PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Chicken Walkers

Sitnam
09-07-2009, 02:15 AM
I was watching [I]Return of the Jedi[I] today, and I kinda wondered to myself: Out of the two AT-ST-esque walkers in 40k, which is superior? The Sentinel or the War Walker. Both have similar armor, can fill many of the same roles, can be deployed in Squadrons. I feel that War Walkers may have a bit more offensive potential (Two weapon systems vs one) over both versions of the sentinel. The War Walker also seems to be a bit more pricey because of this, especially for weapons like the bright lance and star cannon. The Sentinels however do have the benefit of either heavier armor or move through cover.

Model wise, I find both models to be aesthetically pleasing. It is quite interesting how GW took one concept for two races, and made two very different looking versions of that concept. The sentinel is industrial and rugged, while the war walker looks graceful and organic.

jeffersonian000
09-07-2009, 06:09 AM
Warhound. For the model and the rules.

SJ

Jwolf
09-07-2009, 07:59 AM
I'll move this to General Discussion soon.

Gotthammer
09-07-2009, 08:04 AM
Warhound. For the model and the rules.

SJ

Lol, very true :)

I voted Sentinel, for the model. I especially like the chainsaw/flamer combo backed by a pair of missile launchers as an anti-infantry screen for superheavies - somewhat effective but looks really good.

Xas
09-07-2009, 08:26 AM
sentinel because armored ones so whipe the floor with warwalkers :D

Sitnam
09-07-2009, 11:36 AM
I'll move this to General Discussion soon.

Sorry about that, wasnt quite positive on this threads place.

Old_Paladin
09-08-2009, 08:50 AM
I voted sentinal, for its looks.

I went for looks because the rules for both have a major weakness (namely FOC).
Both are compeating against other really good choices.
Sentinals are up against Valks and hellhounds. Walkers are against Wraithlords, Falcons and Prisms.

Drew da Destroya
09-08-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm gonna go with Killa Kanz!

But I do like the look of the Sentinal. And have bad memories of double-scatterlaser Warwalker squads destroying mob after mob of my 3rd edition codex boyz...

Farsight
09-08-2009, 05:18 PM
I haven't really seen ether in action but I prefer the look of the warwalker.

Sitnam
09-08-2009, 11:57 PM
I'm gonna go with Killa Kanz!

Oh I totally agree! I have 6 painted, 2 assembled in addition to 1 assembled Deffdread and 2 unassembled ones. I have quite a liking for the tin cans with claws. I just limited it to Sent's and WW's dude tot their general shape and appearance.