PDA

View Full Version : Two questions

WereWolf_nr
06-29-2011, 03:55 PM
Foreword:
I am new to Warmachine and I am still getting the various books and reading them and understanding all of the mechanics. I plan on using a line of warjacks supported by a choir (or two) and something to help repair any critical issues. I will, of course, refine my tactics as I get more experience at the game.

I know various factions have an engineer type unit that can repair warjacks; what is the Protectorate equivalent?

And are they worth it?

scrap square
06-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Yes, there something like engineer

1 point

All win

WereWolf_nr
06-29-2011, 04:22 PM
What is the unit called? So I can order some.

scrap square
06-29-2011, 04:43 PM
http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/the-protectorate-of-menoth/solos/protectorate-vassal-mechanik

scrap square
06-29-2011, 04:46 PM
What is the unit called? So I can order some.

http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/the-protectorate-of-menoth/solos/protectorate-vassal-mechanik

Kieranator K82
06-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Vassal Mechanik (solo)

scrap square
06-29-2011, 06:28 PM
wow wtf it wouldnt let me post

Kovnik Obama
06-29-2011, 07:41 PM
wow wtf it wouldnt let me post

Thats called 'failing' :p

back on topic...

And for 1 pts, they are 'worth it'. Weither or not they buy back that point will be entirely situationnal. Lots of jacks (heavy and light) go from 'withtout a scratch' to 'totalled' within a turn.

I guess it comes down to the points you have available. If you have a Reckoner or a Vanquisher in your list, it'll almost always be more profitable to bring one Vassal instead of 2 mechaniks.

WereWolf_nr
06-30-2011, 10:15 AM
If you have a Reckoner or a Vanquisher in your list
I do have some

it'll almost always be more profitable to bring one Vassal instead of 2 mechaniks.
I assume you are referring to the solo, Vassal of Menoth? I'll look it up when I get home.

Kovnik Obama
06-30-2011, 03:57 PM
I assume you are referring to the solo, Vassal of Menoth? I'll look it up when I get home.

Yes. Most of the time you bring it for the Ancillary Shot (he makes a jack do an immediate attack, regardless of RoF), but agaisnt a few lists, like anything like Drag where once your opponent hits you, he can make you move closer to his models, or when you want to stop an Alpha strike, Enliven is awesome.