“ “

Razorwing Jetfighter
Night shields
Flicker fields

thanks for any feedback you guys can give

thecactusman17
08-09-2011, 01:41 AM
Could we get unit sizes?

For 5 points less, you can replace the Archon with Duke Sliscus, who will be be identical except for the Phantasm grenades. In exchange, he will make your Wych units and one Warrior/Trueborn unit better. He will also give you a solid alternate deployment option in the event of awkward opponent setups like Daemons.

Also, Dark Lances with a Raider transport isn't too great an option unless they are also toting a blaster. Raiders are all about mobilizing your unit, you will save a few points by removing the Darklance. If you are short on blasters, a super-easy conversion is to clip off the extended barrel at the flare point, magnetize the ends if you want it as an option for later. If you look, you will see that all Darklight weapons have this same flarepoint, so this can allow you to make any darklight weapon a blaster.

I see two units of scourges, one with a heat lance and one with a haywire blaster. Suggest making those two of each, if you have two boxes then you should have the necessary parts. Will also free up 13 points for elsewhere in your list.

Razorwing is a good option and kitted well. Adding a splinter cannon can help you put a few more shots into that Ork or tyranid horde.

This list looks pretty similar to mine, except that the heavy and Troops selections have been altered to make room for two squads of Trueborn and the Scourges.

crazyzombie
08-09-2011, 02:04 AM
sorry the lack of unit size comes from me clipping from my army list which has points with size. example being 2x 20pts =40 total. Ill change that right now.

as for your suggestions im confused as what you mean by clipping the the dark lances off the the raider?
dark lances come standered on raiders so you don't get points for switching it for a disingrator.

duke is nice but I like the arcon for his phatasm grenade laucher and his raw combat ablity, but I'll think about your suggestion. Most of the rest will be addressed by me adding unit and weapon size.

newtoncain
08-09-2011, 02:21 AM
dump the blasters on the warriors and add splinter racks to their raiders. Gains you 10pts for somehting else (Grisly trophies for reroll on leadership checks?)

thecactusman17
08-09-2011, 02:36 AM
sorry the lack of unit size comes from me clipping from my army list which has points with size. example being 2x 20pts =40 total. Ill change that right now.

as for your suggestions im confused as what you mean by clipping the the dark lances off the the raider?
dark lances come standered on raiders so you don't get points for switching it for a disingrator.

duke is nice but I like the arcon for his phatasm grenade laucher and his raw combat ablity, but I'll think about your suggestion. Most of the rest will be addressed by me adding unit and weapon size.

Sorry, I meant clipping and magnetizing the end of the Dark Lance that comes with the Kabalite Warriors kit. You have a unit of them with a Dark Lance but they won't get much use out of it if you keep moving them. For 10 points less it's an easy conversion to make that Dark Lance a blaster.

As for the Archon, there is one other option: remove the Blast pistol. How many times have you fired it? How many times has it successfully killed a vehicle? You already have numerous darklight weapons dedicated to cracking open transports, that pistol is only rarely going to ever get any use and often it will risk putting units out of charge range, assuming it actually kills anything.

Also, combat drugs are a bad matchup with the Archon, especially since he is attached to a unit without them. Several of the results will be superfluous if you are only carrying an agonnizer, which doesn't even care about strength. And if you ever need that feel-no-pain, there is a very good chance that your model is already dead.

crazyzombie
08-09-2011, 11:33 AM
ah that makes more sense. The combat drugs on the archone really has a 1/2 of getting a truly useful result if your not counting the + 1 WS. Your right that the blast pistol rarely effective but I have found that it can blow things up when nothing else is able to. if I were to drop these points were would I put them? blasters are need on the warriors and I honestly think that if you have the points the racks are good, but not worth dropping something else. thanks for the idea though