PDA

View Full Version : DE Sslyth ,Lhamaean & heap of Finecast up on GW.com

eldargal
09-02-2011, 10:58 PM
One piece, didn't see that coming:
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1950161a_99800112012_DELhamaean02_873x627.jpg

Sslyth is 7 pieces. Cree, Kell, Venomthrope and weirdboy are all up as well.

fuzzbuket
09-03-2011, 02:05 AM
oooh shiney! that looks awfuly fun to paint! also that new nurgle looks awsome!

DrLove42
09-03-2011, 02:08 AM
One piece? Thats gonna make converting her a little more of a challenge...

eldargal
09-03-2011, 02:10 AM
Yep, very careful cuts with a razorsaw for arm swaps. Wouldn't even attempt a headswap what with that lovely braid.

isotope99
09-03-2011, 02:48 AM
Yep, very careful cuts with a razorsaw for arm swaps. Wouldn't even attempt a headswap what with that lovely braid.

You probably want to use a sharp knife rather than a saw, you'd get cleaner cuts.

Agree a headswap would be difficult, you'd have to GS the hair so that it joined up again

eldargal
09-03-2011, 03:06 AM
Oh I don't know, I've used the razorsaw to cut up Finecast before, you just have to treat it like you are cutting a piece of meat or something and do it in one slice, not go back and forth. Still a sharp knife would be fine as well of course.

Looking forward to getting my order of Lahmaeans and seeing how they look without the silly highlighting the studio gives them.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
09-03-2011, 08:56 AM
Shame about the one-piece, the pose of the sheath/sword makes the model look very , very static (still, would be easy to chop&change the arms.) Otherwise, beautiful sculpt.

...not crazy about the Sslyth, though. The pose they chose for its serpentine body/four arms is really, really meh.

eldargal
09-03-2011, 08:59 AM
The pose is nothing special, hard to see what else they could have done witht it though. Personally I'm going to repose the arms as much as possible to give it a bit more sense of movement.

In the interests of completeness:
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1950171a_99800112013_DESslyth02_873x627.jpg

Ulthwé Guardian
09-03-2011, 10:51 AM
I couldn't help but notice a sentence in the 02/Sept/2011 What's New Today article:

"The great thing is, because she's not selfish, she shares them with the rest of the unit too, giving everyone even more powerful poisoned weapons."

It would be more beneficial for the Lhamaean if she could share her Mistress of Poisons ability with the rest of the unit (the Sslyth could have 2+ to wound Shardcarbine). Perhaps disappointingly, the codex does state only the Lhamaeans and the Archon benefit from the rule.

I guess even at GW there's still some confusion on how the Court of the Archon is supposed to play. Or am the one who's confused?

eldargal
09-03-2011, 10:59 AM
It is an error, though maybe if we are lucky they will errata it for Lhamaeans to affect the whole squad.:)

Necron_Lord
09-03-2011, 12:07 PM
I've said it before, but the mini doesn't conform to the wargear in the codex. Don't the sculptors and game designers consult with one another? Besides lacking the pistol she ought to have, that mini is stunning! I don't see how it is possible to field just one, as she would need to have a companion (female, of course!) to share the delights of the battlefield with and afterwards.

The sslyth dude is pretty cool as well, maybe a swap here or there with some reposing and he should look cool as well. Now all we need is the Voidraven Bomber and some more SCs.

eldargal
09-03-2011, 10:51 PM
Well, she has her knife, and you would be surprised how many places a girl can hide a pistol.

Asymmetrical Xeno
09-03-2011, 11:13 PM
The clearer pics on the GW site make me like the Sslyth even more. Definitly going to save up and buy enough to do a 1000pt army of them. Doesnt look like they have a second head option, but I was going to use GS to vary them anyway.

eldargal
09-03-2011, 11:20 PM
They are lovely aren't they? I've pre-ordered 6 for both my Archons courts.

Asymmetrical Xeno
09-04-2011, 01:32 AM
They are lovely aren't they? I've pre-ordered 6 for both my Archons courts.

I wish I had your income :p

I'll probably be able to afford 14 if I save up for a good while. Figured a GK terminator list could work for the basic Sslyth's, a Sslyth "dreadknight" converted from a trygon/lizardmen bitz and an inquisitor and retinue (Sslyth and slaves) slaves could be made out of old WHF snakemen.

What skin colour are you painting yours? I find the green to be too stereotypical/generic personally, so I think I'll go with orange/Yellow/Red sort of like Corn-snakes...

eldargal
09-04-2011, 01:46 AM
I'm not sure to be honest. My Kabal colour is a dark pink with white, I was thinking something to tie in with that, perhaps a pink with cream underbelly. Or perhaps purple with a pink underbelly.

Asymmetrical Xeno
09-04-2011, 03:40 AM
I'm not sure to be honest. My Kabal colour is a dark pink with white, I was thinking something to tie in with that, perhaps a pink with cream underbelly. Or perhaps purple with a pink underbelly.

Purple with a pink underbelly would have more contrast I think, that would look pretty sick. Perhaps white for the armour.

eldargal
09-04-2011, 03:51 AM
I agree.:) It also adds a nice unity to my Eldar (white with pink secondary (helmets etc)) and Dark Eldar (dark pink with white secondary) and then mercenary sllyths with purple scales, pink underbelly and white armour.

TheRise
09-06-2011, 03:24 AM
If I'm honest I'm not a fan of the Slytth. I was expectring something bigger and scraier. Not a piddly snake in a suit. May ahve to make my own ones :D

eldargal
09-06-2011, 05:31 AM
How big were you expecting, out of interest? I mean they are already on a 40mm base hard to see how they could be much bigger without being cramped up into some silly position.

TheRise
09-06-2011, 07:23 AM
As in big I meant more fat, a bit more like a Rat Ogre or a Grotesque or something... then again i did miss out the fact they are serpents while reading through the fluff apparently :/

eldargal
09-09-2011, 06:34 AM
Just got an email saying my Lhamaeans and Sslyth have shipped, hurrah!