PDA

View Full Version : Finecast-New Release Link

Lucidum
08-09-2011, 10:22 AM
The title might be confusing here, but allow me to explain. As we all know, the first mass-release of Citadel Finecast miniatures replaced metal models with new resin ones, totalling close to a hundred models across all three main ranges. It's been proven that now every new army will receive characters and elite units (those, typically done in metal before) as finecast models. With the new release of finecast, you'll notice that Sisters of Battle, Necrons, and Ogre kingdoms recieved NO finecast models at all, hinting that they are to be the next three armies updated with new books and models. Most of you already knew this of course thanks to the healthy rumour mill that goes on here.

Now, rumour has it thata second wave of finecast models is coming down the pipe. It seems reasonable to believe that which armies get finecast models in this release may indicate what armies are coming after SoB, Necrons, and Ogres

Lockark
08-09-2011, 01:34 PM
The title might be confusing here, but allow me to explain. As we all know, the first mass-release of Citadel Finecast miniatures replaced metal models with new resin ones, totalling close to a hundred models across all three main ranges. It's been proven that now every new army will receive characters and elite units (those, typically done in metal before) as finecast models. With the new release of finecast, you'll notice that Sisters of Battle, Necrons, and Ogre kingdoms recieved NO finecast models at all, hinting that they are to be the next three armies updated with new books and models. Most of you already knew this of course thanks to the healthy rumour mill that goes on here.

Now, rumour has it thata second wave of finecast models is coming down the pipe. It seems reasonable to believe that which armies get finecast models in this release may indicate what armies are coming after SoB, Necrons, and Ogres

Rumor is Sisters will stay metal, So when other models go fine cast they can melt the old models down and cast them into new SoB. (As opposed to then sitting on a bunch of metal they now have to get rid of.)

Brass Scorpion
08-09-2011, 02:05 PM
GW is advertising Sisters Of Battle like crazy right now and all of the minis that were metal still are metal.

Finecast "waves"? GW is continuing to slowly release more existing models in Finecast every few weeks. A few more were released this past weekend. There aren't huge "waves" after the initial May 28 release, more like a small but steady stream.

Lancel
08-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Yeup, if the Sisters are the metal scrappers (this was more speculation on my part, and I even consider it vaguely conspiratorial) then they'll be about the last army to go to Finecast. Still nothing to suggest the Sisters aren't the metal scrappers, with their no-new-model release, a high amount of metal, and no Finecast re-releases in sight. Necrons and Ogre Kingdoms will likely get in Finecast with their new codex releases.

DrBored
08-09-2011, 10:53 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they started to recall metal models from other independent retailers to start melting into metal Sisters if the Sisters become at all popular. Heck, we still haven't seen the point costs, and if they're highly competitive, we all know that the tourney-cheese-WAAC'ers will eat them up fast.

Kawauso
08-10-2011, 01:08 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they started to recall metal models from other independent retailers to start melting into metal Sisters if the Sisters become at all popular. Heck, we still haven't seen the point costs, and if they're highly competitive, we all know that the tourney-cheese-WAAC'ers will eat them up fast.

I really doubt it, seeing as it will cost ~$80 per 10-woman squad, and in order for the Sisters' point cost to make them good, they'll have to be at least as cheap as they were in the past, if not cheaper.

Much more cost-effective to just stick with a GK build if you want an army that's competitive and doesn't cost a fortune...and they're pretty forgiving/easy to use, as well (not meant as a slight against GK players).

Gir
08-10-2011, 09:36 PM

Why recall models they've already sold?

Wildeybeast
08-11-2011, 04:11 AM
There is already a thread discussing the 2nd wave of finecast stuff and what is coming in it. http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=16509