PDA

View Full Version : 1250 Nids for Team Tourney

Psychofricker
08-20-2011, 11:01 AM
Just thought Id get some opinions on possible ways to make this more killy/fun. My team mate is going to be running a 1250 Tau list. The rules for list building are 1 HQ, 1-3 Troops, and then a maximum of 2 Fast, Heavy or Elites per army with a maximum of 3 of each slot per team. Since my team mate is running Tau, I wanted to emphasize the more up close nature of the Nids without taking up the Heavy slots needed for his Broadside units. He hasnt finalized his exact list so I dont have that to post here. Here's my list so far:

HQ:
Swarmlord 280
2x Hive Guard(Lash Whips) 130

Elites:
Doom of Malantai 90
Mycetic Spore 40

5x Ymgarl Genestealers 115

Troops:

15 Termagants(Devourers) 150

Tervigon(Catalyst, Toxin, Scything Talons) 180

15x Genestealers (Toxin) 255

Total: 1250 pts.
Open to any suggestions/ideas except for Harpies as I do not have the models and would rather not spend more money on this army.

lowdog
08-30-2011, 03:56 PM
I would drop the Ymgarl Genestealers and replace them with Hive Guard. Most games I've seen Hive Guard in they perform beautifully. I'd also drop the size of the Genestealer unit, at least if you're outflanking them. Most of the time I've seen them come in, tear up a unit or two, then get blown apart. I realize that the more bugs you have the more fire it'll take to do that, but at this level I think 8-10 would get the job done, and you could toss on a unit of Warriors or Hormagaunts.