PDA

View Full Version : Knights of Blood Contemptor Dreadnought Done

Deadlift
07-26-2011, 04:04 PM
http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab3/joenortonjones/IMG_0006.jpg
http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab3/joenortonjones/IMG_0004-3.jpg

Ok done (I think I am happy with it). Pictures aren't great because of the lighting but I think you get the general idea.

Half and half paint scheme to represent the dreadnoughts origins in the blood angels before it was given to the Knights of Blood during its founding. Some transfers and some hand painted icons. Not quite up to some of the amazing painting I see on these forums but for me I am slowly getting more confident with each model and new ideas.

One thing to note is that mine came with an aquila and purity seals on the chest not shown on the model used in the picture on the FW site.

C and C welcome.

Emerald Rose Widow
07-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Not a fan of the shape of it all, but the skill with which you painted it is spot on, i do love the paint job.

faolan
07-26-2011, 10:30 PM
I love the dread, but I think your base lets it down.

Meph
07-26-2011, 11:14 PM
I like. It's good to see hazard stripes again on some big power fists! :D

energongoodie
07-27-2011, 01:34 AM
Nice.

fuzzbuket
07-27-2011, 02:21 AM
wow thats really cool he looks just like hes back from some long campaign :) the only problem is the legs are static but........

who cares! its a awsome dread with a amazing paintjob!

-fuzz

proeliator_legio
07-27-2011, 07:54 AM
looking good, cant wait to get mine and paint it up, damn post system bring me my stuff faster i need my 15h dread already lol

snikrot
07-27-2011, 12:33 PM
like the paint scheme but as mentioned before the pose is way too
static for my taste but that is just me.

Deadlift
07-27-2011, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the kind comments on the paint job, I agree about the pose not being great on the legs. Kinda rushed the build maybe in my over eagerness to get painting. Thinking about getting a second one and maybe going to paint it in a Death Company paint scheme, now I am more familiar with how it goes together. Will go for a much more aggressive pose ;)

ElTanko
07-30-2011, 12:13 AM
Oooh, Thad the first I have seen painted (except on the FW site!) and a great job, really like the colour scheme. As others have aside, not overly keen on the pose , but can't fault the painting!

ElTanko

marcus
07-30-2011, 06:27 AM
Im a big fan of this shape of dreadnought its far more realistic than the first/original dreadnoughts a more human like shape makes more sense to me in my opinion if you were badly injured and had to be placed in a machine then one as close to your original body shape would be far more acceptable, glad to see common sense creeping into the designs. I nearly forgot the paint job you have done does it credit not to much weathering that it looks like its about to fall apart any second and not too little, "goldilocks" good.:D i think i will do one of these my style real soon.

vman
08-01-2011, 04:30 AM
Looks awesome!

Cant wait, mine should be arriving any time now :D

vman
08-05-2011, 07:26 AM
So i just got my kit in the mail... also ordered 2 power fists and 1 lascannon.

And then I realised... The guys at FW release this kit with the shoulders as part of the body! Do you know how much of a pain in the a$$ it makes magnetising the arms. I can no longer build each arm and magnetise them from the shoulder. The design also makes it a bit difficult to come up with a nice system that allows interchangeable arms.

Besides that its a nice kit, but IMO its a big flaw. They dont sell other dreadnaughts like this, so why start now?

Firebird
08-05-2011, 08:11 AM
Are the legs posible?

vman
08-06-2011, 02:28 AM
Are the legs posible?

Yes fully.

The model comes with 4 feet, 2 shins, 2 knee covers, 2 upper leg pieces and a cod piece.