08-10-2011, 02:08 AM
Courtesy of jullevi on Warseer:
1x:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=115917&d=1312815017

2x:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=115918&d=1312815017

1x:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=115919&d=1312815017

Not the usual feast of optional accessories that we used to get, seems to be a trend since the Witchfate Tor. I suppose they figure they give enough Empire themed bits on the other scenery.

isotope99
08-10-2011, 03:40 AM
I don't know for sure but I think it's a different (cheaper?) process that doesn't permit as many components to be jammed in to the sprues so there's a difference between kits like the arcane fulcrums, SM statue etc. and the detailed ones like the planetstrike bastion and the wood which feel more like the regular kits and have a higher density of compenents which allows more options.

eldargal
08-10-2011, 03:43 AM
It is true there is a simpler process used for the fulcrums and whatnot, but jellevi says that the Garden of Morr is made with the other process used to make the more detailed terrain.

Wildeybeast
08-10-2011, 04:00 AM
They look pretty cool to me. Is it just me, or does anyone else think that with a couple of imperial eagles stuck on there, that would make for great 40k terrain too? I can't help but feel that is deliberate, given that its release coincides with SoB codex.

isotope99
08-10-2011, 04:34 AM
They look pretty cool to me. Is it just me, or does anyone else think that with a couple of imperial eagles stuck on there, that would make for great 40k terrain too? I can't help but feel that is deliberate, given that its release coincides with SoB codex.

Some parts I think work fine, such as the statue and mausoleums. The walls and gates don't quite feel right to me for 40K but each to their own and the Imperium has such a spread of worlds you can always find something that will fit. A densely populated hive world wouldn't have the room but a remote agri world would for example.

facelessone
08-10-2011, 07:25 AM
I like all the new kits GW has put out over the last 2 years,and this is another one.. Thanks Eldargirl you allways have good info...

Wildeybeast
08-10-2011, 08:25 AM
Some parts I think work fine, such as the statue and mausoleums. The walls and gates don't quite feel right to me for 40K but each to their own and the Imperium has such a spread of worlds you can always find something that will fit. A densely populated hive world wouldn't have the room but a remote agri world would for example.

I was thinking it would look really good as part of an SoB shrine world

eldargal
08-10-2011, 08:33 AM
Add some Fleur de Lys and Ecclesiastical I's and I don't see why not. You could add a futuristic touch to fence by adding some razor wire to the top or have razorwing fences filling gaps in the GoM fence as if it the fence had decayed or been destroyed and given a 'modern' replacement. Add a few more statues, such as a canoness or a Living Saint and whatnot too.

MaltonNecromancer
08-10-2011, 09:18 AM
Oh. I thought this was already out. I got one on Saturday. It's now an Imperial powerplant and I'm halfway through painting it...

eldargal
08-10-2011, 09:21 AM
It is out, but not everyone will have seen the sprues.:p Heck I haven't even opened mine yet, still working through a backlog of Dark Eldar.

wittdooley
08-10-2011, 10:15 AM
Well crap. This is out? Apparently I missed a lot while at GenCon.

MaltonNecromancer
08-10-2011, 10:27 AM
It is out, but not everyone will have seen the sprues.

Ah. Makes sense now.

Speaking as a 40K player with a deep, lifelong, and well-documented hatred for every single thing in fantasy (with the single exception of HBO's superb "Game of Thrones" series), I can confirm that despite this, the Garden of Morr kit is a lovely one, and looks really rather fetching with the big smokestacks from the Manufactorum kit poking out of it. The statue's a little too big to alter the sword to a Nemesis Force Blade, but dammit, I'm still going to try.