Fast Attack

- Stormraven 205 points
Twin-linked assualt cannon
Twin-linked multi-melta
Teleport Homer 15 points
Psybolt 20 points

total : 240 points

Full total : 1993 points

So that my list, Kaldor, Mordak,the Ghost Knights, and the Tech marine are a single unit. The strike squad are with the storm raven. The Kaldor- Mordak unit and the Thawn Terminator unit will be in reserve. This was an idee that popped in my head, i'm quite new with the game, so plz be gentle :D

Denied
08-07-2011, 06:02 PM
HQ

- Lord Kaldor Draigo 275 points

So problem one right here. Why buy Draigo if you are not going to have Paladins? The main reason Draigo is worth the cost over a Grey Knight Grand Master is because you take a heavy Paladin load out known as Draigo-Wing.

- Grand Master Mordak 200 points

So here is problem two, using two Grand Masters is very redundant and unnecessary. They both fill the same role and uses up both of your pretty and rare HQ slots. You would be better off taking either an Inquisitor or a Librarian along with a Grand Master. I personally don't think any of the named Grand Masters are worth it (aside from Draigo in a Draigo-Wing build). I would stick with a regular Grand Master with a special load out (Rad, Blind, and Psykotroke Grenades). Then I would buy up a squad of terminators to accompany him.

- Ghost Knight x7 280 points
Nemesis force halberd x5
Deamon Hammer x2

Like I said buy regular Terminators this will allow you to have psycannons and a Brotherhood Banner (these both ROCK!)

Elites

- Tech Marine 90 points
Stormbolter 3 points
Nemesis force halberd 10 points
Blind grenades 5 points
Rad grenades 10 points
Psychotroke grenades 15 points

total : 133 points

again this becomes a redundancy if you have a Grand Master, I would drop him altogether he is not worth the point cost when you could put so many better things in your army.

- Vindicare Asassin 145 points

So ... so many problems with this guy, he is not worth it at all and never has been I try to explain to people how squishy and expensive he is and yet I still see people bring him to the table and I still blast him away without a care and enjoy my free kill point every time. You are better off using this slot for Purifiers if you want to bring them that is.

Troops

- Terminator Squad x10 400 points
Psycannon x 2 50 points
Nemesis force halberd x 6
Deamon Hammer x2
Brotherhood Banner 25 points
Psybolt 20 points
+Justicar Thawn 75 points

total : 570 points

Not bad, Thawn is interesting but if you have the points can be useful in a list. I am not inclined to use him though. I would also wait and see how many points you have lying around before buying Psybolt ammo, I find it difficult to afford Psybolt ammo in most squads because it is 20points I can often use elsewhere.

- Strike Squad 100 points
Psycannon 10 points
Nemesis force halberd x 4 20 points
Psybolt 20 points

total : 150 points

Okay, Strike Squads are good but not worth investing Halbreds in, the only unit not in terminator armor worth giving a halbred to is a purifier because their halbreds are cheap. Also I am not a fan of small units I prefer 10 man squads with 2 psycannons a single daemon hammer and then load them in a Rhino for transport.

Fast Attack

- Stormraven 205 points
Twin-linked assualt cannon
Twin-linked multi-melta
Teleport Homer 15 points
Psybolt 20 points

total : 240 points

Stormravens are nice, but they are expensive and not terribly durable. I usually dont use them, but if you do I would but the terminators NOT the strike squad in them.

The biggest thing you are missing from this list is Dreadnoughts (2xTwin-Linked Autocannons, Psybolt ammo) they are the bread and butter of almost EVERY Grey Knights list. They are cheap HIGHLY durable and very effective against a lot of things. Most Grey Knights players run with 2-3 of these so called Psyfileman Dreads.

Good luck and welcome to the game.