90 Land Speeder: Typhoon missile launcher, heavy flamer

Heavy Support

140 Pt's Dreadnought: lascannon twin, missile launcher

blackarmchair
07-23-2011, 04:55 AM
Highly underwhelming...

Those Heavy Flamers have got to go, the Heavy Bolter is better as it has range. As it stands you have 6 units with any ranged firepower and 3 of them are AV10.

The issue with the list is that it doesn't threaten. Yes it has staying power (18 vehicles will do that) but it doesn't really shoot well (or much at all) and it doesn't assault well. You do have 3 furiosos but that only goes so far.

I like the concept but I think THE Blood Angel vehicle list is the AV13 spam (3x preds, 3x baal and all kinds of razorbacks).

chicop76
07-23-2011, 06:53 AM
Highly underwhelming...

Those Heavy Flamers have got to go, the Heavy Bolter is better as it has range. As it stands you have 6 units with any ranged firepower and 3 of them are AV10.

The issue with the list is that it doesn't threaten. Yes it has staying power (18 vehicles will do that) but it doesn't really shoot well (or much at all) and it doesn't assault well. You do have 3 furiosos but that only goes so far.

I like the concept but I think THE Blood Angel vehicle list is the AV13 spam (3x preds, 3x baal and all kinds of razorbacks).

I disagree. With every vehicle except the dreadnoughts moving at 12" the heavy flamer is just as effective. I played sisters with immolaters and they worked very well and in this list I can get an Immolater for 20 points. If I can"t flame on turn 1 I can flame on turn 2.

Half of my vehicles can take out other vehicles and enough heavy flamer templates fired upon a unit will almost kill anything.

If I was to drop a drop pod or two and added meltas to the assault squads it would be more threatening. Also enough assault marines can overwhelm most troops as well.

Shooting wise remember I have 3 meltas coming via drop in the list. My ranged shooting can still down other vehicles that's not a raider, also heavy flamers can easily deal with armour 10 as well.

Another thougt is to drop 3 troop razor backs freeing 60 points and giving them drop pods and with the 60 points I can add 6 meltas, 1 for each squad.

I changed up the list thanks to your suggestions. I learned Heavy Flamers is a nice option to burn troops out of cover. Also thaks to the libby and smoke. Can insure that most my vehicles will have a cover save.

Tynskel
07-23-2011, 08:24 AM
It would be worth dropping one squad to equip the marines with powerfists and flamers, plasma, and Melta.

chicop76
07-23-2011, 10:24 AM
It would be worth dropping one squad to equip the marines with powerfists and flamers, plasma, and Melta.

I already have 10 melta, lance, 3 twin lascannons, 9 missiles, 6 heavy flamers, 3 furioso, and 3 dreads, to cover most of the suggestions already, except plasma.

The ideal or concept behind the list is to field as many vehicles as possible. This list runs close to being a guard list and have many shooting elements. The only armies that would even give this list trouble are marine armies and I don't see me fairing bably against any other list. Even marines would have problems unless they field a mass of storm shield terminatos. I have enough weapons to kill a 10 man term squad rather easy or a few multi-wound monsterous creatures.

That being said normally I would take assault squads with a flamer, melta, and an inferno pistol with a fist or power weapon as the norm. The focus on this list is vehicles, so that means less toys and troop options.

blackarmchair
07-23-2011, 03:52 PM
I disagree. With every vehicle except the dreadnoughts moving at 12" the heavy flamer is just as effective. I played sisters with immolaters and they worked very well and in this list I can get an Immolater for 20 points. If I can"t flame on turn 1 I can flame on turn 2.

Half of my vehicles can take out other vehicles and enough heavy flamer templates fired upon a unit will almost kill anything.

If I was to drop a drop pod or two and added meltas to the assault squads it would be more threatening. Also enough assault marines can overwhelm most troops as well.

Shooting wise remember I have 3 meltas coming via drop in the list. My ranged shooting can still down other vehicles that's not a raider, also heavy flamers can easily deal with armour 10 as well.

Another thougt is to drop 3 troop razor backs freeing 60 points and giving them drop pods and with the 60 points I can add 6 meltas, 1 for each squad.

I changed up the list thanks to your suggestions. I learned Heavy Flamers is a nice option to burn troops out of cover. Also thaks to the libby and smoke. Can insure that most my vehicles will have a cover save.

It's not that I doubt in a heavy flamer's ability to do damage when properly applied. But Sisters run with LOTS of melta. I'm unsure as to how this list will open vehicles in the first place. Are the 5-man squads going to get out within 6" of enemy transports and attempt to melta? Are we relying on the land speeders and dreads to hit and pen perfectly and survive the entire game?

Too fragile for my tastes...but props if it works for you!