer-strenght weapons, GW could bring out a new line of super-heavy daemons to go with the new rumoured chaos book early next year :)

Wishfull thinking, and all that silly stuff, i know... But why do we play and wait for so eagerly each new release, be that a model or codex, if not for the excitement of evolvement of the fluff <3

Gotthammer
09-24-2011, 01:59 PM
God i wish i could see the final stats and loadout options of the contemptor(s) - both imperial and chaos.

Pre-order the book and wait a while and you shall :p

It just feels that the GK dont have anything that they could take to stand against a huge ork or chaos invasion (with all the titans and stompas rolling over)

That would be because they don't ;)

At teh first battle of Armageddon the GKs only appeared to kill Angron, with Grimnar holding them back not only for surprise but because they couldn't survive against the massive horde of daemons due to their low numbers.
It'd really be more accurate for them to not have any special gear IMO as they are a rapid strike force, even moreso than regular marines, so don't have time to lug gear around and set it up.

AnEnemy
09-25-2011, 03:37 AM
What I'm interested in is the Space Wolf Contemptor clearly has Sagas attached to it. The blue box in the entry is very large and Saga of the... is about the only clear thing on the page. Looks like two or three.

Docmani
09-26-2011, 10:00 AM
So, this new book has a picture of a big ol' Reaver Titan on the cover, yet there is no mention of a Reaver Titan in the table of contents.

I know the Reaver is in IA:2, but that seems a bit misleading....

Defenestratus
09-26-2011, 10:34 AM
I just hope that the revision fixes the Vampire rules. They are ridiculously priced with meh rules.

As for the "clarification" of the eldar flier rules... we house ruled it so that holofields give you a 4+ against hits, and the cover save gives you a 4+ against results on the damage chart.

And yes, that makes the Nightwings and Phoenix at least worth their points IMO.

Gir
09-26-2011, 10:02 PM
Wierdly looking at the contents list some of the biggest "models" that have serious rules updating needs aren't in the list

Things like the Heirophant for Nids (with its 3++ and regneration thanks to the new codex), the Eldar fliers (pay through the nose for a 4+ save, and then 5th ed gives all fliers one anyway and then the codexes release fliers that are better, for half the points cost).

Probably because it's Imperial Armour Apocalypse second edition, not Apocalypse second edition.

Archon Charybdis
09-26-2011, 10:50 PM

Well technically, there is no "Warp Field" psychic power; it only exists as a Zoanthrope special rule. If someone really wants to claim their Gargantuan Creature suddenly goes from a 2+/6++ to a 2+/3++, I'd just refuse to play them.

But more seriously, there is no conflict with Eldar Titan Holo-fields in 5th ed. They're not typed as either a cover or invuln save (except in the case of the IA:A2 Cobra, but that's the one weird exception which completely contradicts everything else). Titan Holo-fields simply negate successful hits on a 4+, almost like FNP. You get both your 4+ cover and your holo-field save.

DrLove42
09-27-2011, 02:26 AM
Unfortuntatly not.

I spoke with the guys at FW, all eldar fliers only get the 1 save, holofield or flat out.

The only benefit the eldar save is now that you still get it against Hydras.

So makes them ridiculously overpriced. We houseruled em to 2 saves as well...but that was just confirmation from Alan Bligh, the rules god at FW

Also the +1 on the damage table from Strength D and the +1 for AP1 don't stack

eldargal
09-27-2011, 06:11 AM
Because god forbid Eldar vehicles excell at something.:rolleyes:

CitizenSoldier
09-27-2011, 09:58 AM
Just got an email from ForgeWorld, my pre-order IA Apoc 2e shipped today (27th), three days earlier than they initially said.

Imperial Armour: Apocalypse 2nd Edition : £26
3 days less of unbearable impatience: priceless.

Citizen.

Defenestratus
09-27-2011, 10:17 AM
Just got an email from ForgeWorld, my pre-order IA Apoc 2e shipped today (27th), three days earlier than they initially said.

Imperial Armour: Apocalypse 2nd Edition : £26
3 days less of unbearable impatience: priceless.

Citizen.

Yup! Mine just shipped too!

Defenestratus
09-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Unfortuntatly not.

I spoke with the guys at FW, all eldar fliers only get the 1 save, holofield or flat out.

The only benefit the eldar save is now that you still get it against Hydras.

So makes them ridiculously overpriced. We houseruled em to 2 saves as well...but that was just confirmation from Alan Bligh, the rules god at FW

Also the +1 on the damage table from Strength D and the +1 for AP1 don't stack

Well thats the fortunate thing about Apoc - rules decisions like these can be made amongst friends. We determined that in fact Eldar fliers do get both saves and that the Str D and the AP1 do stack.

Which is fortunate, otherwise I'd be using my storm ravens as fliers in my Eldar Apoc Army.

(Storm raven = ~200 pts, Nightwing = 285, phoenix 350?!!?)

Demonus
09-27-2011, 10:29 AM

hell we didnt even get Games Day here this year in Baltimore. It was hornswaggled away by you MidWesterners!!

/shakes fist

CitizenSoldier
09-30-2011, 04:44 AM
My copy of IA:A2e arrived in the mail this morning, so can't wait to get home. Got an Apoc game on Sunday, so might get some change to try a few of the updated datasheets.

Anyway, I'll post of mini-review sometime over the weekend.

Citizen.

nijoho
09-30-2011, 02:56 PM
i got it in the mail this morning, and i have to say it really is so awsome!

especially the chaos contemptor is the best! it can have a mark of a chaos god and potentialy it could have 7 attacks with a chainfist. isn't that sweet ?

or another version i liked with a heavy flamer (with ap3) and a twin-lined heavy flamer (also ap3) and then 3 attacks in CC with strength 10 re-rolling 1s on the to-hit rolls

i realy recommend u get it, there is just so much awsomeness in there

nij

Aetaosrau
09-30-2011, 03:08 PM
my Ia ed 2 showed being shipped 3 days ago but still nothing as yet and my arse hurts sat hear infront of the door next to the dog waiting for the posty :p