Vendetta: 130

Heavy Support

Hydra Squadron (3): hull heavy bolters 225

Battle Tank Squadron (2): hull lascannons 330

Demolisher Squadron (2): hull lascannons 360

Total

Vets and Demolishers maneuver in an armored spearhead formation toward main targets/objectives. Battle Tanks, Hydras, and Autocannon Teams (possibly with orders) provide heavy long range fire support. PCS and CCS defend the rear of the midfield units and the units in the backfield against deep strikers or outflankers. The Infantry Squads are used either as scoring upgrades for the Vendettas, or bubble wrap if against a heavy CC army. They can also sting if they get a rapid fire FRFSRF off. That's like 84 flashlight shots. The Vendettas can provide additional heavy fire support, or outflank and mess with objectives.

w7west
07-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Sounds expensive and therefore good

slobulous
07-11-2011, 12:55 PM
About $1200 including Forge World Vendetta and Hydra kits!

Chexmix282
07-11-2011, 09:52 PM
IMO, it needs more Autocannons and less Leman Russes. I would drop the LRBT's and exchange them for 2 Hydras. I would also drop one Hydra from the other squad, having 2 squads of 2. This gives you 255 points.

I would then add 3 Autocannon Heavy Weapon Teams @ 225 points. You then have 30 points to do whatever you want... I would swap the Grenade Launchers and Krak Grenades on the Platoon Command Squad for Plasmaguns to make up for the Marine-killing power lost by dropping the LRBT's.

You swap out 2 Battle Cannons for 22 S7 shots at 48" - 72"... seems better to me!

DarkLink
07-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Leman Russes are really, really good against GKs. Just sayin'.

Denied
07-12-2011, 08:53 AM
Leman Russes are really, really good against GKs. Just sayin'.

Or any Marine army for that matter.

Demolishers are beasts:Str 10 AP 2 Large Blast is vicious plus they are AV14 meaning they cant take a beating and keep on ticking.

Personally though I would try to get a Manticore or even two in that list because Manticores are game changers. I played an entire tournament where my Manticore dice were on fire almost every blast was on target and I think there were only 3 instances where I didn't get three warheads per shot. I ended up wining that tournament just because of the Manticore it destroyed armies left and right.

Str 10 AP2 Large blast, ordnance D3 barrage! That WILL destroy armies.

IMO, it needs more Autocannons and less Leman Russes. I would drop the LRBT's and exchange them for 2 Hydras. I would also drop one Hydra from the other squad, having 2 squads of 2. This gives you 255 points.

I would then add 3 Autocannon Heavy Weapon Teams @ 225 points. You then have 30 points to do whatever you want... I would swap the Grenade Launchers and Krak Grenades on the Platoon Command Squad for Plasmaguns to make up for the Marine-killing power lost by dropping the LRBT's.

You swap out 2 Battle Cannons for 22 S7 shots at 48" - 72"... seems better to me!

I would go with the Manticores over more Hydras, but keep the hydras you have they are vicious against other IG and Dark Eldar armies because they ignore the skimmer rule cover save.

I would also try to grab a second CCS squad with 4x Plasma. The extra orders you can issue with a second CCS can be nice.

Chexmix282
07-12-2011, 09:41 AM
Manticore rockets are AP4. They are good, but they are better at destroying mech than they are at destroying Marines.

Denied
07-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Manticore rockets are AP4. They are good, but they are better at destroying mech than they are at destroying Marines.

>_< I fail at the memory game , you are correct. The best thing about them though is ignoring cover saves so you can usually do some damage to those hunkered down troops that refuse to die and have poor armor saves :-P

Tynskel
07-12-2011, 08:15 PM
str 10 still does wonders against marines. d3 pieplates, if you get a direct hit on a the second or third pieplate, you get the place the pie plate any way you want, as long as the circle is touching the center plate. That's a lot of wound rolls.

As a side note, this is what makes a Griffon squadron awesome.

slobulous
07-12-2011, 10:15 PM
>_< I fail at the memory game , you are correct. The best thing about them though is ignoring cover saves so you can usually do some damage to those hunkered down troops that refuse to die and have poor armor saves :-P

The manticore doesn't ignore cover either. Are you sure you've used it before? I take the Russes over artillery any day for their sturdiness and they fit with my highly aggressive playstyle. Not a lot of armies can deal with 4 AV 14 tanks plus 12 other AV 12 vehicles while getting pounded by the amount of fire it puts out!

Denied
07-13-2011, 08:36 AM
The manticore doesn't ignore cover either.

Poor choice of words on my part they don't "ignore" cover saves your right, so a unit IN area terrain will have a cover save still. What I was trying to say is they are a barrage weapon so you can shoot at units hiding BEHIND buildings and the such. In this situation those units do not receive cover saves.

As stated before as well they are Str 10 so those pesky multiple wounds (no Eternal Warrior) models tend to crumple when they fail their saves. I have destroyed entire squads of terminators, bloodcrushers, and thunderwolf calvary with a single manticore volley. They are in my opinion an essential weapon in the IG arsenal. One shot can take out nearly 500 points of a enemies army if you are lucky, that IS powerful.

Tynskel
07-13-2011, 09:20 AM
yeah. Manticores are high priority targets!

Anything that can shoot multiple pie-plates at str10 no LOS is scary.