PDA

View Full Version : Ogre Kingdoms Are Ready for Advance Order!

Necron_Lord
08-26-2011, 06:50 PM
The Ogre Kingdoms stuff is on the GW website now, so you can order to your heart's content. All you scalpers out there, now is your opportunity to buy up all the magic cards so you can gouge the straglers! Club those baby seals, c'mon!

wittdooley
08-26-2011, 08:01 PM
I do not need another army. I do not need another army.....

Farseer Uthiliesh
08-26-2011, 11:20 PM
$160 for the Battalion. Let me get this correct: 16 plastic models costing, together, $160 AUS. I realise that they are all amazing models, and the range is incredible, but $10 a model is . . . ridiculous.

Slug
08-26-2011, 11:47 PM
Don't forget though, at least by games workshops count, that plus a hero or lord gives you a 1000 point army, so then $200-250 for a 1000 point army is not bad, add in another battalion and a few rares, $400 odd maybe less to get 2000 points is about standard if not a little cheaper than normal. It really does in a sense come down to how many dollars do you pay for each point, $1 for 4-5 points is a good deal, if everything were like that guard would be $10-12 box sets.

Farseer Uthiliesh
08-27-2011, 12:01 AM
Don't forget though, at least by games workshops count, that plus a hero or lord gives you a 1000 point army, so then $200-250 for a 1000 point army is not bad, add in another battalion and a few rares, $400 odd maybe less to get 2000 points is about standard if not a little cheaper than normal. It really does in a sense come down to how many dollars do you pay for each point, $1 for 4-5 points is a good deal, if everything were like that guard would be $10-12 box sets.

True.

Sorry for being a troll for a moment, everyone.

eldargal
08-27-2011, 02:35 AM
Oh my goodness, Jervis Johnson co-authored the book, now I have to buy despite not liking Ogres much.:rolleyes:

JervisJohnsonFanGal

I even like Standard Bearer.

Slug
08-27-2011, 03:40 PM
I even like Standard Bearer. :eek:

lobster-overlord
08-27-2011, 04:11 PM
Now, I let my leadbelcher accuracy take effect and shoot myself in the foot for having sold my Ogres last year... all3000 pts...

wittdooley
08-27-2011, 04:49 PM
$160 for the Battalion. Let me get this correct: 16 plastic models costing, together, $160 AUS. I realise that they are all amazing models, and the range is incredible, but $10 a model is . . . ridiculous.

Shoot. I'll buy you one at $105 on the US site and mail it to you marked gift so you don't have to pay customs. Sheesh, the Aussie $$ discrepancy is getting a bit ridiculous.

Farseer Uthiliesh
08-27-2011, 05:22 PM
Shoot. I'll buy you one at $105 on the US site and mail it to you marked gift so you don't have to pay customs. Sheesh, the Aussie $$ discrepancy is getting a bit ridiculous.

Thanks wittdooley, but I have no intention of building an OK army; love my Dark Elves too much ;)

Verilance
08-27-2011, 06:43 PM

It should be mentioned again and again everytime an Australian goes off his nut

As of July 1, 2011, The Federal minimum wage is $15.51 per hour or $589.30 per week

I make less than the Australian minimum wage if I can afford an army so can they

GW pricing is based on tidbits like this

Farseer Uthiliesh
08-27-2011, 07:12 PM
GW pricing is based on tidbits like this

At the risk of derailing the thread into another 'Australian pricing debate', I have to disagree. The Australian dollar has been strong before June 11, but we have been paying more than the US anyway.

We have to look at other factors, such as exorbitant costs of renting stores (believe me, they are insanely high in Australia) and shipping to my country. Hence, why things are so costly from the US. I honestly believe that GW should close its stores down to cut back on costs and drop prices, but that won't work with their hobby policies or the shareholders.

I make less than the Australian minimum wage if I can afford an army so can they

I wish people would try to understand how things are more expensive overall here before they make ill-informed comments like this. We pay more for food, rent, transport, etc etc. So just because it looks like our earnings are higher, we have less of a disposable income than most first world nations.

lost
08-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Selling my ogres on Ebay if ya want a good deal and il post to Australia lolz

just search - Massive Ogre Kingdoms Army GW Warhammer Rare oop WFB

wittdooley
08-28-2011, 04:52 PM
How much is gas per gallon?

Necron_Lord
08-28-2011, 05:53 PM

They use the metric system in Oz, so their petrol prices are by the litre. You'll have two conversions to do, but one, thankfully, is always constant.

njc2601
08-29-2011, 06:13 AM
Is it just me or are the prices for Greasus Goldtooth and Scragg (£36). Completely over the top when bearing in mind that you can got the Stonehorn for the same price and moldels like Black Dragon and Necropshinx are cheaper!!!

wittdooley
08-29-2011, 06:32 AM
To be very fair, Goldtooth is a MASSIVE model. It's very, very large. Other comparable Finecast models have been the same price. It is expensive, sure, but I don't think it's out of line with where it should be, if youre looking at the rest of the market pricing for a Resin miniature that large.

Lord Azaghul
08-29-2011, 07:02 AM
The Ogre Kingdoms stuff is on the GW website now, so you can order to your heart's content. All you scalpers out there, now is your opportunity to buy up all the magic cards so you can gouge the straglers! Club those baby seals, c'mon!

I have ordered to my hearts content: nothing!

Sorry couldn't resist. ;)

wittdooley
08-29-2011, 07:35 AM
Don't worry, Azzie; I'll take your share.

The idea of being able to get an entire Fantasy army painted, and clocking in at less than 100 models makes my boy parts happy.

I sincerely cannot wait for that Firebelly. I think the model is stunning.

Gotthammer
08-29-2011, 08:45 AM

$5 - $5.50 USD a gallon give or take around here now. It was getting up to around $7.50 a gallon in current exchange rates, though at the time it was closer to $10.

Sydney, where a fifth of the country lives, is ranked the 14th most expensive city in the world to live in (http://www.citymayors.com/features/cost_survey.html). The other five major population centres all come in the top 50 - the UK and USA both have one city ranked up there (London and NY - 18th and 32nd respectively).

Lord Azaghul
08-29-2011, 08:55 AM
Don't worry, Azzie; I'll take your share.

The idea of being able to get an entire Fantasy army painted, and clocking in at less than 100 models makes my boy parts happy.

I sincerely cannot wait for that Firebelly. I think the model is stunning.

Hey go nuts!

I did have a fully painted dwarf army at the end of 7th - I got excited for 8th - dunked them many of theml in 'simple green' so I could repaint them (they were my' learning to paint' army)...then we stopped playing fantasy!

In 7th my average model count was around 120 ish, slayers and hammerers are still painted, but all those dwarf warriors need painting up now! ...someday! :p

wittdooley
08-29-2011, 09:32 AM
I've just been staring into the face of both a Skaven and Empire army, and the task has simply been daunting. Skaven because of the numbers, Empire because of my desire to make each model unique in their dress.

Bring on some Ogres.