PDA

View Full Version : CSM mirror list 2000pts

Bedroom General
09-13-2011, 03:50 AM
I've been trying to get 2 possessed landraiders into a list that I like for a while. Yes, yes I know, point sink. Sharpen the knives.

Here is what I call my "mirror" list.
I halve the points and then make the most effective list I can bearing in mind two (three) things.
Both lists have to contain 1 HQ and 2x Troops
Both should mirror and complement each other.
(Choices depend on available models)

1st 1000pts
Daemon Prince of Nurgle with wings
5x Plague Marines, 2x Melta, Rhino
5x Khorne Berzerkers, 2x Plasma Pistols, Rhino
7x PM, Champ, Power Fist, 2x Flamer
Possessed Landraider! (Yay!)

Nicely under

2nd 1000pts
Daemon Prince of Khorne with wings
5x Plague Marines, 2x Melta, Rhino
5x Khorne Berzerkers, 2x Plasma Pistols, Rhino
7x Khorne Berzerkers, Champ, Power Fist, 2x Flamer
Possessed Landraider! (Again.Yay!)

even nicelier* under.

gives me room for...

2x Obliterators. (There's two of them, so that's mirrorish.)

1998 pts

Never underestimate the power of five raw Khorney Boys with two Plasma Pistols!

*Neologism.:eek:

BTW Anyone got other army "mirror" lists? Lets stay at 2000pts?

BrningHalo
09-16-2011, 06:57 PM
Are the possessed Land Raiders worth the loss of BS skill for each?

I am currently playing IG so I am having to come to terms with the BS of 3. It seems that one of the
many benefits of the LR's is the BS score.

I would also be concerned with the small squad sizes. Would it be possible to theme each list to one
of the gods and therefore bulk up the smaller units? Say one 1k list for Khorne and one 1k list for Nurgle.

Another option that I really enjoy is the use of Lesser Summoned Demons. They are cheap, have decent stats and the ability to DS later in the game can be a real treat in the later rounds of a tough game.

Thanks,
Tom

w7west
09-16-2011, 07:15 PM
Are the possessed Land Raiders worth the loss of BS skill for each?

Yes of course! The reason csm like to possess their Land Raiders is that no matter what it will be moving and able to shoot every turn until you immobilize or blow it up. The main function of the raider is a transport for your guys, so for 20 points you can keep it moving all day, nice! The downside, -1 bs, is also ok since the lascannons are twinlinked. Hitting on 4's isn't so bad when you get to reroll c:

Hey I like your army man. A lot of capability and a lot of troop sounds good to me. Plus two fat Land Raiders ouch!! You could make a pretty mean armored blob with the rhinos hidden by the landraiders as you move around then pop out and smack up some loyalists.

You will probably get spanked by god cc units like TWC, Bloodcrushers, etc since no inv but who cares those units are for noobs, and your guys look a lot cooler. And you can always just tank shock TWC 15 times until they roll a 9 haha. Good work men

Bedroom General
09-16-2011, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the replies. I've been tweaking this list to get to this stage. The little squads are both for mobile objective taking and also shooting out of the Rhinos. They also act as bait to attract attacks so that I can get one or both DPs into the combat. I love the possessed landraiders, the extra points are well spent IMO as the frustration of my opponents will attest. I see the vulnerability to CC troops, but the trick with the tiny Khorne squads is to disembark, fire the Plasma Pistols (even Termies are potential victims) then charge. small squads with powerfists don't always survive til the champ gets to attack. So I struck on the idea of getting my hits in first with Ppistols. the chances of popping at least one opponent are good, then the furiious charge, then the fearlessly dying, hopefully lasting til a DP pitches in. Also they can stay in the Rhino popping 2 12" plasma shots after moving 6" in the can. I'll admit to it not necessarily being the optimum build for a small squad, but it is annoying, and it gives me more mech, which I really enjoy using!