PDA

View Full Version : DA vs world eaters 2500 pts. Need help...

Thefallen
09-14-2011, 06:15 PM
I got a game against a good friend. He's playin his world eaters. Im playin my deathwing /ravenwing army.
He has beaten me 6 out of 7 times in this match-up. He has told me some of his list. It includes 30 korn beserkers, 3 land raiders, abadon, a blood thirster, some chaos terminators, a demon pince or 2,and some other stuff I cant remember.
Im fielding below and all I have left over for models is 10 devestators,1 razor/rhino, 15 vets, sammual and 1 interigator chap.
Also im not in front of my dex so im not sure the exact pts. ( edit. I found the dex and updated pts)
Any tactical help would be greatly apprecated. Thanks.
Hq-
Baliel (185)
W/ apoth, standard
Libby (145)
Term armor
Elite
Dred (155)
W/ tllc, ml
Troop
5 term(fnp, +1A) (240)
W/ 4thss, cml, 1cfist
5 term (240)
W/ 4thss, cml, 1cfist
5 term (245)
W/ 3sb, 1thss, assalt cannon
5 term (245)
W/ 3sb, 1thss, assalt cannon
Fast
3 Rwing + attack bike(MMelta) (195)
W/ 2melta,mbomb
3 Rwing (150)
W/ 2flamers, mbomb, pw
2 ((3))RWing support (175) ((240))
1W/ tml,hbolter
1W/ MMelta ,assalt can
((1W/ MMelta))
Heavy
1Land raider (250)
1Vindicator (125)
1 pred (130) ((165))
W/ tlLcan, 2hbolter((2las-spon))
Total (2380) or ((2480))
(edit, I changed the list a little so it leaves me 120 to spare. I could make the dred tlauto can, h flamer,CCW saveing 25 pts and take 5 vets W/ 4 combi- meltas, 1 sbolt for 145 rounding it out at 2500.)

Pikante
09-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Simple advice might be to replace the devastators with the predator overall it will be harder for his 'zerkers to mess up your predator then your devastator squad. You will just need to watch out for his HQ units, but that's what your close combat terminators are there for.

I would suggest with the shooty terminators to put a couple of them in the regular squads as you are dark angels so it's completely possible. It would be a good idea to get a little bit of wound allocation going for shooting so that the real heavy hitters could live long enough for close combat, but that's just a thought; not sure if it's completely the best idea, but still.

I wouldn't suggest the command squad in the slightest, especially since you can have terminators as troops. Replace them with some more terminators (perhaps the shooty ones) and put the libby in with some close combat terminators. What psychic powers does the libby have? Since he will have to fight Abbadon (Why is he in world eaters!? Kids these days....) you might want to just sticky with the chaplin. Again this all depends on the psychic powers.

I would go more in depth, but I need to know a few points costs first, and what kind of SR's/powers they have.

Thefallen
09-14-2011, 10:07 PM
The libby has only 2 power. Force barrier (psy test inv.save) and hellfire(template attack)
The reason I need him is the psyhood. I need a way to shut down the annoing demon powers(lash-prince)
I did a few changes and added pts to original post

Pikante
09-14-2011, 10:33 PM
World eaters are using psychic powers!? What has this world come too!

That makes sense the libby however if he is rolling with the terminators and in terminator armor he wouldn't really need the invun save power, I would suggest another one to be honest, but then again i do not know the full extent of the logic behind it for I lack the opponents preferred list.

Hmm now though your list looks pretty solid I might suggest putting in some plasma with the bikes instead of flamers, but keeping the melta's with them.

In all honesty because he has three land raiders I would make your predator have 3 lascannons, for the sole fact that it will be tank hunting the crud out of him. That would bring your points total up a little bit, but would help you out quite a bit as well. I would also recommend some chain fists for dealing with his armor, as thunderhammers are only strength8, and he will likely ignore crew stunned and shaken results.

I hope this helps a little bit, sorry I feel as if I am not as in depth as I should be.

