PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point Deathguard army

foostufoo
09-17-2011, 08:12 AM
Hey there!

I quit 40k nearly 2 years ago now, but I'm now starting up again, pretty much from scratch. I had a couple of armies last time I was playing, one of them a Deathguard army which was my personal favourite, so it makes sense for me to return to them!

Now as I've said I've been out of the game for 2 years, I remember quite a lot of things but I have no doubt I'm rather rusty!

Anyway, on with the list:

HQ
Daemon Prince, MoN, Warptime, Wings - 175

Daemon Prince, MoN, Warptime, Wings - 175

Troops
7 Plague marines, champion, power weapon, 2 flamers - 201
Rhino, Daemonic possession - 55

7 Plague marines, champion, power weapon, 2 flamers - 201

7 Plague marines, champion, power weapon, plasma pistol, 2 plasma guns - 236

7 Plague marines, champion, power fist, 2 meltaguns - 221

7 Plague marines, champion, power fist, 2 meltaguns - 221

Heavy Support
Vindicator, extra armour, TL bolter - 145

Vindicator, extra armour, TL bolter - 145

Total: 1995

Not much to say really, daemon princes to take on the biggest thing they can. Flamer squads for spraying infantry, plasma squad for elite infantry/monstrous creatures, melta squads for tank busting/monstrous creatures. Vindicators are a good all rounder but will provide support where ever it is needed most. Also the reason for giving them twin linked bolters is just incase they suffer a weapon destroyed result, by destroying them I can save my demolisher cannons. Plus they're really cheap, 5 points to save a demolisher cannon seems worth the price!

For the most part the army is designed for short ranged fire fights, gunna get everything moving at full speed on the first turn, using the rhinos and their smoke launchers to cover the princes.

Its designed to be semi-competitive, an army that can hold its own against most things, but not something I would take to a competitive tournament.

As a side note I'll probably add some obliterators to the army at some point, I remember how effective they are at..... well, everything!

So yea any comments or suggestions are welcome :)

Once the list has been finalised I shall be doing a WIP post on the army including pictures/paint schemes and modelling, once i've got it started I shall add the link to this post.

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
09-21-2011, 11:15 AM
pretty straight forward list not much to comment on. I would lose a squad and maybe add some termies or something for flavor.
youll have trouble with the new dark eldar because of all the dark lances and the poisoned weapons negates you high toughness.
it will take some good tactics to win against newer armies
God! Chaos space marines needs a new dex. years ago this list would have been awesome, now its only soso.
i dont mean to offend. its just i used to dominate with CSM and i miss the old days :D
Good luck and welcome back

FTE-Charge!!!
09-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Also the reason for giving them twin linked bolters is just incase they suffer a weapon destroyed result, by destroying them I can save my demolisher cannons. Plus they're really cheap, 5 points to save a demolisher cannon seems worth the price!.

Just an fyi- your opponent gets to chose which weapon is destroyed on that result. But at least those upgrades will keep you doing something!

I think the list is good but like the previous post I think it will have some trouble against newer codices.

I also second the more flavor part of the list. Something like terminators or havocs, or bikes. Have you considered the ultra cheap Greater Daemon? That can be a nasty suprise and would go great popping out of one of the pwr w. champions. Summoned daemons might also help to tie up opponents and let you reposition or charge in on your own terms

Ulf
09-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Nice themed army, very nurgly. :)

Drop the daemonic possession on the rhinos and the extra armour + TLB on the vindicators. Buy daemonic possession and combi weapons for the vindicators and add one obliterator, and youre good to go. Remember that you can deep strike your daemon princes and oblits, so you might want to keep them off the board, depending on terrain, enemy army and mission.

Gop
09-21-2011, 08:02 PM
As a DG player I'd agree, the poor old chaos dex is suffering badly from lag compared to most of the others and doesn't really keep up in a tournament environment. The only list that comes close is the double lash build with heaps of obliterators, but even then most can get around it. To rub salt into the wound, there are a lot of Grey knights getting around. Some day Chaos will rise again.