PDA

View Full Version : Leaked Ogre pictures for the Leaked Ogre Picture God!

eldargal
08-01-2011, 05:29 AM
From OgreStronghold via overlordofnobodies on Warseer.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p127/nikephorusLB/GW%20stuff/163036991_og1_122_479lo.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p127/nikephorusLB/GW%20stuff/163072896_og2_122_250lo.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p127/nikephorusLB/GW%20stuff/163102510_og3_122_533lo.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p127/nikephorusLB/GW%20stuff/163136112_og4_122_99lo.jpg

eldargal
08-01-2011, 05:30 AM
Two more:
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p127/nikephorusLB/GW%20stuff/163168523_og5_122_194lo.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p127/nikephorusLB/GW%20stuff/163209810_og6_122_79lo.jpg

Only one picture is showing up for me, despite the cores all being correct.

DrLove42
08-01-2011, 05:41 AM
None of them are showing up.

Also putting a big NSFW here on the link you gave

I clicked the link and then clicked on the thumbnails to expand. It did but also opened one of those webcam sex chat site windows.

On a side note the models look good! And GW's new leak control is working as well as ever!

eldargal
08-01-2011, 05:44 AM
Bah, I'll get a friend to put them on his photo hosting thingamabob, give me a few minutes. I didn'tget any sex chat either.:(

eldargal
08-01-2011, 05:52 AM
Ok, pictures are up properly now.

isotope99
08-01-2011, 06:36 AM
Thanks.

Hmmm, I like the stonehorn and the scrap launcher, the rest look a bit weird in terms of the proportions.

There are some fun details in there though.

Emperorsmercy
08-01-2011, 07:01 AM
Love them. The dogs with the tusks look a little strange, but the monsters are very exciting.

Might even start an ogre army now... :D

Chuck777
08-01-2011, 07:33 AM
Looks like I will be starting an Ogre army...

So coooooool!!!!

energongoodie
08-01-2011, 07:39 AM
Fantasy is getting good.

eldargal
08-01-2011, 07:42 AM
It's always been good.:p Except for 7th edition... But yes, now WFB seems to getting more attention with bigger kits and whatnot, its good. Some people are whinging that they are making WFB like 40k with big plastic kits like tanks and such, but people will whinge about everything. In fact, they do whinge about everything. On Warseer.:rolleyes:

Lexington
08-01-2011, 08:29 AM
Not sure what the Big Beasties are actually called, but they're both fantastic, and the rest look very nice as well. The Ogres had the bad luck to be created during the Storm of Dull Ideas that was 6th/7th Edition, so it's nice to see them finally getting some character in their model range.

EDIT: I'm sure it's occurred to others, but that beast just screams "Baby's First Squiggoth" to my Ork brain.

Spy_Smasher
08-01-2011, 08:33 AM
You can really see the angular, cartoony Orc design aesthetic carried through here that seemed to be more subdued on the Tomb Kings. I love the creature designs but the ogres look very bad on their perches. Comically bad.

The sculpting seems to be up to GW's incredibly high standards for their modern releases.

AngelsofDeath
08-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Awesome! These are the kinds of models that would get me back into WHF. Thanks for the post

Is GW still doing away with the "black box"????? Would be nice to preview the codex before the release and see how it would will play. Might spike my interest more and help influence my pre-order.

Grabula
08-01-2011, 09:26 AM
woah, I think my pants are a little wet. I've loved Ogres since they came out, and only a year ago put them on the shelves after playing them for a very long time. I was really crossing my fingers for a solid face lift in the new book but holy crap! This stuff looks amazing!

Grailkeeper
08-01-2011, 09:42 AM
What do you think of the detail on the Cannon? Is it a looted Imperial cannon, or is it the story of how the ogres defeated the empire with it at some battle?

Legoklods
08-01-2011, 09:52 AM
those pics are like
PURE PONOGRAPHY:D

I am one of those who have been waiting years for this day to come and it looks glorious!

wittdooley
08-01-2011, 09:54 AM
Curious that the Cav model mounts look like the ba$tard children of a Rhinox and a Sabretusk... I don't dislike them, but I can't help but wonder why they didn't opt for Plastic Rhinox cav. Perhaps because the FW models look so pimp in the first place?

energongoodie
08-01-2011, 10:10 AM
It's always been good.:p :

I should have been clear that I meant the models. All this new stuff is looking awesome. It hasn't always.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1440484_99110207002_ColNagashMain_445x319.jpg

eldargal
08-01-2011, 10:12 AM
Funny you should mention that:

the story on the Nagash, model... is this;

It was my first big Multi-part mini I had ever attempted. and it certainly
went through many versions in sculpting. (In those days concept drawing
were very sketchy and I had very little input.) But only one version ever made it to the
moulds. However, there are two head versions the original head was based
on the design that i was given, a more Zombie looking type. And that was the one
that my design manager and I (at the time) prefered. But at that time all miniatures
had to be approved not only by the design studio, but also by the sales management.

