PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect 3

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-26-2012, 06:47 AM
Oh lovely. God bless the internet.

Any spoilers about? I'd like to read it.

DrLove42
06-26-2012, 06:48 AM
I've been looking not found any yet.

I know the ending, so readinwhat happens in it isn't going to ruin it for me...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-26-2012, 06:55 AM
I don't know what happens, I'd like to though.

DrLove42
06-26-2012, 07:14 AM
Trawling the bioware forums. Infos a bit thin at this point. A lot of the rage seems to be at one of the new endings

SPOILERS - Apparantly you can now choose to "reject" the 3 coloured big bangs. Or you get the same ending if you are under the minimum readiness (didn't know that was actually ppossible). It also happens if you shoot the little kid in the Catalyst :P

This news ending EVERYONE DIES. The Reapers win, destroy everything and the game ends with a cutscene from the next cycle of life, with a hologram of Liara informing them in the same way the Protheans informed us

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-26-2012, 07:17 AM
Lol! :D

eldargal
06-26-2012, 07:19 AM
That is brilliant! Way to put the wind up the haters Bioware.:p I love Bioware.

I genuinely love that, really annoyed me when they cut teh 'Reapers win' ending from the game back in december.

DrLove42
06-26-2012, 07:20 AM
A lot of the rage is people saying "well we wanted an ending where we could reject them, but then win! Not guarentee a lose for rejecting them"

eldargal
06-26-2012, 07:21 AM
In other words 'Waah I wanted to win the war without bad things happening like they happen in war!'

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-26-2012, 07:23 AM
I wanted the Reapers to win, so that I could be finally rid of Ashley.

DrLove42
06-26-2012, 07:26 AM
New stuff;

- Apparantly Joker runs away because your love interest tells him to and take them all away. What?

- All 3 original endings are still there, and have an epilogue slideshow.

Destoy is apparantly the best ending
Synthesis is narrated by an AI Shepard, and is creepy and full of talk of immortality
Control is narrated by EDI and talks about rebuilding

eldargal
06-26-2012, 07:27 AM
Destroy has always been the best ending, been saying that for months.:cool:

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-26-2012, 07:30 AM
Lazor beams.

DrLove42
06-26-2012, 07:31 AM
Boom

Found one

Reject ending, on video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PThzItSAT5c

Hunting for the others....

EDIT - UPDATE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_788843&v=8fLEEHhnBgA&src_vid=PThzItSAT5c

Destroy ending

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-26-2012, 07:37 AM
*cannot watch youtube*

Awwwwwwhhh. I hate work.

eldargal
06-26-2012, 07:40 AM
Watched the reject video 'cos I won't be choosing that in game, very poignant.

DrLove42
06-26-2012, 07:42 AM
7:40 in Destroy ending.

KROGAN BABIES!

I've watched Destroy through now. Its definently a good ending. I don't see quite what all the whinging is about. It mgith not give much closure on characters, but it does give it on the rest of the universe

eldargal
06-26-2012, 07:52 AM
People are whining because they are arrogant, self centred over-entitled ar ses who couldn't differentiate what they wanted with what they were going to get so isntead of judging ME3 on its merits they judge it on some mythical ideal that was never going to happen. They say they wanted an ending which 'made sense' but really they just wanted another egocentric 'everyone lives happily ever after' fairy tale ending.

The Extended Cut was never going to change it, because when it boils down to it most RPG fans can't cope with mature, adult endings where things go pear shaped instead of ending perfectly just because you're the hero.

*deep breath*

I feel better for that.:rolleyes:

(obviously there were some legitimate plot holes which needed filling and I'm not saying the ending was handled that well, all this EC stuff should have been in the original cut to be honest)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-26-2012, 07:54 AM
People are whining because they are arrogant, self centred over-entitled ar ses who couldn't differentiate what they wanted with what they were going to get so isntead of judging ME3 on its merits they judge it on some mythical ideal that was never going to happen. They say they wanted an ending which 'made sense' but really they just wanted another egocentric 'everyone lives happily ever after' fairy tale ending.

The Extended Cut was never going to change it, because when it boils down to it most RPG fans can't cope with mature, adult endings where things go pear shaped instead of ending perfectly just because you're the hero.

*deep breath*

I feel better for that.:rolleyes:

(obviously there were some legitimate plot holes which needed filling and I'm not saying the ending was handled that well, all this EC stuff should have been in the original cut to be honest)

Your rants make me laugh. :p

eldargal
06-26-2012, 07:58 AM
You should hear them in real life, I can project my voice very well and make myself understood and considerable distances. When I rant the room I'm in stays ranted.;)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-26-2012, 08:01 AM
I'm far too calm, I never usually get worked up about anything. Well... except for last night/today.