Thefallen
09-14-2011, 11:07 PM
I like the lascanon sponsons idea. it only costs 35pts more than the h bolters. I could also add 1 more land speeder w/ a MMelta to the Rwing support squad)(ill buy1 more if its worth it. Im playin on sunday so I got some time to make and prime). That would leave 20pts . Should I take a close combat dred(-25pts leavin me 45 pts to spare for upgrades ) or a las/missile dred?

Pikante
09-14-2011, 11:28 PM
Honestly I would change all of the land speeders to have multi meltas, and the same wargear. I understand wound allocation with vehicle squads and such, but it will limit their effectiveness against a specific role. If you want to take something that works well with the multi melta I would suggest heavy flamer. I know sounds odd, but hear me out, you can then either be anti infantry, or anti tank with that squad doubling it's effectiveness, at least in theory.

I would also highly recommend driving them along flanks of deep striking them, they won't be much use in the front or out of cover. Granted they could turbo boost but you want those suckers shooting as fast as possible, and taking out his ability to get to you first.

Dreadnoughts should always, always, always, always have a dreadnought close combat weapon... unless you're grey knights, but you aren't so add in the close combat weapon. This is especially true against zerkers.

The rest is up to you!

Thefallen
09-15-2011, 10:27 AM
Thanks for your input Pikanti. Im thinking a gunline set up. If I go first im fireing everything at the Lr's which will be full of 'zerkers. I need to get them out of they're trans to shoot them up or they'll mess up anything they get with in 20" of. If I go second, I will try and set up as far away from him as posible. Flank with the bikes and Dwing strike his obliterators. As for game type, im fighting korn so it always annalation.

dvs1
09-15-2011, 12:31 PM
I would take the venerable upgrade always on the dread. At 20 pts its a steal. I usually run mine w/ MM, DCCW, heavy flamer venerable, extra armour and a drop pod. The pod gets me in melta range, and extra armour and venerable gives me the best chance at surviving a round of shooting and still be able to assault next turn. Also, might be a good idea to take a 2nd attack bike for the 2nd ravenwing squad if ya got one. I find them to be a most useful unit that is both effective and cheap. Odd numbered deathwing squads also let you take full advantage of DWA, if you use it regularly. Unless you plan on putting one in the LR, DWA'ing the other 3, ahh... I get it ;).

Thefallen
09-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Here is a mini- battle report for this list.
Game. Capture and control.
Set up. Spearhead
I set up a terminator gunline (w/ baliel) to the front of my base. I put the vindicator and landraider(w/ fnp terms) in front of the line. On my right flank I put the dred and 6 bikes. On the left go the attackbikes, land speeders, and preditor. I leave 5 CC terms and libby in reserve.
Opponant set up.
He puts 1 landraider (with 10 zerkers)at his base. On his left flank 5chosen w/ 5 flamers in rhino. On right landraider w/ karn and 9 zerkers, 2nd landraider w/ champ and 9 zerkers, 5 melta chosen in rino, 5 plasma chosen in rhino + 5 raptors.
Turn 1 I go first. I shoot the lead LR only destoy 1 lascan and stunning it. The pred demobilized 1 rino and landspeeders stun other rhino. On right bikes wreck last rhino.
Opp turn. Hes stuck, cant realy move due to my shooting. He still manages to melta and plas my attackbikes and las 1 bike.
Turn 2. I have a bad round of shooting I kill 1melta chosen and 2flamer chosen.
Opp. He shakes my pred, both landspeeders and kills 3 bikes. He moves the landraiders up into
Position.
Turn 3. I deep strike terms in front of lead LR. I destroy the rest of his rhinos, the rest of the flamer chosen and 1 lascan on 2nd LR.
Opp. Swarms my Ds terms with karn champ and 9 zerkers. Wipes them from the board. Destroyes tllc and 1 las spon on the pred. Shakes both landspeeders again and dred
Turn 4. Vindicator and term assaultcannon wipe-out his zerkers and put 1 wound on karn. Fnp terms and land raider wipe out the rest of his chosen. My last 2 bikes try to melta and m bomb the LR and fail.
Opp. He moves his raptors to contest my base and assault my pred. Karn kills my libby and his champ and 9 other zerkers kill my last 2 bikes and demobilized my dred. His LRs destroy all my weapons on the vindicator but fail to stop it (Hehehe)(moving cover).
Turn 5. My term assault cannons and h-flamer kill champ and 5 zerkers. Dred insta-kill karn with multi-melta. Land speeders and baliel wipe-out the raptors. My Point is uncontested. My LR destroy another lascan spon. I load-up my fnp terms.
Opp. LR Lascan wrecks my vindicator.(finaly that thing took tons of shots all game) his 4 zerkers assault my dred destroying cc arm and loosing 2.
Game ends. Draw
Units left
Me. 5 fnp terms , 10 shooty terms, 2 landspeeders unharmed, Land raider unharmed, baliel, an immobilized dred with a multi melta, and a pred with only 1 lascanon sponson left.
Opp. 1 LR with no lascannons, 1 LR with 1 las left, 1 LR unharmed with 10 zerkers, and 2 zerkers locked in CC with dred.
I got 11 kpts to his 8 kpts
Over all it played pretty well. There were a few things both of us could have done better. Over all I was happy to not lose.
Thanks for the help. I appereciate it.