This is where it came un-stuck! They did'nt like it, and prefered to have a Skull,...?
Much to my dislike. Now because of release dates and schedules I had one day to put it 'right'. So preffering the original I went ahead and made the alternative. Now, I never thought for one moment thought that they would approve the (laughing clown) skull and would revert back to the original.
The Joke back-fired. And to my horror it was approved and they released it!

Throughout my time at GW I know i made some sculpts that I was not that happy with.
But, Nagash has been the one model that Haunted me all through my time there.
(AND IT STILL DOES!)
And vowed that I would re-make before I left. However, that was never to be.

I am working on my own version but will prolly not see the light of day until next year. Stands approx 70mm tall and will be cast in around 20 parts.

Blood Bowl was my favorite game at GW. Shame they never wanted to push it further. I would have love to have seen a Necromunder version.

I wrote about it here (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/blog.php?b=471). Even had a nice thank you message from Mr Morley.

Morgan Darkstar
08-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Dear Bank Balance

I am so so sorry, i hope you will find it in your heart to forgive me
for what i am going to do to you.

My apologies

Someone who is going to be skint for the rest of the year.

Bibbums
08-01-2011, 10:39 AM
the models are awesome but the mammoth tusks or whatever it is look ridiculous.

Archon
08-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Uh - not that i was into ogre-kingdoms or will be but - this stonehorne-thing with the ogre armed with a bolthrower truly is very cool:cool: and the mammoth crew even got chicken:D

energongoodie
08-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Funny you should mention that:

I wrote about it here (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/blog.php?b=471). Even had a nice thank you message from Mr Morley.

Well that explains the head. But what about the rest of that abomination. Everything about it is bobbins but I fully agree he did some good stuff along with a lot of bad, enter norse blood bowl team.

I have always fancied a Brettonian army and I can only imagine how good a bunch of knights riding pegasus'/pegasi? would look designed and sculpted by the current guys.

bobrunnicles
08-01-2011, 12:08 PM
those pics are like
PURE PONOGRAPHY:D

I am one of those who have been waiting years for this day to come and it looks glorious!

+1 :)

Brass Scorpion
08-01-2011, 01:20 PM
those pics are like
PURE PONOGRAPHY Is "ponography" the graphic study of ponies? Or perhaps it's about "poning" one's opponent in a game.

Yeah the pictures show some pretty cool new models and I hope to get some myself, but that doesn't prevent a lot of whining about how bad they are by some. There's already an outcry about the mounted unit by a few disgruntled "fans". The complainers always post the most and the loudest.

fuzzbuket
08-01-2011, 02:46 PM
wow that stonetusk is amazing, im still confused about is it a statue with fur or a zombie :P but all those models are amazing!

-fuzz

bobrunnicles
08-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Can I just say I'm also very happy to see them abandon that dull grey flesh color and adopt a regular flesh tone? I was going to do that anyway for my own ogres but it's nice to see it in the official pics.

Deadlift
08-01-2011, 04:00 PM
The stonetusk thing and the mammoth look to be from the same kit, which is gonna leave lots of spares for kitbashing :).

Lamenter
08-01-2011, 04:31 PM
I have no interest in Ogres but I can see some awesome conversion potential in the big kits.

AngelsofDeath
08-01-2011, 04:39 PM
The stonetusk thing and the mammoth look to be from the same kit, which is gonna leave lots of spares for kitbashing :).

Yea, same as the Tomb Kings Warsphinx/ Necrosphinx kit. That 2 in one kit, lots of extra bitz thou :) .

Mr.Pickelz
08-01-2011, 11:29 PM
so if Orge kingdoms are getting new calvery units, which seems to be the new shtick, i wonder what their going to give dwarfs...;) and as for those tusk monsters, my dwarf lord would love a new mount

Caldera02
08-01-2011, 11:34 PM
I love how the wolfs look like plausible Thunderwolfs and they still don't have a model! ha

eldargal
08-01-2011, 11:47 PM
They're kitties, though, apparently, not doggies.

pauljc
08-02-2011, 01:55 AM
I know it's not polite to swear, but ho-ly ****!! :D

I was looking for a new WFB army to start...

Kirsten
08-02-2011, 01:57 AM
I didn'tget any sex chat either.:(

well that is no good at all ;)

Belial69
08-02-2011, 02:27 AM
Wow, methinks I shall be digging out my ogres and playing fantasy again!

