PDA

View Full Version : 2k crowe list, going for best general.

blackjack
08-10-2011, 01:23 PM
How would this do agaisnt other top lists?

Crowe

5 Puriifers, 1 Master Crafted Psi Cannon, 1 Psi Cannon, 3 Halberds, Rhino w Dozer
5 Puriifers, 1 Master Crafted Psi Cannon, 1 Psi Cannon, 3 Halberds, Rhino w Dozer

5 Purifiers, 2 Psi Cannons, 2 Halberds, 1 Hammer, Razor w Psi ammo

Ven Dread, Assault Cannon, Twin Auto Cannon, Psi Ammo
Ven Dread, Assault Cannon, Twin Auto Cannon, Psi Ammo

Dread, 2 Twin Auto Cannons, Psi ammo
Dread, 2 Twin Auto Cannons, Psi ammo

Caldera02
08-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Emmmmm, you gotta love seeing all the purifiers in the known universe all in one list!

w7west
08-10-2011, 03:46 PM
If your rhinos can ignore ones and twos via fort does the embarked squad also ignore the results? If so I would say replace those razors with rhinos since you don't want to be dropping 5 man squads out in the open to get eaten up but you probably also want to shoot all of those psycannons you brought.

DarkLink
08-10-2011, 04:48 PM
If your rhinos can ignore ones and twos via fort does the embarked squad also ignore the results?

Yes. If a vehicle isn't stunned, then the embarked squad isn't.

Bard of Twilight
08-11-2011, 01:52 AM
I actually know sb (the owner of my local store) who played against a Wych-Cult army with this list and ... Well he wiped them out:D By the way Wyches were supposed to be GK great vulnerability...The list seems great to me ( I really love purifiers;)) .The only problem I can notice is that you provide to your enemies loads of kill-points in Annihilation scenario.

Gop
09-21-2011, 09:03 PM
What, no vindi assassin? ;) It looks quite a good list but maybe starting with squads of 10 with the option of combat squadding. That way if there is some mega threat 10 will be more survivable.

DarkLink
09-22-2011, 05:09 AM
Well he wiped them out:D By the way Wyches were supposed to be GK great vulnerability...

Hah, yeah, not at all. Webway Portals and beastmaster units with 12" charge ranges are the only things giving DE a fighting chance against a competent GK player. GKs will win every single shootout with DE they get into, and can probably shoot down most anything before it can get into CC. It takes a fast, nasty unit that doesn't rely on raiders to reliably get into CC. Wyches will probably never get there in one piece, and a 4+ invulnerable save is still just a 4+ save on a t3 model.

Denied
09-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Lots of dreads. I would personally drop on of the vens and fill up your regular dread Heavy slots and then use those points and find a couple of extra to make a Xenos Inquisitor Grenade Junkie so you have a really good Assault squad.

thecactusman17
09-22-2011, 10:04 PM
My wyches almost ALWAYS get into CC with enemy Grey Knights, but then I do kit out my Raiders in a way that not many people seem to think would work in order to do it.

Shootouts with GK aren't particularly great for DE, but they CAN be managed appropriately. Dismissing DE shooting is a bad idea unless they have almost none of it. DE shooting, like assaulting, is somethin that takes practice to make work right. Only a handful of units have automatically great shooting, but the army as a whole has very effective shooting and causes a lot of trouble in the shooting phase if used right.

Denied, there is nothing wrong with the Purifiers in assault in most scenarios, as long as they've had an opportunity to shoot or charge the unit they want to kill.