PDA

View Full Version : Character Battle at local GW

The Madman
08-19-2011, 03:52 PM
So tomorrow at the local GW is a character battle, rules are that it can be any special character that can be taken alone (so no Telion for example). The current reigning champion is Captain Lysander which I assume is what the GW store staff member will be using, and from the other players I assume at least an Eldar and a Grey Knights character as well.

So I don’t usually take special characters so I have no models for my chaos marines, guard or SM, however I do make an exception to Tyranids as there not really characters more unique subspecies of other tyranid creatures.

So the models I have for characters are the Parasite, The Doom and Old One eye, out of the three I choose the Parasite.

Now my general tactic is to prey on the lower toughness characters, in a chance for them to fail their toughness test so I can get D6 ripper reinforcements and try and swarm the battlefield while avoiding heavy gun fire with the help of the wings.

In addition I wasn’t sure if deep striking was allowed so the “sarge is acting funny” rule could help kill some characters off (they are considered units right?)before they can do anything.

I’ll be bringing 18 ripper bases with me so I’ll have a decent amount.

I was gonna take the Doom initially but changed my mind as it could easily be killed by any close combat character.

So what you all think? Have I made the right choice?

Drunkencorgimaster
08-19-2011, 08:41 PM
I like it. Then again, I suck at the game. Still, seems like a clever idea. Perhaps my love of the Parasite has clouded my judgement.