Anggul
08-02-2011, 03:05 AM
What do you think of the detail on the Cannon? Is it a looted Imperial cannon, or is it the story of how the ogres defeated the empire with it at some battle?

It says cannon of the sky titans, so presumably a 'relic' from the conquered kingdom which they managed to not break.

Wildeybeast
08-02-2011, 04:44 AM
But yes, now WFB seems to getting more attention with bigger kits and whatnot, its good. Some people are whinging that they are making WFB like 40k with big plastic kits like tanks and such, but people will whinge about everything.

Fantasy needs more really awesome big kits like this. They mastered the art of doing really nice multi-part units a while ago, but the big stuff is an area that has really needed addressing, so it's great to see them fianlly doing it. Just so long as they don't go monster crazy for every army (I want to see some big crazy warmachines for Empire, and I really can't see dwarfs riding dragons into battle).

eldargal
08-02-2011, 04:55 AM
I think reviving the Empire War Wagon would be a good bet, updating it of course but keeping the concept.

Chronowraith
08-02-2011, 05:29 AM
An Empire War Wagon would see me breaking out my Empire again. I loved that thing!

Wildeybeast
08-02-2011, 05:35 AM
Yeah, that's what I had in mind, along with something shiny and new. Though I don't think Empire will be getting anything new any time soon, given that the army book is still pretty competitive and (with the exception of a few characters) the entire range is plastic.

wittdooley
08-02-2011, 07:16 AM
For those of us that don't know what it looks like, could you provide some linkage to the War Wagon?

Paintraina
08-02-2011, 07:33 AM
Witt,
Here is a link to the war wagon:

http://www.tanksandtrolls.co.uk/images/miniatures/empire/Imperial%20War%20Wagon%20(4)tn.jpg

I have to say I never really liked it. Cool concept, but it seems like you would just kill the horses and be done with it.

eldargal
08-02-2011, 07:36 AM
Armoured horses are quite hard to kill, but yes it would need an update. Horses in full plate without exposed legs, souped up chariot rules, make it a plastic double kit with a war altar option or something. Or give it a unit support role, like a cauldron of blood, so it joins a unit thus compensating for the horse vulnerability.

http://www.tanksandtrolls.co.uk/images/miniatures/empire/Imperial%20War%20Wagon%20%284%29.JPG

wittdooley
08-02-2011, 07:42 AM
Curious....I can't quite place it, but something that recently came out looks loads like it....oh wait:

http://images.frpgames.com/products/product_71527.jpg

Heh, obviously some differences, but strikingly similar.

eldargal
08-02-2011, 07:46 AM
Gasp! Derivative!:p It is actually a nice kit, pity it is metal. I have one as a counts-as-steamtank.

NonComPoop
08-02-2011, 08:17 AM
My guess is that the kitties are just a re-do of the sabre tusk. The old sabretusks were pretty stale models...they kinda reminded me of the dogs in Ardman animations movies like Chicken run.
I'm realy impressesed by the look of these new models. they have a real stone age asthetic that works for the ogres quite well
-trying to resist the urge to do an army of them.....to many projects

Warp
08-02-2011, 08:22 AM
Wow, those look absolutely awesome! Gotta say, I'm having a hard enough time to focus on my projects as it is!

dwez
08-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Armoured horses are quite hard to kill, but yes it would need an update. Horses in full plate without exposed legs, souped up chariot rules, make it a plastic double kit with a war altar option or something. Or give it a unit support role, like a cauldron of blood, so it joins a unit thus compensating for the horse vulnerability.

http://www.tanksandtrolls.co.uk/images/miniatures/empire/Imperial%20War%20Wagon%20%284%29.JPG

I made my own out of cardboard and balsa wood 50% larger than the original read about here (http://40kaddict.blogspot.com/2011/06/wfb-home-made-empire-war-wagon.html)

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-TVxBeWviwyQ/TXVigH0XU_I/AAAAAAAAAoI/1rTHLcbu5LE/s1600/wag1.jpg

Lady Fenris
08-02-2011, 09:42 AM
I'm loving those kitty cav and if I ever do the Khorne Kitten army I wanted to these guys would be perfect for that.

(kharn love kitten, kitten love kharn!)

wittdooley
08-02-2011, 10:56 AM
My guess is that the kitties are just a re-do of the sabre tusk. The old sabretusks were pretty stale models...they kinda reminded me of the dogs in Ardman animations movies like Chicken run.
I'm realy impressesed by the look of these new models. they have a real stone age asthetic that works for the ogres quite well
-trying to resist the urge to do an army of them.....to many projects

I think you're prob right about the sabretusks. They just look so different from the present models, what with all that bulky fur now.

