View Full Version : Garden of Morr, VC stuff, better pics of Zombie Dragon & beastie

eldargal
07-24-2011, 11:00 PM
From the Clapham Wargamers Guild website, via Gazak Blacktooth on Warseer.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=114946&d=1311539666
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=114945&d=1311539666
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=114949&d=1311539699
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=114948&d=1311539666

The Garen of Morr is magnficient, though i could do with Morr skuls.

Teehee.

eldargal
07-24-2011, 11:09 PM
Oh and a Tzeentch herald:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=114947&d=1311539666

UltramarineFan
07-25-2011, 01:28 AM
Well the wraith and banshees are vast improvements on the old ones in my opinion, really good looking :) and the zombie dragon looks reallyy nice :D

energongoodie
07-25-2011, 02:09 AM
Really nice.
A fantasy army is calling me ever closer. I never thought that would happen.

Wildeybeast
07-25-2011, 05:22 AM
Wow, really nice looking models. I thought GW was clamping down on leaks, but clearly they forgot to Cc their US division in on the memo :D

DAPHEEL
07-25-2011, 05:37 AM
Hey - Anybody notice the necron face for the wraith? On top of that , I'm getting me some zombie dragonage crawling across a mausoleum - make for a nice show piece mounted in a taxedermy case.

eldargal
07-25-2011, 05:41 AM
Well I'm not sure someone getting an early look at a WD is a leak really.

I did notice the Necron head, quite nifty.:)

I'm really tempted to make a graveyad themed table A few Gardens of Morr, WH chapels, areas of open graves counting as dangerous terrain, areas of gravestones counting as difficult terrain. Cobbled areas between the larger necropoli and mausoleums* in a high status quarter etc.

*Not necropoleums and mausoli as I originally typed.:rolleyes:

Wildeybeast
07-25-2011, 05:44 AM
If you make that, you have to post some pics, that sounds amazing. Expensive, but amazing.

isotope99
07-25-2011, 06:09 AM
The wraith and banshee look like more micro plastic kits, a good sign for the future.

Archon
07-25-2011, 11:47 AM
Nice Models there - even as a non WFB (or better ex-WFB) Player i have to say the graveyard is a nice terrain piece for a 40K table too. Also like the banshee (donīt know why, but i already have metal-version painted a big couple of years ago) und different looking version auf the zombiedragon. And yes the metalmask for the wraith is a nice detail. The tzeentichan herolds head is a little bit to big/clumsy - but afar from this, nice details on this mini too.

isotope99
07-25-2011, 12:16 PM
The tzeentch herald looks like he's doing a photo shoot for his new autobiography "changing my ways" - peace out :D

weeble1000
07-26-2011, 11:26 AM
While these models are certainly an improvement over the older VC models, I can't say that I like them very much.

The Tomb Kings models were fantastic, striking, and very interesting with a depth of detail. These models just don't do it for me. I even play Vampire Counts and I can't get excited about these models.

The Garnen of Morr looks cool, but it is a terrible piece of terrain to play with. It's much too crowded and busy to use on a table-top, especially with the large blocks of ranked units that 8th ed has encouraged.

The zombie dragon is certainly an improvement over the old version and I like that the aesthetic has gone away from the half knuckle guard on vampire swords, but the rider looks like an awkward cavalry conversion and not like a guy that is purposely sculpted to look like he's riding a dragon.

Compared to the many, many other fine examples of striking, dynamic ethereal undead models around, the cairn wraith just doesn't hold up. The model looks bulbous instead of menacing and awkward instead of insubstantial and deadly.

And what is a Terrorgheist? It's like some giant, undead bat dragon. The ghoul on top of it is pretty darn cool, but the head on that Terrorgheist looks goofy. I am not a fan, although knowing GW it will probably have some crazy-awesome rules. That would only make it conversion fodder for me.

wittdooley
07-26-2011, 12:35 PM
The Garnen of Morr looks cool, but it is a terrible piece of terrain to play with. It's much too crowded and busy to use on a table-top, especially with the large blocks of ranked units that 8th ed has encouraged.

I think the major selling point of that piece is the fact that it's entirely modular...

I personally think the wraith looks decidedly wraith-like. I think the "bulbous" nature of it (though I really don't think it looks bulbous) adds to the brooding sense of the model. To each his own, I suppose.

eldargal
07-26-2011, 11:31 PM
Yes every piece of the Garden can be used seperately, you can even see a small picture of the box art where it has it more spread out. The picture of them altogether is just to show it all ine one piece and indicate that it can be set up as one giant piece if you want it.

Xenith
07-27-2011, 05:16 AM
The Herald of Tzeentch is absolutely stunning, and may well be my first finecast model.

Brass Scorpion
07-27-2011, 09:42 AM
I had a look at the new White Dwarf yesterday. There are also new Finecast Chaos Icon Banner Packs coming. Some of the icons are the really cool ones straight out of existing plastic kits like the Bloodcrushers and Bloodletters, some are brand new icons and banners. Banners will be packaged by Chaos power.

isotope99
07-27-2011, 11:24 AM
About time, I understand why they reduced the bits ordering function a few years back but they went way too far. As a conversion focus hobbyist I've been getting stuff like this from online bits sites instead of GW.

Brass Scorpion
07-29-2011, 06:14 PM
A lot of this stuff is now available on the GW website for Advance Order:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat440004a&rootCatGameStyle=

eldargal
07-29-2011, 11:14 PM
Twenty five and a half pounds for the Garden of Morr, so reasonably priced I can hardly believe it. Might get a Banshee to make a statue for my Garden of Morr board (Garden of Moard) as well. I note Inquisitor Karamazof is in the WFB advance order section for Finecast.:rolleyes:

isotope99
07-30-2011, 12:22 AM
Twenty five and a half pounds for the Garden of Morr, so reasonably priced I can hardly believe it. Might get a Banshee to make a statue for my Garden of Morr board (Garden of Moard) as well. I note Inquisitor Karamazof is in the WFB advance order section for Finecast.:rolleyes:

You could have her emerging from one of the crypt doors, that would look good.

Hive Mind
07-30-2011, 09:36 PM
I'm the only one who thinks the Herald looks a bit 'Skaven-y'?