PDA

View Full Version : Pig iron heads on Elysian Sentinel pilots?

George Labour
06-28-2011, 06:18 AM
SHORT VERSION: Do the Militia heads from Pig Iron's Kolony line fit onto the bodies of Elysian sentinel pilots? If not, should they serve well to replace the heads in the normal sentinel kit?

Good evening folks I have just a few quick questions to see if anyone can help me with this latest modeling query I have.

I am trying to build a drop troops list using my old (and sizable) collection of steel legion miniatures. So far I have all the infantry, missile teams, and valkyries I need. I've given up on finding an appropriate replacement for the tauros for now and am instead concentrating on drop sentinels.

Unfortunately I have hit a snag. As I don't want people to confuse these with armored sentinels (which are now represented with the closed or armored top add ons) I'm wanting to include the pilots. Plus I've found that the elysian sentinel from FW is only about four more dollars than a brand new sentinel kit. However I would like the pilot inside to at least look like he has similar equipment to my regular infantry.

So I'm eying the militia heads from Pig Iron Production's Kolony line. The rebel heads serverd me well on some cadian models I turned into roughriders and so I know they'll fit to those types of miniatures. However, does anyone have experience with Forgeworld elysians, and can you tell me if the Pig Iron heads will not look to out of place on the pilot's body?

Honestly, I've got parts to make the weapon options plus some old busted up sentinels I could repair so I don't NEED the FW sentinels, but then they'd not have the various extra bits the drop sentinel has that changes its appearance compared to its cousins. So...yeah.

Oh and if you're wondering why I don't use the rebel heads I've already used for my roughriders. It's because I plan to do more savlar chem dogs as normal infantry to back up my Vostroyan based mechanized company.

Heads in question: http://www.pig-iron-productions.com/hd2-kolony-militia-head-sprues-p-13.html

http://www.pig-iron-productions.com/hd10-kolony-militia-covered-helmet-head-sprues-p-19.html

slovak
06-28-2011, 09:07 AM
Not sure if they fit appropriately on Elysians or not, but if you PM me your address I'll send you one of the heads and you can see for yourself.

I bought a box of these heads but thought that they looked small and awkward on Cadian/Catachan bodies. I know that FW Elysians are considerably smaller so you might be in luck. . . the sculpts themselves are nice, so shoot me your info and you can see for yourself.

George Labour
06-28-2011, 01:07 PM
I already have about 20 of the rebel heads from Pig Iron, and they're the same size right? Because they seemed to fit the cadian torsos I uses just fine when making my rought riders, though obviously smaller than the cadians swollen craniums it wasn't to bad. Obviously they wouldn't work on the steroid freak catachans.

Didn't know that the Forg world models were smaller though, I had thought they were actually slightly larger than normal. 0.0

Guess what I should have done was take one of my current spare sentinel pilots and shove a pig iron head onto him to see how it fit first. XD Bleh, hindsight.

Thank you for the reply though. If anyone else has anything to add it'd be most appreciated. :)