PDA

View Full Version : finding my feet with dark eldar

Bladezaim
09-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Hey guys, I am brand new to the forum, but have lurked for about a year now. I played 40k way back in third edition and I am currently trying to get back in with dark eldar. I need some feedback on what should be in my list and what should be left at home. I have a couple preferences that may not be practical, but I can deal with that when I get feedback. Im working on a list now and will be able to post it later tonight. Here are my thoughts so far.

Hq No archon and no named characters-willing to bend on this At least two portal carrying heamonculli(sp)

Elites Loving five trueborn w/four blasters in dual sc venoms Possibly mandrakes for the heamo to join and deploy portal by No incubi or bloodbrides

Troops No wyches-willing to bend on this Possibly wracks for portal carriers? and objective holders Warriors w/blaster in raiders

Transports Venoms w/dual sc Raiders w/shock prows and ff- ramming to possibly hurt enemy vehicles and create terrain

Fast Attack Really liking reavers with heatlances Considering scourges with haywire blasters

Heavy Support Talos-must has at least one, more is fine Open to razorwings or ravagers

Thank you for your input. I will post the list I have by tomorrow at the latest for more feedback

Bladezaim
09-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Hq

Heamonculus Liquifier gun Webway portal 95 total

Elites

5x trueborn 4x blaster venom w/ extra splinter cannon 185 total

Troops

5x wracks Liquifier gun Acothyst Raider w/ shock prow and flickerfield 145 total

5x wyches Haywire grenades Hekatrix Blast pistol Venom blade 90 total

10x warriors Shredder Splinter cannon raider w/ shock prow and flickerfield 180 total

10x warriors Dark lance raider w/ shock prow and flickerfield 190 total

Fast attack

6x reavers 2x heatlance 156 total

5x scourges 2x haywire blaster 130 total

Heavy support

Ravaged w/ flickerfield 115 total

Talos w/ chain flails and additional close combat weapon 125 total

Grand total=2001 pts

Bladezaim
09-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Hq

Elites

Troops

5x wracks Liquifier gun Acothyst Raider w/ shock prow and flickerfield 145 total

5x wyches Haywire grenades Hekatrix Blast pistol Venom blade 90 total

10x warriors Shredder Splinter cannon raider w/ shock prow and flickerfield 180 total

10x warriors Dark lance raider w/ shock prow and flickerfield 190 total

Fast attack

6x reavers 2x heatlance 156 total

5x scourges 2x haywire blaster 130 total

Heavy support

Ravaged w/ flickerfield 115 total

Grand total=2001 pts

Asdrubeal
09-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Hi Bladezaim and welcome to the forum. I'm no expert by any means, but I've been playing Dark Eldar for about eight months now.

Hq No archon and no named characters-willing to bend on this At least two portal carrying heamonculli(sp)

One of the archons (Vect, Malys, or the generic) is probobly the best HQ choice we have. That being said, Haemonculi are indespensible, however they are a utility choice used to add a cheap pain token to a unit (great synergy with wyches who become great tarpits with FNP).

Elites Loving five trueborn w/four blasters in dual sc venoms Possibly mandrakes for the heamo to join and deploy portal by No incubi or bloodbrides

The Blaster-born in venom setup is a great anti-armor option. Don't blow off the incubi, however. They are the other shining star of the Elites slot in the codex. They make a great retinue for your Archon. Mandrakes are just aweful. In order to be any good, you need to give them a pain token (usually by attaching a Haemonculi which causes them to loose their infiltrate). They're just a waste.

Troops No wyches-willing to bend on this Possibly wracks for portal carriers? and objective holders Warriors w/blaster in raiders

Wyches are a great troop option as long as they start with a Heamonculi attached. I usually play annialation(sp?) games so wyches work great for me, however, they aren't any good for holding objectives. When I find myself in an objective game, I usually split my troop slots between warriors and wyches.

Transports Venoms w/dual sc Raiders w/shock prows and ff- ramming to possibly hurt enemy vehicles and create terrain

Venoms setup is great, but shock prow is a waste. Instead of using your raiders as a battering ram after the troops have deployed, detach a heamonculi from his squad, load him up and let him buzz around with his liquifier gun. I've had WAY more success using this tactic than the shock prow method. FF is a must though.

Fast Attack Really liking reavers with heatlances Considering scourges with haywire blasters

The fast attack slot is really our weakest slot in the codex. I've played with hellions and scourges several times. I haven't used the reavers, but I just don't feel that they are worth their cost. If I take a FA option it is generally heat lance scourges coming out of a WWP.

Heavy Support Talos-must has at least one, more is fine Open to razorwings or ravagers

The Ravager with FF is the shining star of the Heavy slot. Generally you will want to run 3 of these, however, if you are running a WWP, the Talos with heat lances isn't a bad idea, however, I would still run 2 ravagers with it.

Like I said, I'm no 40k expert, but that's my 2 cents from having played them for a while.