PDA

View Full Version : New Storm of Magic card set

Albavar
07-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Anyone have the new card set for Storm of Magic? How large is the box. I'm not really planning on doing anything with the expansion, but I've been trying to find a good way to protect all the cards I've got for my various armies.

wittdooley
07-11-2011, 12:08 PM
It's big enough to fit the base set of Warhammer Magic cards, and that's about it. The 64 cards it comes with are quite snug in their case.

Wildeybeast
07-11-2011, 03:11 PM
I'm assuming you mean the Beastmen, Tomb Kings etc magic cards? As the battle Magic deck comes in a handy cardboard case, whereas they just have a crappy bit of plastic covering. In which case, they would fit quite comfortably in there, but as wittdooley alluded to, you would have to take out the cards that are currently in there as there isn't really room for anymore.

Albavar
07-12-2011, 05:27 AM
Yeah. I have Orcs, Skaven, and Tomb Kings. My battle magic box also had a small tear which keeps catching the cards when I put them away. Good to know about the capacity. Is the box itself decent quality?

joescalise
07-12-2011, 06:09 AM
I have been trying to buy just the case on ebay or anywhere else, I have all the spell cards and this case is great to keep them together and safe

wittdooley
07-12-2011, 07:06 AM
Honestly, I'm really happy with the SoM case. I was actually considering buying another, ditching the cards, and storing my stuff in there.

Now, you could very easily just keep the lores that you use in the case, as long as it numbers under 64, but there is very little leway after that. For example, my Skaven Cards will not fit it on top of the initial set. It's a bit frustrating, as I thought the initial marketing of the product indicated there would be room for more. C'est la vie.

I actually would have paid up to $30 for a nice, faux leather case. Would have been nice if they'd have done that, but I image it would have taken a siginificant amout of time and resources that they simply felt weren't worth it. I may try to make one myself.

But yeah, the one that you can buy is nice and, IMO, worth it.

eldargal
07-12-2011, 07:53 AM
You don't need the whole SoM deck though, do you? I mean my Empire aren't going to need the Dark/High/etc cards so I can take them out and put the ones I will use in.

The plastic book is nice, anyone else thinking of painting it to resemble a real tome?

wittdooley
07-12-2011, 08:49 AM
Right with you there on the paint. Do you think the bending parts will make the paint peel away with time?

eldargal
07-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Yes, I wouldn't paint the bits that bend too much. In particular the strap, I fully expect it to break off eventually and I'll replace it with a scrap piece of leather or something.

Wildeybeast
07-12-2011, 10:28 AM
Albavar, if you look around on line, in sure you could find a nice quality container for standard playing cards that would do the job quite well, saving you the issue of buying a deck of warhammer cards you have no intent of using.

wittdooley
07-12-2011, 10:53 AM
:D This would be a great idea if the Warhammer Magic Cards weren't oversized :D