Thefallen
09-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Here is a mini-battle report for this list.
Game. Capture and control.
Set up. Spearhead
I set up a terminator gunline (w/ baliel) to the front of my base. I put the vindicator and landraider(w/ fnp terms) in front of the line. On my right flank I put the dred and 6 bikes. On the left go the attackbikes, land speeders, and preditor. I leave 5 CC terms and libby in reserve.
Opponant set up.
He puts 1 landraider (with 10 zerkers)at his base. On his left flank 5chosen w/ 5 flamers in rhino. On right landraider w/ karn and 9 zerkers, 2nd landraider w/ champ and 9 zerkers, 5 melta chosen in rino, 5 plasma chosen in rhino + 5 raptors.
Turn 1 I go first. I shoot the lead LR only destoy 1 lascan and stunning it. The pred demobilized 1 rino and landspeeders stun other rhino. On right bikes wreck last rhino.
Opp turn. Hes stuck, cant realy move due to my shooting. He still manages to melta and plas my attackbikes and las 1 bike.
Turn 2. I have a bad round of shooting I kill 1melta chosen and 2flamer chosen.
Opp. He shakes my pred, both landspeeders and kills 3 bikes. He moves the landraiders up into
Position.
Turn 3. I deep strike terms in front of lead LR. I destroy the rest of his rhinos, the rest of the flamer chosen and 1 lascan on 2nd LR.
Opp. Swarms my Ds terms with karn champ and 9 zerkers. Wipes them from the board. Destroyes tllc and 1 las spon on the pred. Shakes both landspeeders again and dred
Turn 4. Vindicator and term assaultcannon wipe-out his zerkers and put 1 wound on karn. Fnp terms and land raider wipe out the rest of his chosen. My last 2 bikes try to melta and m bomb the LR and fail.
Opp. He moves his raptors to contest my base and assault my pred. Karn kills my libby and his champ and 9 other zerkers kill my last 2 bikes and demobilized my dred. His LRs destroy all my weapons on the vindicator but fail to stop it (Hehehe)(moving cover).
Turn 5. My term assault cannons and h-flamer kill champ and 5 zerkers. Dred insta-kill karn with multi-melta. Land speeders and baliel wipe-out the raptors. My Point is uncontested. My LR destroy another lascan spon. I load-up my fnp terms.
Opp. LR Lascan wrecks my vindicator.(finaly that thing took tons of shots all game) his 4 zerkers assault my dred destroying cc arm and loosing 2.
Game ends. Draw
Units left
Me. 5 fnp terms , 10 shooty terms, 2 landspeeders unharmed, Land raider unharmed, baliel, an immobilized dred with a multi melta, and a pred with only 1 lascanon sponson left.
Opp. 1 LR with no lascannons, 1 LR with 1 las left, 1 LR unharmed with 10 zerkers, and 2 zerkers locked in CC with dred.
I got 11 kpts to his 8 kpts
Over all it played pretty well. There were a few things both of us could have done better. Over all I was happy to not lose.
Thanks for the help. I appereciate it.