PDA

View Full Version : Reign in blood- Tournament Edition

Bard of Twilight
07-30-2011, 02:40 AM
I was planning in participating in a tournament with the following list,and i'ld like to hear any ideas in order to improve it , especially concerning the Wargear of my units.
Spectral Avengers( Blood Angels)
HQ: Gabriel Seth

Elites:Sanguinary Priest(Jump Pack, lightning claws)

Sanguinary Priest(Lightning Claws)

Troops: assault marines(7) (Power Weapon, Meltabombs , Meltagun) ridding a Land Raider Crusader with Multi melta and Extra Armour

assault marines(8) (power weapon, Meltabombs, Meltagun)

Death Company(4) (4 Jump Packs,4Power Weapons) and Lemartes

Death Company Dread with Blood Talons

Fast Attack: Baal Predator( Flamestorm Cannon, Heavy Flamers)

Heavy Support: Storm Raven( Lascannon , multimelta, extra armour)

1750 pts exactly.

Any ideas?

The army's fluff is that the remaining loyalists of Istvaan III , during Horus Heresy, fled to a Catacomb complex, where they found a Webway Gate. They established some sort of base in a Chaos corrupted planet, in the Eye of Terror,that they reached via the webway. From there they have hunted the forces of Darkness for millenia, and after countless years, they managed to Escape the Eye. although they remain true to the Emperor, they didn't emerged unscathed from the Eye. Their faith saved them from the Deamons of the Warp, but they no longer exist in the mortal realm. They are ghosts, spectres to arrive only to the direst battlefields, bringing retribution to the enemies of the Emperor. Among the Heretics, whispers speak of avenging spirits hunting their legions in the shadows; spirits sworn never to rest, till the last of their fallen brethren lies dead, and the honor of their former legions is restored...

How does it sound to you? :-)

Tynskel
07-30-2011, 08:27 AM
I like the list, but it may be worth your while to squeeze a chaplain into the crusader.

Dropping the jump packs on the death co 60points, and the lightning claws on the ground priest 30 gets you to 90. If you drop another claw, you are 105 (or drop both Melta bombs).. Gabriel Seth will love you for the re-rolls to hit.

Tynskel
07-30-2011, 08:29 AM
Also, because there is no Powerfist in the death company (or the list as a whole), I would make the dc furioso blood fists for the str10

Bard of Twilight
07-31-2011, 03:58 AM
I used to have 1 Power Fist in each squad, but since they have str5 due to Furious charge, I preferred them to launch attacks at I5. As far as vehicles are concerned, I think I have plenty anti-tank weapons, so I preferred the blood Talons. Do you think, I should drop the Meltabombs, in favor of a Fist in the death Company? The Dread with the Talons is a true butcher( once, I killed in a single turn 30 Boyz and 1 Weirdboy:D), so I;ll try to keep it. I'll try to fit a chaplain in the crusader...

Bard of Twilight
07-31-2011, 04:33 AM
By the way, I think death company is worth having Jetpacks, in order to launch assaults, and not be assaulted.

Bard of Twilight
08-19-2011, 05:58 AM
After some play testing I made the following list:

HQ: Reclusiarch ( infernus pistol)

Elites:Priest with Claw and Jump Pack

Priest with Claw

Troops:Assault Marines(7) (Power Fist,Meltagun) riding a Land raider Crussader with extra Armour and Multi-Melta

Assault Marines(8) (Fist, Meltagun)

Death Company(4)(4 Power Weapons,Jump Packs) and Lemartes

Death company Dreadnought with blood Talons

Fast Attack:Baal Predator with flamestorm Cannon,Heavy flamer sponsons and dozer blades

Heavy Support: Storm Raven (Multi-Melta,Lascannon,extra armour)

1750 pts sharp. What do you think? I want this list to be an all-comers list.Should I make any changes?