PDA

View Full Version : Space Marine at Comic-con!

DrLove42
07-23-2011, 07:28 AM
http://comic-con.gamespot.com/video/6324921/warhammer-40000-space-marine-comic-con-2011-demo?tag=top_stories%3Bimg%3B3

A good look at the in game single player...as well as details on the multiplayer

But why do they insist on having people who know nothing about Warhammer (literally at all-the guy talks like the tabletop game doesn't exist anymore) review these things?

Also he says co-op campaign can't be mentioned yet...pretty sure i've read elswhere that it is

Grailkeeper
07-23-2011, 08:18 AM
Seems very repetitive- Just jumping up and down over and over again.

SonicPara
07-23-2011, 10:06 AM
Seems very repetitive- Just jumping up and down over and over again.

Is an Assault Marine supposed to do something else with a Thunderhammer?

Drew da Destroya
07-23-2011, 11:37 AM
But why do they insist on having people who know nothing about Warhammer (literally at all-the guy talks like the tabletop game doesn't exist anymore) review these things?

Thanks for the link, man!

I guess to take a stab at answering your question, they are making and marketing the game to the general video gaming audience, the majority of which do not play 40k, and may not have even heard of it. To have an interviewer who doesn't know, and thus acts as a representative of that audience, is a smart move. It lets them couch the discussion in terms that will mean something to the greater audience.

As much as I'd love to see an interview full of "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD" and "For the God-Emperor!", references to feeling no pain, furiously charging, or even the Angry Marines, something like that wouldn't necessarily make sense to the 13 year old who's been playing Reach for a year, and won't be playing Gears 3 until the end of September. And that 13 year old is at least part of their target audience.

JMichael
07-26-2011, 12:07 AM
Blast! How did I forget to look for this. Ah, well I was too busy with Mass Effect 3 and the rest of the con!
Which, btw was great!

DrLove42
07-28-2011, 02:02 AM
The cinematic trailer is out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQqd7QzVqLk&feature=player_embedded

Is that Abaddon?

Game looks suitably epic though!

eldargal
07-28-2011, 04:53 AM
I was left feeling a bit indifferent by the trailer, not sure why. Getting a little sick of the Space Marine - Ork - Chaos Marine menage a trois, it being present in DW1 and II as well. Still I'm sure I'll buy the game eventually.:rolleyes: