PDA

View Full Version : Scott Pilgrim

DarkLink
07-19-2011, 08:01 PM
So, anyone else think Scott Pilgrim (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_RrNCqCIPE) was an awesome movie? Or awesome graphic novels, for that matter.

justsam
07-19-2011, 08:06 PM
i enjoyed them both. i was actually quite impressed with the movie version, given that they had to compress so much material and still kept as close to the source as they did. excellent soundtrack, too...

wittdooley
07-19-2011, 10:03 PM
I always thought the chick playing Ramona Flowers was pretty, but I recently saw a pic of her doing some press for Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter, and hot damn. That is one fine looking woman.

Oh yeah, I enjoy the movie, as well :)

ankhcitizen
07-19-2011, 11:59 PM
Had a look at the graphic novel wasn't impressed , I understand the visual butthat didn't stop me from loathing it.
The movie however was spectacularand the casting was pefect! Cera who I hate as an actor shone like a star in that role, anyway the movie is something that I would label awesome, the graphic novels...not so much.

DrLove42
07-20-2011, 06:24 AM
Never read the novels, sure i Should

The movie however is one of my favourite ever

Also one of the only movie soundtracks i've evr bought

DarkLink
07-20-2011, 06:37 PM
The books are a bit different from the movie. The core plot's the same, and the jokes are in the same vein, but the characters are subtly different (though that's because they get a lot more screentime. Or pagetime. Whatever).

I thought it was cool to see where the movie ripped jokes off from the books, and when the movie actually improved on the stuff in the books.

The big difference, though, is the time frame. The movie covers about two weeks, based on Ramona's hair styles. The books, however, cover about a year of Scott and Ramona dating before Gideon comes along.

And the endings are different, as Volume 6 was written after the script of the movie. Both are really good, though. And the only reason I prefer the ending in the book is that you have time to get to know Ramona a bit better, and you can see she's struggling with the same issues Scott is. So the ending isn't just about Scott learning something and getting the girl, it's about both of them learning something and earning their happy ending.

Plus half of the evil ex fights are totally, totally different.