PDA

View Full Version : Global Campaign

UltramarineFan
07-16-2011, 12:34 PM
GW have done it. They're starting a new global campaign. It's gonna be based on the new storm of magic expansion.

Here's what they say in the newsletter;

'This summer, every Warhammer army will engage in an epic campaign of magic and mayhem. With the Winds of Magic causing havoc across the Warhammer world, the Scourge of the Storm global campaign will see which army ends up as the most dominant.
Scourge of the Storm is a global campaign based around the new Warhammer Expansion, Storm of Magic. You will be able to record the results of your Storm of Magic battles on our campaign page, and you'll also be able to see how your chosen faction is progressing, both around the world and in your own country. What's more, Games Workshop Hobby Centres will be conducting hundreds of battles, and any results you enter there will count for more.
So make sure head down to your local store this weekend and beyond to join in the epic conflict!'

Sounds like a step in the right direction for GW :)

Chronowraith
07-16-2011, 12:44 PM
It's already started.

https://www.games-workshop.com/stormofmagic/

Played my first battle and entered it in today. Honestly, I wouldn't put too much stock into the campaign... GW isn't even attempting any sort of verification for battles. You just enter the army you used, what army you played against, and whether you won/lost/drew.

Still, any excuse to play Fantasy is good enough for me.

Wildeybeast
07-16-2011, 03:18 PM
Yeah, I was thinking why not just enter my standard fantasy games into the system? Or for that matter just sit there for a couple of hours spamming the thing? I'm not going to, because that would be really unfair and take all the fun out of it, but you know that somebody will.....

lattd
07-17-2011, 08:21 AM
Well the current results kinda mess the internet i mean ogre kingdoms second dark/high elves doing poor and daemons drawing with dwarves, its as if the internet is wrong on what works in fantasy say it is not so.

Chronowraith
07-17-2011, 09:20 AM
As mentioned previously I wouldn't put too much stock into those results. There is no verification system for battles so people could literally just be spamming the GW site with battle results in favor of their favorite armies.

Honestly, I can see High Elves doing poor. A lot of new people jump straight into High Elves. We've seen a dramatic rise in the number of high elf armies at tournaments and yet.... I've never seen one place at any of the tournies. It's almost always Skaven, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, and Dark Elves.