PDA

View Full Version : Dead Space Marine iin NMM golds

odinsgrandson
09-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Here is the dead marine from Space Hulk. I honestly think it is quite a shame that he plays such a small part in the game- he's not even an objective marker. But he's a great mini none-the-less. Someone told me that he was a captain (which is unfounded in the fluff) so I decided to paint him in NMM gold to match some of the classic Blood Angels captains.

I put him up on Coolmini for anyone who cares to vote (http://www.coolminiornot.com/287782).

http://coolminiornot.com/pics/pics15/img4e7586759285b.jpg

Pendragon38
09-19-2011, 09:07 PM
just a lovely model......thats all I can say . Great job

plawolf
09-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Great work. That is all.

Firebird
09-19-2011, 09:31 PM
Nice job, i dont like the gold colour but its really well done!

A Barb
09-20-2011, 05:37 AM
If there was a like button I would have clicked it! :D

faolan
09-20-2011, 06:29 AM
It's quite well done, but as I see it, the way it's done it looks like it came out of a comic book - the details like the Chest Eagle just push that even further in my mind.

Still, it's obviously a quite skillfully painted figure, so I congratulate you there!

odinsgrandson
09-20-2011, 09:55 AM
It's quite well done, but as I see it, the way it's done it looks like it came out of a comic book - the details like the Chest Eagle just push that even further in my mind.

Still, it's obviously a quite skillfully painted figure, so I congratulate you there!

Honestly, I was going for a more comic book look to this mini. I even used comic pictures as reference for the NMM gold.

I suppose the style isn't to everyone's taste, and I do normally go with a more realistic look.

Kieranator K82
09-20-2011, 10:56 AM
If there was a like button I would have clicked it! :D

There is a like button.

fuzzbuket
09-20-2011, 12:04 PM
i was just painting some NMM

*looks at my attempt*
*looks at screen*
sigh
you are far too good at this sorta stuff this is increadable :D!

odinsgrandson
09-21-2011, 09:27 AM
i was just painting some NMM

*looks at my attempt*
*looks at screen*
sigh
you are far too good at this sorta stuff this is increadable :D!

Well, what you've got to do from there is give it another go. My NMM has been improving quite a bit as I've been painting more and more minis this way.

The Madman
09-21-2011, 09:56 AM
I was actually expecting a space marine conversion inspired by the game Dead Space XD

great model anyway, the nmm gold is well done.

odinsgrandson
09-22-2011, 10:20 AM
I was actually expecting a space marined conversion inspired by the game Dead Space XD

great model anyway, the nmm gold is well done.

I posted him up over on Miniwargaming and got that response three times in a row. I might be the only one who didn't think of it.

Another trouble I have is that this mini is actually named "dead space marine." I mean, every other marine in the set has a name. So I call this guy "Brother Yorick."