PDA

View Full Version : Cosmic's gone yellow...

Cosmiccastaway
08-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Well I haven't posted in quite a while, don't even remember what my last topic was!

But lately I've been getting frustrated with the lack of proper Job and my life overall, so I needed a distraction. Armed with a shiny new paintbrush, a cheap old Airbrush and some revitalised painting....kung fu?....I decided to see to what sort of standard I could paint at if I really tried. So anyway here's the Imperial Fist Terminator...

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/Cosmic_Castaway2157/Space%20Marines/SAM_1804.jpg
http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/Cosmic_Castaway2157/Space%20Marines/SAM_1810.jpg

As you can see at the moment I've only done the leg, but just imagine the whole Marine painted like it :)

C&C appreciated,
Cosmic

SotonShades
08-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Looking good so far. Keep it up, and hopefully the rest will come out just as well :) loving the battle damaged yellow

fade_74
08-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Very nice! I can't wait to see it finished. The yellow is eye pleasing, not to bright. The leg symbol looks great with the yellow reflection. Subtle contrast on your shading. Highlights are not over the top. Battle damage looks good, not to much, not to little.

Meph
08-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Indeed, a splendid paint job. That's a very nice tone of yellow. I'm a fan.

ChrisA7X
08-02-2011, 05:41 PM
very nice man , am sure the finished model will look amazing :) are you starting an army ? or is it just for fun ? cause an army painted like that would be sweet haha

Emerald Rose Widow
08-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Love the detail on that leg, really stunning paint job. not a fan of yellow but overall i think the look is very good.

Cosmiccastaway
08-03-2011, 02:33 AM
Looking good so far. Keep it up, and hopefully the rest will come out just as well :) loving the battle damaged yellow

Thanks Shades, I hope so too!

Very nice! I can't wait to see it finished. The yellow is eye pleasing, not to bright. The leg symbol looks great with the yellow reflection. Subtle contrast on your shading. Highlights are not over the top. Battle damage looks good, not to much, not to little.

Sounds like you like him them :) , thanks for the feedback.

Indeed, a splendid paint job. That's a very nice tone of yellow. I'm a fan.

Cheers Meph, I wondered if it would have been too yellow, but I think I've toned it down nicely,

very nice man , am sure the finished model will look amazing :) are you starting an army ? or is it just for fun ? cause an army painted like that would be sweet haha

I don't know to be honest, I doubt I have the patience to do a whole army as I get very frustrated with Space Marines, I'm very picky about how I want them to look! So for the moment it's just for fun.

Love the detail on that leg, really stunning paint job. not a fan of yellow but overall i think the look is very good.

Thank you very much.

Small update, bad photo.

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/Cosmic_Castaway2157/Space%20Marines/SAM_1822.jpg

I missed a mould line on the TH, so I've had to go back over that since the photo was taken. He's almost there, hopefully he'll be completed by tonight.

Cosmic