And I would, if you'd let me. :p

eldargal
06-26-2012, 08:39 AM
Extended Cut for Pee See still a few hours away apparently.:(

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-26-2012, 08:42 AM
Poor you. I can't have it until I move into my new flat and when I get the internet established! :p

I would compare myself to Garrus, cool and collected, but can go all vendetta on your ***.

eldargal
06-26-2012, 09:17 AM
Lern2havemovedintoflatatatimebeforeBiowarechoosest oreleaseExtendedCut.:p

I'm definitely a Liara type. Smart and decorative, badass and sometime* b*tch.

*Ha, sometimes.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-26-2012, 09:23 AM
Lern2havemovedintoflatatatimebeforeBiowarechoosest oreleaseExtendedCut.:p
F'ing badass. :D
I should be in within a couple of weeks, then I'll have to go on PC games and terrorise you. Hah!

I'm definitely a Liara type. Smart and decorative, badass and sometime* b*tch.
*Ha, sometimes.

You aren't a b!tch. :p

Psychosplodge
06-26-2012, 09:27 AM
I distinctly remember the blue alien being a whiny touchy feely type... has three changed that much since one?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-26-2012, 09:34 AM
She became the biggest information broker ever. :D

Gotthammer
06-26-2012, 10:33 AM
Up on Origin for PC now.

lattd
06-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Still slightly disappointed with it tbh, i want to kill the reapers but not loose synthetics!

Gotthammer
06-26-2012, 01:42 PM
I really really liked it :D

Now sleep....

eldargal
06-27-2012, 12:41 AM
She badassed up a lot in ME2 and even more in 3.

I distinctly remember the blue alien being a whiny touchy feely type... has three changed that much since one?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-27-2012, 12:56 AM
Still not as cool as Garrus. :p

Psychosplodge
06-27-2012, 02:25 AM
She annoyed me that much in 1 I avoided her in 2 and still haven't played 3...

eldargal
06-27-2012, 02:25 AM
Nope, much cooler.:p Blue babies > calibrations.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-27-2012, 02:30 AM
Nope, much cooler.:p Blue babies > calibrations.

Blue babies? Do you want me to link LCB again?
You have xenophilia woman. :p

DrLove42
06-27-2012, 02:30 AM
Tali has always been my favouruite character.

Thane and Kasumi are up there are well. And I agree, Garrus is pretty good.

And having spent a lot of time as a Krogan in multiplayer, feeling a Grunt/Wrex playthough....

Psychosplodge
06-27-2012, 02:31 AM
See I just can't imagine humans and aliens having enough genetic compatibility to hybridise...

eldargal
06-27-2012, 02:50 AM
Asari use other species DNA to fertilise their own, producing genetically pure Asari. It's quite nifty actually, it would mean that if only a half dozen Asari survive the Reapers they could re-populate without any kind of attrition due to genetic mutation relatd to inbreeding.

Not that I think about Asari sexuality and genetics much or anything, I read it somwhere is all...

Tali is pretty nifty also. My brothers made me watch the scenes from Rannoch where they chose to support the Geth, soo heartwrenchingly sad.:(

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-27-2012, 02:56 AM
Tali is pretty nifty also. My brothers made me watch the scenes from Rannoch where they chose to support the Geth, soo heartwrenchingly sad.:(

My mates found that hilarious, I just turned and said "you find genocide funny?" and they laughed more.
Dicks.
See? I can care about something. :D

In other news, eldargal has the hots for blue chicks. :p

DrLove42
06-27-2012, 03:05 AM

Thats not really news....

Psychosplodge
06-27-2012, 03:08 AM

Thats not really news....

I thought that was what this thread was about?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-27-2012, 03:12 AM
eldargal's mass love of blue things, Garrus has blue facepaint - I'm surprised that you don't fancy him? :p

I'm being cheeky now, I will stop.

eldargal
06-27-2012, 03:16 AM
Me too! And sometimes news about Mass Effect.

I thought that was what this thread was about?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-27-2012, 03:19 AM
Asari seem kinda squishy to me.
Saying that, Liara was my love interest throughout the entire series.

DrLove42
06-27-2012, 03:32 AM
Fans (and by fans i mean the obsessive PC players with way too much time on their hands who pore through line sof code to look for hidden content) have found hidden content in the extended ending DLC.

Apparantly it relates to "Leviathon", and includes loads of new dialogue and text. New DLC?

Psychosplodge
06-27-2012, 03:36 AM
Of course, what you expect from EA?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-27-2012, 03:36 AM
Oooh! Nice.

DrLove42
06-27-2012, 03:40 AM
Most important thing is it might be single player DLC!

