PDA

View Full Version : Eldar 2000 point V.S. Tyranids

sephiroth0050
08-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Hi everyone

I was wondering if I could get some help. I play Eldar I have every model in the army, and my list for 2000 points usual doesn't change much. but I have a huge problem when it comes too nids. Does anyone know a list out there that is fairly effective, the guy I play usual has Gene stealers popping up everywhere and 2 pod one filled with 3 Zolanthropes, and the other with hormagunts. a Mawloc and/or trygon. Hivetyrant sometimes winged with a bunch of gargoyles or what ever there called and warriors.

My biggest problem is I just get overwhelmed he pops out of all sides and tears my units apart, my seer council usually does well but he just kinda ties them up or runs away. my scorpions do well for maybe 1 unit 2 if I'm lucky but with everything multi-wounds and/or poisoned they don't last long. If i put everything in transports I find with the high price of my units i take to little and the horde just runs all over me. if anyone has Ideas for a totally new list and a proper way to run I would be very thankful.

newtoncain
08-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Well eldrad makes Zoans make psyic tests on 3 dice. Scatter laser walkers w/ Fotrune and guide

sephiroth0050
08-19-2011, 06:02 PM
This is my normal list that I like to go with

Eldrad - 210

Prince Yerial-155

5 warlock- 125
Enhance-15
Conceal=15
Destructor-5

10 Dire Avengers-120
exarch-12
Extra Avenger Shuriken Catapult-5
Blade Storm-15
Wave Serpent-90
Spirt stones-10
Star Engines-15
Scatter lasers-25

10 WraithGuard-350
warlock-25
conceal-5
Spirtseer-6
Witchblade-3

10 WraithGuard-350
warlock-25
conceal-5
Spirtseer-6
Witchblade-3

10 Stiking Scorpions-160
exarch-12
Biting Blade-5
Stalker Shadow Strike-20

Wraithlord-90
Brightlance-40
EML-25

Support Weapons Battery-20
D-Cannon-30

Total 1997

sephiroth0050
08-19-2011, 06:08 PM
This is my normal list I use.

Eldrad - 210

Prince Yerial-155

5 warlock- 125
Enhance-15
Conceal=15
Destructor-5

10 Dire Avengers-120
exarch-12
Blade Storm-15
Wave Serpent-90
Spirt stones-10
Star Engines-15
Scatter lasers-25

10 WraithGuard-350
warlock-25
conceal-5
Spirtseer-6
Witchblade-3

10 WraithGuard-350
warlock-25
conceal-5
Spirtseer-6
Witchblade-3

10 Stiking Scorpions-160
exarch-12
Biting Blade-5
Stalker Shadow Strike-20

Wraithlord-90
Brightlance-40
EML-25

D-Cannon-30

Total 1997

davel
08-20-2011, 12:47 AM
have you tried reserving your own force? his army seems to use the reserve strategy, reserving on turn 2 will force him to either spread or clump. spread alows you to jump on somthing vunerable.
my mech eldar then try to spread through the hole. to make the bugs walk. pick em off as they do. If you have to set up first then an autach can make a difference. you can bring on a two thirds of your force where he can bring on half ( i know lictors can affect reserves but no one takes them). begining of turn 3 you should have a numbers advantage with further help arriving on a 3 plus.
clumping is easier to avoid but harder to take down, again my mech dar force him to walk and pick him off as I go.

accept that tabling him is highly unlikley. play the mission target threats, target mission e.g troops/ easy kill points

units that are good to use against stealers.
vyper. It can stay out of charge range while picking away at them. there is nothing they can do. you can even get in close to use shuriken catapults as long as you move 12 inches and place the vyper opposite side of objective/ your main force. So if they do charge they are moving in wrong direction.
dire advengers with blade storm can do nasty things to stealers, how ever they are troops which you need if one stealer survives it may start exacting revenge. so open up with them and have a unit or 2 on hand to finish off survivors.

units that are good to use against stealers
wraith guard in serpent. they have always had instant kill but finally nids have lost their immunity to it. remember it's if you roll a 6 to wound so my advice is soften up the big gribbly before you finish it wraith style.
rangers and path finders are good for softening but are static.

dave l

sephiroth0050
08-20-2011, 07:42 AM
I have never reserved my army before? I guess thats un idea. I tried to post my usual list on here yesterday but it has not shown up yet. Eldrad - 210

Prince Yerial-155

5 warlock- 125
Enhance-15
Conceal=15
Destructor-5

10 Dire Avengers-120
exarch-12
Blade Storm-15
Wave Serpent-90
Spirt stones-10
Star Engines-15
Scatter lasers-25

10 WraithGuard-350
warlock-25
conceal-5
Spirtseer-6
Witchblade-3

10 WraithGuard-350
warlock-25
conceal-5
Spirtseer-6
Witchblade-3

10 Stiking Scorpions-160
exarch-12
Biting Blade-5
Stalker Shadow Strike-20

Wraithlord-90
Brightlance-40
EML-25

D-Cannon-30

Total 1997

hopefully that will work but i usually run my wraithguard in 10 so I can use them as troop but that makes them impossible to transport. I am intrigued by the idea of reserving my army but i think that will mean I haft to change my list. its not fast enough the way it is now

Anggul
08-26-2011, 05:00 AM
You're paying 15pts for Conceal on your Warlock squad when you don't need it. They all have 4+ Invulnerable saves anyway. Oh and You've put Destructor at 5pts less than it is.

Also, Witchblades for your Wraithguard Warlocks don't cost points, perhaps you mean Singing Spears? If so, I wouldn't bother, the Wraithcannons will wreck vehicles easily enough anyway, save yourself the points and have the extra attack in close combat.

Scorpions are beautiful against 'nids, although you've put stalker+shadowstrike at 5pts lower than they are.

I'd swap the Wave Serpent's Scatter Lasers for Missile Launchers, for 5pts more you'll have a bit more anti-tank/Monstrous creature and you can take out infantry with it too.

Dropping a Wraithguard squad for a couple more Dire Avenger squads and whatever else would give you a lot more shots to waste the horde of 'nids.

The D-cannon seems a waste unless you're taking 2 or 3 of them, I'd drop it in favour of some more stuff. It's not very good against 'nids anyway.

As for reserving, remember that Yriel still have Master Strategist like an Autarch, so you can +1 to your reserves whenever you want, which will help with reserving your army.

Against genestealers, I tend to place a Fire Prism/Night Spinner as bait, let them assault it and maybe even lose a couple of guys in an explosion, then gun down the stealers. Before they turn up, the tank can do a nice job of blasting away at the enemy.

davel
08-26-2011, 01:56 PM
you may want to think on conceal
1 nids are not shooty and most of the guns on the nid you describe that can threaten your guard should be shooting at you tanks.
2 if you make the guard to protected the nid player may just ignore them completely and try taking out your council, guard can absorb huge amounts of shooting which the rest of your force can't take.

I take destructor, as it helps the wraith guard deal with large hordes.
there is a case for enhance as close combat protection, how ever my take is that you that you will still lose in the longer term unless you have a counter assault unit near by.

yariel is a good pick as long as he uses his abilities to cripple some thing that threatens you. he should be regarded as a suicide unit. he is either instant killed or makes it through unscathed. his template ability tends to be best option with nids as they have to pile in. most monsterous creatures will intant kill him. So ignore the fluff and soften up that gribbly first before yariel finishes him. he'll rewrite history later.

dave l

sephiroth0050
09-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the advice from both of you. I will make some changes and see where it goes.