PDA

View Full Version : Librarian Psychic powers/wound allocation questions

Jasodactyll
09-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Heya! So I just got back from Tacti-con this weekend down in Denver Colorado, and a few things came up in which I had a question about.

1.) With the librarians psychic power the gate of infinity, he takes a psychic test in the movement phase to deepstrike anywhere within 24" of his current location. Two questions on this one, first, can he make a normal movement before teleporting? and second, it mentions if he travels by himself, there is no risk, am I right in assuming this means the risk of rolling doubles is waved, but he must still scatter using the normal deepstrike rules?

2.) Using the true line of sight rules in regards to a deployed drop pod, if one can see through the openings in the doors, is the shot a clear shot?

3.)This is my biggest question. Here is the scenario, there is a squad of multiple wounded models, lets say 6 raveners. The entire squad is hit by a whirlwind shot(s5, ap4), wounding all of them causing 6 wounds. My question is, does each ravener take 1 wound? or are 3 separate models removed(resulting in 6 wounds)? The reason why i ask is because although the number of wounds scored is the same, the following shooting phases are gonna be altered based on how it is assigned. If they are all wounded on turn 1(6 wounds), then on turn two if the exact same thing happens, the entire squad would have been killed(12 wounds total). But if you take models first, the first turn i score 6 wounds, removing 3 models, the next turn i am only capable of scoring 3 wounds with my whirlwind because only 3 models remain. 12 wounds vs 9 wounds. Whats the exact ruling on this?

Thats all i can think of at the moment, but any help would be greatful! especially on #3

-Jason

Exitus Acta Probat
09-08-2009, 10:42 AM
a) I believe it's at the beginning of the phase, so no...but I will check in a second (beginning of the librarian's movement phase, so no HE cannot move first)

b) that's a bit of an application at the time issue. shooting a unit, if models are on opposite sides of struts, I would say treat it as aread terrain. if you could pick a single target model in a single model unit without cover by LOS rules, I would say no. It really is dependent on the specific situations though. TLOS procedure should clear it up for you if you step by step it.

c) If they are all identical, then yes you would lose 3 of them. if they are all different (not possible with 6 raveners, but for example..) then you would put a wound on each.
If you had three pairs of identical models, you would also lose 3 (assuming 2 unsaved wounds on each pair...).

DarkLink
09-08-2009, 12:12 PM
a) No, the librarian can't move first. It is done at the beggining of the librarian's movement phase (note that this does not refer to the librarian's movement, but the movement phase in general, and as such no other models may move either. Refering to the Librarian's movement phase is simply an identifier to prevent you from trying this in an opponent's movement phase, it is not saying that the only restriction on timing is that you must do it before the librarian moves). It is handled the same way as deepstrikes, where you deepstrike everything in, then do your normal movements.

b) Drop Pods and their massive footprint when deployed have caused some unusual issues to pop up. Generally speaking, I've found most people completely ignore the doors for gaming purposes, and use TLOS, allowing you to shoot through the pod to a unit on the other side. That unit will probably get a cover save, though.

c) You remove as many models as possible. So if you have 6 identical, multiwound models and take 6 wounds, you must remove 3 models as casualties. Wound allocation can affect this, though. If you had 5 Nob Bikerz, each equipped differently, and took 5 wounds, you could allocate one wound to each biker. The "remove as many models as possible" applies after you assign wounds to each different group of identically equipped models.

Culven
09-08-2009, 01:26 PM
1) I don't have the codex to hand, but I believe Exitus Acta Probat has the issue addressed.
2) Since we use true line of sight, if you can see the target through the Drop Pod, you may target it. However, I seriously doubt it will be a clear line of fire, and a Cover Save will be in order.
3) You will follow the Multiwound Unit and possibly the Complex Unit rules for assigning/applying wounds and removing casualties.

mercer
09-09-2009, 04:19 AM
I don't know abuot the lbriarian rules, but I think others have got it covered ;)

I agree with others, if you can draw line of sight through the open pod then you can shoot, but if majority of the unit is in cover, or the model in question they would get a cover save.

Your Ravenors would take 6 wounds on three models if the unit has identical wargear. If they all have different then you can put a wound on each model.