PDA

View Full Version : 875 point Grey Knights doubles tournament list

jessrn31
08-05-2011, 08:25 AM
Hi People,

I'm new to the forums but would welcome any feedback on the list below that I'm thinking if using in an upcoming doubles tournament.

1 x Inquisitor - Power armour, Psychotrope Grenades - 48 points
6 x Terminators - 6 Halberds, Brotherhood Banner - 255 points
1 x Storm Raven - TL Plasma Cannon, TL Multi Melta - 205 points
6 x Strike Squad - 1 Psycannon, 5 x swords - 130 points
1 x Razorback - TL Heavy bolter, Psybolt ammo - 50 points
1 x Dreadknight - Heavy incinerator and Great Sword - 185 points
Total = 873 points

Obviously, the main problem may be low model count and not too much long range anti-armour. However, the teminator unit, with the brotherhood banner and inquisitor with grenades in the Storm Raven should be devastating if they make it intact to the enemy.

Anyone, thoughts and comments greatly appreciated.

chicop76
08-05-2011, 09:13 AM
Hi People,

I'm new to the forums but would welcome any feedback on the list below that I'm thinking if using in an upcoming doubles tournament.

Total = 873 points

Obviously, the main problem may be low model count and not too much long range anti-armour. However, the teminator unit, with the brotherhood banner and inquisitor with grenades in the Storm Raven should be devastating if they make it intact to the enemy.

I would look again, but I don't think you can take a banner and a halberd, so it's one or the other.

I would drop the great sword on the Dreadknight because it's worth more at a lower point cost, and I'm not saying that the sword is bad, but I rather have 4 attacks instead of 3 base for 25 points less. WS 5 allows you to hit most units on 3s and you will wound most stuff on 2s. So 25 pts for re rolling to hit and wound only comes in handy against vehicles and a few units like t6 models with ws 5 or higher that's not a daemon. No one in their right mind would park a vehicle by the dreadknight so you'll find the sword in the average game will become a waste of points.

A psycannon on your terminators wouldn't be a bad ideal. The upgrade is still cheaper or at the same cost as a space marine assault cannon except yours is strength 7 instead of 6.

The inquisistor should rely on both rad and psychotroke, or just rad grenades. Psychotroke is to random andsome effects may be redundant and not useful like 1, 6, 3 against a 1 model daemon for example, yet in a game with my daemons with like 9 psychotroke rolls the grenades was hitting those 3 resaults every time basiacly making them a waste of points. With rad and hammerhand you're always wounding marines on 2s. I would take hammerhan and skulls on the inquisitor due to leadership 10 is better than anyone else in the list you have except your vehicles and dreadknight which can'tattach to squads, but the Inqusitor can.

If DarkLink pops up he will swear you need a rifledread because it's an auto include. Not saying he's wrong. I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if he has stock options in dreadnoughts.

DarkLink
08-05-2011, 02:07 PM
You need a psyrifle dread.

/jk

Seriously, at a small enough point level it's not as big of a deal. Psyrifle Dreads are a really efficient way of getting anti-tank into the list, but with so few points to spend I would worry about getting a core of bodies in first. Step two would be psyrifle dreads;).

chicop's right about the rad grenades, though. I feel there is never any reason not to take both. They're way too good and way too cheap. Combined with the small terminator squad, you've got a solid cc unit to build around. The storm raven is pretty good for putting pressure on your opponent as well.

I might consider trying to trade out the strike squad for 5 terminators with a psycannon. You'd have to drop a few points elsewhere, but you'd make your backup fire support unit a bit tougher.

Either way, let your partner bring bodies. That's not what GKs are good at, so focus on what they are good at, which is what your list does.

Bard of Twilight
08-06-2011, 08:24 AM
Even though your infantry can deal with most of the enemies in cc, I think you must include at least 1 Hammer in your Termies. So many high initiative, low strength attacks, are just inviting Dreadnoughts and Monstrous creatures. Especially a BA's Dread with Talons can wipe out your whole Terminator unit in one combat phase...

jessrn31
08-06-2011, 08:48 AM
OK. What if I replace the Dreadknight with a rifledread. This will save me 50 points.

With this I could give the inquisitor rad greandes, put a hammer and a psycannon in the terminators and give an extra 10 points to spend elsewhere.

The alternative would be to drop the Strike Squad and Razorback and use the 50 points saved above to get 5 terminators with one hammer and one psycannon. However, this would reduce body count to 1 inquisitor, 10 termies, 1 stormraven and 1 rifle dread.

Would either of these new lists be more viable?

Tynskel
08-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Hi People,

Total = 873 points

I like this list. At less than 1000 points, you have managed to fit a monsterous creature, stormraven, and terminators.

I am impressed.