View Full Version : Path of the Seer extract

eldargal
07-31-2011, 09:49 AM
Just to counteract all the Space Marineyness:
http://www.blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/PDF/p/path-of-the-seer.pdf

I enjoyed it. Also, I (platonically) love Thirianna.:rolleyes:

Mr.Pickelz
07-31-2011, 11:03 AM
That extract was amazing, that little snipit gave some cool details of the infinity circuit, I'm definitely getting this book now. :D

GrenAcid
07-31-2011, 03:05 PM
Truly amazing, love that part with spaiders(I wish they will make book about this aspect) Ill definitely buy this book.

Why you love her?? It wasnt my fav in last book, tbh she was quite a b**ch imo.

eldargal
07-31-2011, 11:15 PM
She wasn't though, it was Korlandril who was an arrogant so and so, he got jealous, he was obnoxious to her and when he upset her she started crying and he thought she was trying to manipulate him. The whole book is about what an immature, obsessiv personality Korlandril is and how it gets him into trouble.;)

chromedog
07-31-2011, 11:38 PM
I thought it was how he took EVERYTHING too far (he had very little restraint) and thus how he was 'doooooomed' to become an exarch. He was an arrogant little **** though.

eldargal
07-31-2011, 11:49 PM
That is what I mean't by obsessive. :) If you read it carefully it is quite clear that she behaved quite normally, she was upset by Aradyan (sp?) leaving, she was worried about Korlandril and he acted like a complete ******* to her throughout. Then she starts crying and he sees this as manipulation rather than her being genuinely upset. Sadly all to common in real life too.:rolleyes:

Bibbums
08-01-2011, 10:31 AM
Truly amazing, love that part with spaiders(I wish they will make book about this aspect) Ill definitely buy this book.

Why you love her?? It wasnt my fav in last book, tbh she was quite a b**ch imo.

I agree grenacid, i swear she was manipulating aryadan and
the main guy the whole way through, and she genuinely cries because she knows she is now alone through her own actions. However, different people may interpret her differently. How about somebody asks the author?

eldargal
08-01-2011, 10:36 AM
If you actually look at what she says and does, rather than what Korlandril thinks she means by it, you get a very different picture. He is jealous, and it colours his perceptions. It is cleverly done in that it is told from the characters perspective so your instincts are to believe him.;) Very believable, because boys are really stupid with such things. They like you and all of a sudden you smile at an acquaintance and they think you are cheating on them even though you aren't in a relationship at all.:rolleyes:

GrenAcid
08-01-2011, 03:59 PM
If you actually look at what she says and does, rather than what Korlandril thinks she means by it, you get a very different picture. He is jealous, and it colours his perceptions. It is cleverly done in that it is told from the characters perspective so your instincts are to believe him.;) Very believable, because boys are really stupid with such things. They like you and all of a sudden you smile at an acquaintance and they think you are cheating on them even though you aren't in a relationship at all.:rolleyes:

Witch!! Stop messing with my head! She was evil, the boy was pure!:D

What you saying make some sence, but I think He was man with "all or non" personality....thus he set himself on road to doom. In this kind of things there is hardly one person to blame, she could handle this situation better.

SMC
08-02-2011, 03:45 AM
Damn...I saw PotS on the table at Games Day, but I wasn't sure if it was a pre-release so I didn't pick up a copy. Now I wish I had.

I haven't read PotW, but since seeing the cover of PotR its been on my To Read list.

I was still bitter about them only bringing 50 copies of Promethean Sun. Must have clouded my vision!

BigGrim
08-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Will pre-order now! Path of the Warrior was staggering! So good that it re-fired my imagination for Eldar, thus I started painting my Eldar again. Looking forward to this one, big time!

Count Fenring
08-02-2011, 11:07 AM
This looks to be a mighty fine addition to what I hope is a bright new direction for Eldar fluff!

GrenAcid
08-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Pardon my ignorance but is eldar fluff diffrent from what we get in PoW??

Drew da Destroya
08-07-2011, 01:17 PM
Not sure if this has been brought up previously or not, so I won't put it in it's own thread.

Was cruising BL.com today, and saw this:

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Warhammer-40000/coming-soon/path-of-the-renegade.html

Looks like a "Path of the" book focused on the Dark Eldar. Maybe focusing on Bechareth?

eldargal
08-14-2011, 10:08 AM
I've just noticed that Path of the Seer is available for pre-order on the GW website, might have been there for a while I'm not sure. Eight pounds, release date is the 20th of August.

DrLove42
08-18-2011, 05:33 AM
Out this weekend!

eldargal
08-19-2011, 07:08 AM
Hurray, my copy just shipped.