PDA

View Full Version : Rejoice, my Khadoran friends...for at long last

scadugenga
09-03-2011, 08:01 PM
The Bombardiers are coming!

http://privateerpress.com/files/imagecache/2up/products/33067_ManOWarBombardiersWEB.png

Probably the longest wait for any WM player...but at least you can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. :)

Lord Azaghul
09-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Please tell me they are going to be plastic! :p

wittdooley
09-06-2011, 01:51 PM
That is an affirmative, Ghost Rider.

Lord Azaghul
09-07-2011, 06:28 AM
That is an affirmative, Ghost Rider.

Doing the happy dance right now!

This and the new starter set will be a great addition to my force.

All/mostly metal models is my biggest beef with PP (but to be fair it was the 'gyrocopter' & 'goblin hewer' from GW that taught be to hate building metal)

stampdog316
09-11-2011, 12:33 PM
It is strictly theorymachine at this point since I have not used them yet, but I don't see the role these guys will play. For 2 points less I can have the same number of MOW shocktroopers with CMA, shieldwall, and reach. Plus they have a ranged attack though it is short-ranged.
At SPD 4 and a 10" shooting range it isn't like the bombadiers are going to chase something down. I would just rather have shocktroopers if I was going to get within 10" of an enemy. I could see them being used in a tier list, however. The Butcher and Karchev love their MOW units.

Farseer Uthiliesh
09-17-2011, 05:47 PM
I received an email from the hobby supplier three days ago informing me that my Bombardiers are on the way. I should get them this week.

stampdog316
09-20-2011, 06:24 AM
If anyone plays bombardiers let us know how they do; I'm curious to see their performance in-game.

Demitra
10-19-2011, 07:54 AM
I've played two games with the Bombardiers now and they've been a mixed bag. First game they didn't do much because they got into melee real quick. Second game they didn't do much because I didn't realize that shooting at Stormblades with Arcane Shield and Deflection = ARM 20. While you should kill a Stormblade on expected value with a direct hit, my dice were not so accommodating, plus POW 7 blast damage can't do anything against that ARM. Same went for the Stormclad that I shot. Once I stripped Arcane Shield I got more traction and they cleared out a decent few Stormblades.

Overall I'm not sold on them. The min unit I've been running costs the same as a Juggernaut and has been less effective for me. I've been putting Fortune on them, but I haven't had any issues connecting with my attacks yet so it feels like a waste. I really want to like these guys as I've been pinning after them since I started Warmachine (around the time Mk. II came out), but it just isn't working yet. Ideally I'd run them as a close support/second wave unit, which I managed better last game, but they're slow enough to get left behind by regular infantry and their fat ***** (read: medium bases) take up a lot more room than I'm used to. I have the models now, plus I love the idea of the unit, so I'll keep plugging away at them, but the initial returns are not encouraging.