PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar Ard Boys

chicop76
07-24-2011, 09:31 PM
Dark Eldar Ard boys

This is my wish list for Ard boys. Sisters and Grey Knights kind of stoped me collecting Dark Eldar. I figured I'll give Ard boys a go.

240 pts Vect
200 pts Dias of Destruction
155 pts Archon: Shadow Field, Djjin-Blade, drugs, Agoniser, blast pistol

146 pts 3x Trueborn: 3x blasters, Venom: 2x Cannon

185 pts 10x Warriors: Blaster, Splinter cannon, Raider: Flickerfield
190 pts 8x Wyches, Hekatrix, Agoniser, Raider: Flickerfield
190 pts 8x Wyches, Hekatrix, Agoniser, Raider: Flickerfield

115 pts Ravager: Flickerfield

As you can see this is a 13 boat list, I would like to fit in 15 with the two Archon squads, but I think 13 is a solid list.

With 6 raiders, dias, 3 Ravagers that's 18 long range lance attacks with my warriors and true born providing 18 blaster shots and my Archon with a blast pistol for a total of 37 lance weapons, which 36 of them can have a threat range of 24- 30 inches away and still fire every thing.

On the poison side of the house I have 3 venoms with 36 shots and with 18" rapid fire threat range my warriors can dish out 88 poison shots or 8 more if standing still for a total of 132 poison shots max or 124 within 18" and if standing still at range 50 poison from 36" range.

I put Wyches in the list for some combat options. Honestly I'm thinking of droping the Archon for a Hamey and take two squads of Wracks, I think I need some flame love which the Wracks and Hamey would love to provide. For now I think my Wyches and Archons would be enough to deal with models in cover.

1 raider will be empty, because I will have to put 9 models in the dias and the Archon will join the other 9 man squad. I will have to debate whether to move the dias at 6", 12", or flat out. More then likely I probably will just sit back and shoot or at least stay within 18".

List 2 with 15 boats

Dark Eldar 2.5k 15 boat list

240 pts Vect
200 pts Dias of Destruction
140 pts Archon: Djin Blade, Drugs, Shadow, Agoniser
135 pts Court: 1 each, Raider
135 pts Court: 1 each, Raider

156 pts 9x Warriors: Blaster, Raider
175 pts 10x Warriors: Blaster, Cannon, Raider
175 pts 10x Warriors: Blaster, Cannon, Raider
120 pts 5x Warriors: Blaster, Raider

115 pts Ravager: Flicker

Lennysfury
07-24-2011, 10:44 PM
I like the whole list but 1 thing. The Dais...its overpriced, still easy to kill even with an armor 13, can move only move 6 to shoot all its darklances, and if it moves 12 it can only shoot 1, cant take a flickerfield or nightshield. i would drop it and take a beast squad. besides that i like the list, the main army that could do some damage is battlewagon orkz. If they roll good on the big mek cover saves and manage to drop a few raiders, not even wyches and vect can handle a squad of nobs. but if you can pop the tanks you should be fun. only other thing i would change is drop one blasterborn squad for some incubi. But that is just becuase i love them. Oh one more thing, i would at least try to get flickerfields on all the raiders and nightshields on the ravagers since they just sit back and shoot. even if that means dropping 1 of your raiders, in the end i think it would be worth it.

Caldera02
07-25-2011, 12:14 AM
Dias is poop. Don't bother with it. The hemmy's with wracks idea is good. That's what I run and flame templates are fun :) Don't bother with night shields on ravagers. Things that will hurt ravagers can still hit them.

chicop76
07-25-2011, 04:04 AM
With the dias I do feel like I'm paying 95 points for armour 13 and can only shoot 6" with all weapons, also slows down Vect which have to hope out and enter the empty vehicle whic would take two turns of play to do so.

I will work on list 1 a bit more and leave list 2 alons, because max vehicles without the Dias is 14 and with the Dias I can get 15.

With list 1 I'll drop wyches for wracks, add more blasters, drop dias, add ham, and either add elite wyches or harlequins, I just think the Incubi are a bit expensive to go with.

DrLove42
07-25-2011, 05:19 AM
Also the Dias needs 9 people plus Vect

So in your current list you can't actually use the Dias unless you out both Vect, the archon and a Wych unit in it...which you said is not your intention

chicop76
07-25-2011, 05:40 AM
Also the Dias needs 9 people plus Vect

So in your current list you can't actually use the Dias unless you out both Vect, the archon and a Wych unit in it...which you said is not your intention

That's why in both list I have 9 man squads to do so. I will have an empty boat on the field in both list. 8x +1 Hekatrix I should put down in list 1.

DrBored
07-29-2011, 11:21 PM
You could actually drop all the Warriors down to 5 with Blasters, drop the Dias, give the Trueborn Raiders to make up for the loss of the Dias, and then throw in some pretty beefy squads from the Fast Attack selection. You could do Scourges for the anti-infantry with a threat range of at least 30" with Shard Carbines, or you could do Beastmasters for their ridiculous close combat power and speed, or you could even do Reavers and enjoy a 3+ save as you bladevane some Long Fangs.