PDA

View Full Version : Playing favorites?

Toxik
07-19-2011, 02:35 AM
A few years ago (ok, more like 5 or 6 for me and I'm sure far further back for others) the local GW and some of the independents would run these amazing things know as Rogue Trader Tournaments. Now I'm sure everyone knows what these are, so I don't need to spend the time explaining what one is. I always loved these events, but sadly GW stopped running them as in store events. They decided to leave them the independents. A move that sort of killed them in my area, because the independents (in my area) took the fun and good natured aspects out of them and replaced them with power gamers and limburger flavored lists. But that's beside the point and not the topic here. What is though, is much more simple.

Every game played in the Rogue Trader had a different scenario. Some were simple, only using victory points and some of the special rules for the main rulebook.While others were a bit more... imaginative (these were my favorite) with rules for things like daemon worlds.

So the question I pose to all of you. What was/is your favorite Rogue Trader scenario? Why is it you favorite, what made it stick out to you?

Mine was one of the last ones I ever played, called Arch Rivals. It wasn't one of the craziest ones I've ever played, but at the time I was playing Space wolves, so it added an extra sense of story to the game for me. It was only really different from a normal game in one way. You had to move you general closer to the opponents general every turn, no matter what. So for me, being a space wolves player, it gave me something all Wolf Lords love to have. The chance to single out the enemy general, to hunt him down and slaughter him in single combat.
At the time I was trying to keep a record of all my Wolf Lords deeds. This scenario was was one of the last that particular Wolf Lord took part in, but it was also his bloodiest. So it gave me the closing to his saga. Mortally wounded by the end of the battle (down to 1 wound haha), but emerging victorious none the less. He was entombed within one of the chapters mighty dreadnaughts, so as to be able to pass down his knowledge and recount he saga to the young whelps that would call themselves Space Wolves.

I loved those type of games, hell, I still do. So please, share your favorites.