PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar All Female Lists

wittdooley
09-19-2011, 07:31 AM
So my wife has been showing recent interest in 40k/Fantasy; the only caveat is that that she really, really wants to play all female lists if she can. I know Dark Eldar would be a good outlet for this, as would sisters, but I don't have any notion of what a list would look like. Can anyone give me some input on what a Dark Eldar, all female list, would look like?

Gotthammer
09-19-2011, 08:39 AM
Depending on how much you want to scrounge for bitz, any unit can be made all-female in the Dark Eldar army. If you're going out of the box, then even all Wyches won't be 100% ladies as it's a 6/4 split to females in the box (the reverse in the Kabalite).

The Scourge, Reaver and Hellion box are split 2/3 to females/males, so there is heavy female representation (coparative to non-SoB armies). The Ravager has a female crewmember, and the Venon's crew is female. One of the Raider's three hangers on is female too.

Without parts swapping/scrounging/lots of leftoversThe main units to go for would be Wyches in Venoms/Raiders, with a Succubus as an HQ (or better yet counting-as something better) or Lelith. Ravagers as heavy support, and Elites you've got Bloodbrides. Other slots are really preference.

eldargal
09-19-2011, 08:41 AM
Well unless you want major conversions you would have to stick with a Kabalite/Wych list or a hybrid thereof. Even then you would have to check bits vendors and ebay for extra female torsos and possibly heads though between the blank masks and bandanas you should be able to make do.

Even if you go pure Wych cult (which is perfectly viable) you will still need to buy extra torsos, buy only four per squad.

The other problem would be pilots and gunners of vehicles. There are no female pilots for the raider, venom, ravager or razorwing and only one female gunner that comes with a venom. So she would have to be willing to accept that or slap some greenstuff breasts on them and use helmeted heads.

So it really depends how much converting you/she want to do. If you go for the minimal of buying extra torsos and slapping some greenstuff breasts on crew then you can use everything but Haemonculi, wracks and grotesques and have the usual sort of DE lists.

Edit: If you don't want to use the hangers on to represent your transports cargo, they can be used to represent regular troops with a bit of arm re-positioning and hand swaps and clever basing.

Mazelf
09-19-2011, 08:43 AM
Depending on how much you want to scrounge for bitz, any unit can be made all-female in the Dark Eldar army. If you're going out of the box, then even all Wyches won't be 100% ladies as it's a 6/4 split to females in the box (the reverse in the Kabalite).

The Scourge, Reaver and Hellion box are split 2/3 to females/males, so there is heavy female representation (coparative to non-SoB armies). The Ravager has a female crewmember, and the Venon's crew is female. One of the Raider's three hangers on is female too.

Without parts swapping/scrounging/lots of leftoversThe main units to go for would be Wyches in Venoms/Raiders, with a Succubus as an HQ (or better yet counting-as something better) or Lelith. Ravagers as heavy support, and Elites you've got Bloodbrides. Other slots are really preference.

What he said, ´cept he forgot Lady Malys...

But yeah, basically you can convert the entire army to be female as long as you get enough female upper bodies, maybe you can trade with a friend who´s also building a dark eldar army, or finde them on e-bay?

cheers on getting your wife interested in the game! whish I could managae that lol!

Valkerie
09-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Welcome to the Covens. Always good to see a fellow Dark Eldar player.:)

Actually, the Venom's pilot isn't really that much of a problem. The Venom comes with a full canopy, just paint it an opaque color, and you won't even need to use a pilot figure.;)

On the Haemonculi, the original models included a female Haemonculus. You'd have to scrounge around on E-Bay, but it should be available. If you want it, of course.

The new Incubi wil be a problem, they only come in a male version. But, a little Greenstuff work should take care of that.

Basically, good luck, and good hunting.

wittdooley
09-19-2011, 02:55 PM
So lets use Lelith and Mayls as a starting point. Help me build a list from there :) It doesn't have to be a super hard list, just something she could mess around with.

w7west
09-19-2011, 06:56 PM
Of course there is always the haemoculi themed army:

Take wracks for troops, be sure to greenstuff on a couple boobs per square cm. Use stitch marks to make it look aesthetically pleasing.

Grotesques for your elites with plenty of exposed wombs greenstuffed on and female legs sticking out at various angles. Again prominent stitch marks is a sign of beauty in the place these creatures come from.

For heavy support you have your cronos, a being which literally drains the life out of it's enemies. For this a simple female model will do.

Hope this helps! If not oh well I might make it myself one day.

superhappyrobot
09-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Here's a basic list that falls just under 1500 points to work towards:

HQ:
Lelith Hesperax

Elites:
9 Bloodbrides: 3 Shardnet/Iimpaler, Syren w/ Agoniser, Raider w/ Flickerfield

Troops:
5 Kabalite Warriors: Blaster, Venom w/ Splinter Cannon

5 Kabalite Warriors: Blaster, Venom w/ Splinter Cannon

10 Wyches: 2 Hydra Gauntlets, Hekatrix w/ Agoniser, Raider w/ Flickerfield

10 Wyches: 2 Hydra Gauntlets, Hekatrix w/ Agoniser, Raider w/ Flickerfield

Heavy Support:
Ravager w/ Flickerfield

Ravager w/ Flickerfield

Ravager w/ Flickerfield

Alternatively, you could substitute a Ravager for a squad of 5 Scourges with 2 Heat Lances. Both of these lists can be done with only female models, but, as mentioned above, would require some serious torso scrounging. If you were to buy the above list NIB, ~50% of the torsos would be female, requiring you to find ~25 female torsos from bits providers/friends/etc.

thecactusman17
09-19-2011, 11:30 PM
Reaver bikes and Hellions are both variants of the Wych/Warrior torso and can be made all-female or male.

The best way to do an all-femme/male army is to go in with another player on TWO new Dark Eldar armies and split the torsos. If you get infantry models you can almost always manage to have enough bodies of each gender.

wittdooley
09-19-2011, 11:38 PM
She likes the scourge models, so I'll prob go that route.

AbusePuppy
09-20-2011, 04:29 AM
Also keep in mind that many of the other useful units (Beastmasters, Reavers, Incubi) can easily be made female with a little bit of part-swapping or converting. I mainly mention this because Bloodbrides are a fairly underwhelming unit.

With regards to Wyches, I would strongly recommend going Impaler/Shardnet over the other weapons- Wyches aren't actually all that killy, but they are exceedingly good at tying things up in combat, so play to their strengths. Lilith/Malys and any Incubi or Beastmasters can do your killing for you while Wyches hold up strong shooting/melee units to keep them out of the fight until you're ready for them. Haywire grenades are also a good addition, not for Dreadnoughts but for the ability to charge stationary/slow-moving transports and suppress or occasionally even kill them.

Whatever you do, you are going to be relying a lot on bitz sellers to get the torsos you need, so expect to be spending a fair bit more than the "basic" cost there.

Da Gargoyle
10-16-2011, 11:55 PM
Gotthamma, I think you are confused mate. Non of the wyches were ladies in my opinion. No lady would kick a guardsman like that.

Secondly, being a female army can be in the mind. All your HQ can be female, then the rest have "breast" plates once they have proven themselves in battle. I mean the girls are tough but I don't think the boobs actually shape the armour.

Finally, if your wife is like mine, she wouldn't mind the odd unit of hard buff lads enslaved to her whim.