PDA

View Full Version : How would you: Adeptus Arbites

charliemachina
07-14-2011, 06:03 PM
Your making an Army List for Adeptus Arbites (if your unsure what these are type Adeptus Arbites into the lexicanum site) you want it to be fluffy but also to be able to put up a half decent fight when it's put down on the table what would you use and how would you build your list.

For me it can only be Codex Imperial Guard with:

Sergeant Lukas Bastonne as a special character
Chimeras
Grenade launchers, flamers and meltas
Leman Russes with bulldozer blades
Armoured Sentinels
Cyber Mastifs counting as rough riders
Comisar lords for Judges
And lots of Veterans in Carapace armour with shotguns

cheers

Charlie

Paul
07-14-2011, 08:45 PM
Perhaps the new Grey Knights codex with Coteaz as head judge, a second Inquisitor as another judge, and troop units with tons of stormshield/powerweapon (suppression shield /shock maul) and shotgun/carapace armor dudes.

Chimeras as some transports, Rhinos w/ Dozer Blades as Repressors.

thecactusman17
07-14-2011, 08:50 PM
Perhaps the new Grey Knights codex with Coteaz as head judge, a second Inquisitor as another judge, and troop units with tons of stormshield/powerweapon (suppression shield /shock maul) and shotgun/carapace armor dudes.

This one. But instead of Rhinos as repressors, use the Land Raider Redeemer, the flamestorm cannon would be the hallmark weapon and you get that larger transport capacity.

charliemachina
07-15-2011, 12:42 AM

I like the idea of the Grey Knights Codex but i don't think there is a shotgun option anymore!

Love the idea of having Rhino's with dozerblades as repressors.

I like the idea of having Cyber Mastifs as Arco Flagellants.

cheers

Charlie

Jake-man
07-15-2011, 01:19 PM
u cant take shotguns but you do get hot shot las guns and bolters...
also you could use the acro flagelent rules for cyber mastifs... and the dreadknight would be pretty kl.... i was gonna do it... was make judge dread knight....

Shotgun Justice
07-21-2011, 12:46 PM
Option 1 - the old version is to use the allies rule from the printed edition of Codex Witchhunters with codex Imperial Guard, this allows Repressors to be used from the free Imperial Armour 2 pdf update. There's plenty of options here depending on which is used as the 'parent codex'.
Option 2 is just use codex witch hunters, not easy but has some fun stuff in it - the hard part is justifying the power armour and faith point if you take any Sororitas units, very tempting to unlock the Exorcist though.
Option 3 is as you've suggested just use the Codex Imperial Guard - Commissar lords, veterans, sentinels, leman russ's, rough riders, valks, hellhounds etc.
Codex Grey Knights is hard, Coteaz, bolter armed arbites, supression arbites, assaisns, death cult as 'detectives/ undercover operatives' stormraven if suitably modelled, but it leaves empty elite and heavy support options.

As someone who has pondered this issue since 3rd ed my best advice is come up with your own list, based on a particular codex but with a few other units cherry picked and thrown in. This is the best advice I can give when playing open minded strangers and friends. For other situations it's all about how you see the Arbites and which codex best suits them

I presume you've seen the Fly Lords Adeptus Arbites fan-dex? It's a lot of fun

Tynskel
07-21-2011, 05:56 PM
detectives under cover: just call them Blade Runners.

Anggul
07-22-2011, 07:56 AM
A friend and I have thought about this, as we came to pretty much the same conclusions that you have, although I really don't think cyber-mastifs are the equivalent of hunting lances.

Also:
Police helicopters are Valkyries (they actually make much, much more sense as helicopters as they can hover).

Arbite snipers are imperial guard veterans with sniper rifles, camo cloaks and carapace armour.

However, Arbite interceptors (A.K.A. bikers) don't have any counterpart in the Imperial Guard codex, rough riders are low-armoured combat units, not carapace-armoured gun-equipped bikers, so the best things for them are Space Marine scout bikers, but change the points costs as they lose 1 strength, 1 toughness and 'ATSKNF', and gain 1 BS.

Arbite shock teams are also a custom unit, as they're basically carapace armoured veterans like the others, but with 4+ invulnerable saves due to riot shields (they have force-field generators in them).

Fire support vehicles are Ork Wartrakks with BS4 and autocannons. (Just don't put orky stuff all over them and they look really good).