PDA

View Full Version : New Miniature Release from Chapterhouse - Warrior Priestess

chapterhousestudios
08-28-2011, 11:05 PM
Many of you have emailed about the general release of the TRU-Scale Storm Raven Extension kits. After some production delays, this kit is being produced very rapidly and we will have enough kits for a general release scheduled for Saturday September 3rd. The kit is composed of 9 components to extend the hull of the Games Workshop Storm Raven kit and add on a Grappling Harness for a Dreadnought.

http://www.chapterhousestudios.com/webshop/images/productpics/sidefull.jpg

http://www.chapterhousestudios.com/webshop/images/productpics/sidenowing.jpg

Today our second complete miniature figure is released.
Armana'serq - Warrior Priestess
http://www.chapterhousestudios.com/webshop/images/productpics/StandalonepaintedWarriorgreynologo.jpg

The gods have always demanded worship and sacrifice but in return they grant their most zealous followers with supernatural strength and skills. Serqitet, goddess of the scorpion protects her followers through her warrior priestess. Armed with sword and pistol, Armana'serq leads her fellow warrior-priest into combat through stealth and subterfuge.

This unpainted 28mm scale pewter model consist of 6 components - body and 5 variant arms. A 25mm slotted base is included.

Look for our exciting TRU-Scale Storm Raven Extension kit next week!

Nick- Chapterhousestudios.com

eldargal
08-28-2011, 11:40 PM
So getting one of the totally not a Striking Scorpion Exarch.

fuzzbuket
08-29-2011, 12:26 AM
i like the aspect warrior , and the raven kit is quite cool too :)

Sildani
08-29-2011, 06:44 AM
So getting one of the totally not a Striking Scorpion Exarch.

She's very nice, a great sculpt which is nicely cast. My only quibble: compared to a current Scorpion, she's BIG. She's crouching, but almost as tall as a standing GW Striking Scorpion. As part of a squad, though, it won't be noticeable.

The extra arms fit beautifully, mostly. Watch out for the biting blade; its arms are molded to the hilt and the shoulders are a bit close together to fit onto the torso. Widening them will bend the hilt out of line, so be careful. Other than that, lovely mini, great female face, and chainsabres at last!

eldargal
08-29-2011, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the advice, if the worst happens and I don't like the scale or something I can use it as a statue on a Shrine of the Asuryata terrain piece I'm working on.:)

Pendragon38
08-29-2011, 06:59 AM
the stormraven add on is pretty cool, it makes it look better .

Lexington
08-29-2011, 07:10 AM
Impressive non-Exarch! Though I'd have trouble using it as an actual Exarch, since they're subsumed into their armor. Still, Eldar players, this is one to look for. :D

DrLove42
08-29-2011, 07:17 AM
I'm gonna buck a trend here and say I don't like the non-exarch. Appreciate a skilled piece of sculpting and painting, but it just doesn't work for me. Don't know why. Sorry

Also...the demo picture you've got above? Thats not legal in an eldar army....the exarch can't take 2 swords and the pistol built into the arm. Its a sword and pistol or 2 swords. I do appreciate that the arms are swappable though. Just saying!

Sildani
08-29-2011, 07:40 AM
Dr. Love: the chainsabres come with shuriken pistols built into the vambraces. That's what the model is armed with.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
08-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Impressive non-Exarch! Though I'd have trouble using it as an actual Exarch, since they're subsumed into their armor. Still, Eldar players, this is one to look for. :D
Some of the old designer's note for the current Eldar 'dex/models mentioned the idea of having helmet-less Exarch models which use ritual face-paint to get into the warrior-mindset, so this model could make sense under those terms.

chapterhousestudios
08-29-2011, 02:21 PM
Not much of a teaser, but I just finished the assembly instructions for the TRU-Scale Storm Raven kit.

Instructions (http://www.chapterhousestudios.com/stuff/TRU-Scale%20Storm%20Raven%20Instructions%20-%20Chapterhouse%20Studios%20LLC.pdf)

Happy Reading

Nick

gcsmith
08-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Nice work, But did I miss something you allowed to actually sell addons for GW kits and say thats what they are now?

I was a bit busy with exams so am behind the times

jorz192
08-29-2011, 05:33 PM
The storm raven extension kit makes it look more than half-decent!

eldargal
08-29-2011, 11:52 PM
Fairly sure that is only the case with Phoenix Lords that their body is lost. Exarchs retain the body of the latest 'victim' but their identities are merged.

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-30-2011, 12:11 AM
Exarch looks nice, itll be great as Eldargal's seven thousandth miniature.

The storm raven kit is great but it makes me laugh because it's basicly "fixing" what in it's normal form looks pretty hideous. I'm just amused a kit had to be fixed like thay regardless.

Please do some Hrud, or do I have to threaten to feed you to my pet shoggoth?

eldargal
08-30-2011, 12:22 AM
I think the standard stormraven looks kind of cute.

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-30-2011, 12:26 AM
I think the standard stormraven looks kind of cute.

I think that's kind of it's problem though, it looks more suited to Chibbi-marines.:p

eldargal
08-30-2011, 05:18 AM
That is a fair point. Hm Sons of Chibi SM Chapter.:rolleyes:

Psychosplodge
08-30-2011, 02:38 PM
Chibi-hawk for chibi-marines....