PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Tzeetch Help!

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
08-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Hey Bols!

Im tired of spanking my friends Chaos space marine Tzeentch themed army and I want to help him. I play wolves and Dark Eldar. So if you guys and gals can help me and him out on a army list I will dance at your wedding. I would do it but I dont have access to a codex and its been like ten years since I played with chaos. So do your worst I can take it I won like the last 7 games. 2000 points is good. please and thank you

:D:(:p:cool:

Anggul
08-26-2011, 05:02 AM
Could you give us a basic list of what he's currently using? That would give us a good idea of what's going on and then we could help much more easily.

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
08-26-2011, 11:14 AM
cant remember exactly but i think he runs with 3-4 squads of ksons w/ sorceror in rhinos , defiler , predator, vindicator, some termies and a demon prince or greater demon.
no matter if i take my wolves or dark eldar as soon as i get into assualt he folds.
we had one game with my dark eldar that was close but other than that i usually win by a decent margin.
im not trying to brag i just want him to play better lol.
I was jus wondering if anybody had any succesfull Thousand Sons Armylists or at least something that will help

I know he has another defiler, some Oblits, dreadnoght and just about everyother units in the dex

Anggul
08-28-2011, 12:35 PM
Well I'm thinking he's lacking in anti-transport. If he can pop your transports then it shouldn't be a problem for his Thousand Sons units to gun down infantry, especially against the Wolves where the AP3 bolters really come into play, and remember he can always fire at 24" due to Slow and Purposeful. That and the Defiler's battlecannon, which can be used to blow up tanks early on too, as it's ordnance.

Although everyone uses Obliterators, there's a reason for it, they can lay down a lot of firepower, a lascannon shot each is going to mean popping rhinos won't be too hard, and bringing down raiders will likely be pretty easy too.

A reaper autocannon on the termies would be good for transport-blasting too, and the predator too depending on it's loadout.

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
09-02-2011, 10:33 AM
I agree that it is a problem with his tactics and I want to write a list for him but once again I dont have access to a codex.
I know he has just about every unit available cause it used to be my army many moons ago.
So i was looking for someone with maybe a similiar army "Tzeentch themed" that had a somewhat succesfull list and some good tactics to go with it and then i could help him.
I normally would just help him personally but due to my crazy schedule it is like "hi Im here and lets play" and then i gotta go.
so please someone help me help him with a decent list and how it runs