Lindargo
08-02-2011, 03:30 PM
It would appear the Stonehorn and Yeti-like creature are the same kit :) very nice indeed!!

Looks like the new Ogre Kingdoms will be about huge crushing monsters :L

Also, the scraplauncher and giant cannon thing have the same animal/beast at the front, so i would assume they are also a dual kit.

-Lindargo

UltramarineFan
08-03-2011, 08:07 AM
I quite like the thing with the massive tusks, kinda like a mammoth.. dunno why that would mean I like the model but it does

AngelsofDeath
08-03-2011, 04:18 PM
so if Orge kingdoms are getting new calvery units, which seems to be the new shtick, i wonder what their going to give dwarfs...;) and as for those tusk monsters, my dwarf lord would love a new mount

The only thing Dwarfs mount are each other! No chance of a mount, they get carried around on shields if they are lucky. Wish you the best thou...:cool:

NonComPoop
08-04-2011, 08:24 AM
perhaps they'll give dwarves cave bear mounts like the sci-bor bear riding models

Legoklods
08-04-2011, 01:43 PM
The only thing Dwarfs mount are each other! :

Perfect, and true!:D

bobrunnicles
08-04-2011, 05:24 PM

It's also worth pointing out to those that claim it's unrealistic that it's actually based upon a real weapon - War Wagons strikingly similar to this one were use in the 1400s by Hussite forces rebelling in Bohemia. So it does have a real life precedent :)

ArmyC
08-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Absolutely awesome models there.

Fantastic.

gcsmith
08-06-2011, 07:35 AM
makes me look forward to brets stuff, tho probs might have half of our goodies end up in forgeworld

joescalise
08-08-2011, 03:50 PM
they need to bring back the war wagon, I loved it

Legoklods
08-13-2011, 02:47 PM
Look at what I've just found!

Legoklods
08-13-2011, 02:50 PM
Here's a bigger version of the first pic...

I have nearly no idear what any of is, though the fire dude is called a firebelly.
Heard that he's got a breathweapon of sorts and is a lvl 1 fire wizzard

The Madman
08-13-2011, 03:28 PM
Nice find!

i like the executioner looking ogre.

Legoklods
08-13-2011, 03:32 PM
Nice find!

i like the executioner looking ogre.

From what I've heard he's some kind of special dude with heroic killing blow.:rolleyes:

The Madman
08-13-2011, 03:53 PM
so i would say from left to right on yer first post;

new Tyrant, the special character with killing blow, fire belly, sabertooth cavalry member and Stonehorn rider.

Verilance
08-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Would the firebelly even be possible with metal? If not that model alone is why Finecast was worth it.

If I wasn't such OnG fan I might switch to Ogres

Thornblood
08-14-2011, 10:12 AM
My bets is the first three are special Characters as they don't have one fist painted red. So they are not part of the Studio's Ogre tribe

Do you recon that they are going to re-paint all the previous Ogre models again but in fleshy pink instead of the grey skin tone?

pauljc
08-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Holy crapola I love that Shaman mini! The fire-breath effect is masterfully sculpted.

Xenith
08-15-2011, 04:55 AM
Would the firebelly even be possible with metal? If not that model alone is why Finecast was worth it.

If I wasn't such OnG fan I might switch to Ogres

the jagged flames on the firebelly small like plastic to me :)

Mikeymodelman
08-20-2011, 02:03 PM
The backgrounds sort of look like Flintstones territory!

Mikeymodelman
08-24-2011, 01:45 PM
I picked up the Ogre batallion as suggested on BoLS the other day, the last one, and really like the new kits coming out. I have had a few Ogre models, but now it looks like I will dive in head first and make the large army!

Chaos Minion
08-26-2011, 02:21 PM
I'm really digging these ogres and will definitely be picking up most of the ogres models. Anyone know when the book comes up for preorder? Still seems to be the older book for sale.

quinn
08-26-2011, 03:11 PM
I read the September WD last night and it looks like the book will be available September 3rd..it says 'On Sale' as opposed to pre-order so I'm assuming we can order it this week at my FLGS and it will be in on Friday for sale Saturday. The army looks pretty good and from what I've gleaned about their rules, I think they will be pretty competitive.

Mikeymodelman
08-27-2011, 07:25 PM
Or, they could revamp this to use steam like the steam tank only bigger!

lost
08-29-2011, 10:05 AM
Selling my ogres on ebay, not that im not interested in the new models, they are very nice. its just that the hobby is dieing a horrible death.

just search for Massive Ogre Kingdoms Army GW Warhammer Rare oop WFB on ebay.