PDA

View Full Version : Rhino Fire Point Question

The Twilight Fade
09-23-2011, 07:04 AM
In the SoB codex it states that two people may fire out of the rhinos fire points and doesn't say specifically that it only has one fire point.

Is this an exception to the normal rhino rules that normally allow only one heavy weapon to fire out of it?

As its worded it seems you can fire two heavies (e.g two multi-meltas from sororitas command squad) and just curious how people were playing it as I know two assault weapons are ok but not sure about the heavies

Wolfshade
09-23-2011, 07:39 AM
If the codex say's you can fire two weapons from it, you can fire two weapons be they heavy, pistol, whatever, though I do not have the dex with me. But if the vehicle has moved the passangers count as moving so cannot fire heavy weapons unless they have the relentless special rule (or some other special rule that allows them to fire heavy weapons while moving)

Morgan Darkstar
09-23-2011, 07:44 AM
I honestly dont understand what you are asking here?

In the SoB codex it states that two people may fire out of the rhinos fire points and doesn't say specifically that it only has one fire point.

a Rhino has a fire point that two models can fire out of.

Is this an exception to the normal rhino rules that normally allow only one heavy weapon to fire out of it?

I dont believe it says this anywhere.

As its worded it seems you can fire two heavies (e.g two multi-meltas from sororitas command squad) and just curious how people were playing it as I know two assault weapons are ok but not sure about the heavies

as long as the rhino has not moved two heavy weapons could be fired.

The Twilight Fade
09-23-2011, 08:06 AM
Then I may be completely wrong about this but I thought a single fire point allowed either two assault weapons or a single heavy weapon to be fired from it. I always knew about the moving rule for them but the way we've always played it is to allow only a single heavy weapon to be fired.

If i'm wrong then all the better cos thats just awesome. But primarily being a nid player i've always taken it at face value when someone tells me something about vehicles. I think some rulebook revision is required

AbusePuppy
09-23-2011, 09:22 AM
Fire Points do not in any way dictate the weapons that may or may not be shot out of them. (The vehicle's movement speed affects this, but that is a different matter.) The only recent exception to this I am aware of is the old 4E Imperial Guard Chimera, whose rules are now changed.