Having seen the ending on youtube, i don't feel the desire to go back. New single player DLC might though

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-27-2012, 03:50 AM
Poor Doctor.
Don't worry, I lost my faith in Bioware months ago. (even before ME3!)

DrLove42
06-27-2012, 03:53 AM
I regard Bioware with a little more care than I used to.

They didn't make KOTOR3...instead made an MMO.
Dragon Age 1 - 2....sucked BALLS.

The ME3 ending isn't satisfying. Even with the extended stuff. Your choices seem to just boil down to nothing

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-27-2012, 03:57 AM
Quick, make all of the decisions! Something may happen. :p

DrLove42
06-27-2012, 04:10 AM
Its just things like (spoilers...but for ME3, which is old now)

Saving the Rachni queen. That should be a huge thing. In the end it offers another choice, which either gets you 50 readiness points or not

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-27-2012, 04:12 AM
I can get 50 readiness points from scanning a planet. :D
Ultimately none of your choices mattered, either fight and die, or blow everything up and die.

eldargal
06-27-2012, 05:16 AM
Kotor 2 was terrible, and SWTOR is fantastic.:p Also Dragon Age 2 had a fantastic story it was just let down by a few silly things slike repetitive environment and an overly simplistic combat system. The DLC was extremely good.

See, the choices do shape the ending, I'm really not sure what people expected with this one. Everything was going towards the crucible and winning war. I'm not saying the three endings were satisfactory after we were promised more variety, but I'm just not sure how people expected that every variable of the past two games was going to turn into some major story development.

I disagree that your choices boil down to nothing, the ramifications of each different choice are huge and how you get to that point still has many, many different variables. The problem is we never had anything 'ril now to show the difference between forcibly hybridising all life in the galaxy or destroying the reapers or whatever.

I have three playthroughs all with the Destroy ending and they are all considerably different. In one Kelly Chambers is dead, in another she is alive in another missing. Dozens of little things like that.:)

We still got more variety than ME1 and 2 as well:

ME1: Kill Saren.
ME2: Destroy Collectot Base/Save Collector Base
ME3: Destroy/Control/Synthesis.

DrLove42
06-27-2012, 05:22 AM
True. It just feels like big decisions seem to only have little effects.

KOTOR 2 was a better control system, but KOTOR 1 was a better game. During the Summer gaming drought i might revisit it...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-27-2012, 05:29 AM

Yeah, but it's just a re-hash of the same ending! Also, I feel disappointed that there isn't a comedic ending.
The funniest ending that I'm hearing is that the Reapers win and all is futile. :p

I enjoy futility.

Psychosplodge
06-27-2012, 05:47 AM

You may have, but I don't remember them trying to sell either of them on "every action effects the outcome"

TBH fallout vegas seems to have a larger selection of endings (http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_endings) *spoilers*

And they didn't sell it on the endings...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-27-2012, 05:50 AM
War... War never changes. - best tagline ever.

Also, Saren was too busy trying to FIND TEH CON-DOO-IT. That line always makes me chuckle. :p

eldargal
06-27-2012, 05:52 AM
The choices in ME1 & 2 were always a selling point, as they were in 3. As I said the choices so affect the ending (ME3) just not necessarily the outcome of the war with the Reapers except indirectly through teh Crucible.:)

You may have, but I don't remember them trying to sell either of them on "every action effects the outcome"

TBH fallout vegas seems to have a larger selection of endings (http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_endings) *spoilers*

And they didn't sell it on the endings...

Well, ****. Finally get time to play the EC and ME3 won't start at all, quite a few other people having the same issue in BW Social. Edit: Fixed it /smug.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-27-2012, 05:59 AM
Woah! Saren does a LOT of voices! Including Baird! Awesome.

Psychosplodge
06-27-2012, 06:05 AM
Voice actors do **** loads of work cause its poorly paid and there might be months between jobs, so they do everything!!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-27-2012, 06:06 AM
That's a shame, I have an epic voice.

Gotthammer
06-27-2012, 08:49 AM
Apparantly it relates to "Leviathon", and includes loads of new dialogue and text. New DLC?

That's the name of a games con/tourney here in Sydney, but probably more likely to be related to the the Leviathan of Dis that indoctrinated half the Batarians.

eldargal
06-27-2012, 01:20 PM
I just finished a Destroy playthrough with the EC, very happy with it. Still a horrible teaser at the end though, I do wonder if they will leave it that way or if there will be DLC set after the events of the main game.

I can't help but think that if Bioware had just done this EC as the original ending ME3 wouldn't be tainted with all the fuss people have made. Then again, it remained the best selling video game for over a month after the hissy fit began so maybe the impact is overemphasised.:rolleyes:

Thanks to the EC my official ME hierarchy goes ME3 > ME2 > ME, changes from ME2 > ME3 > ME. Also, krogan babies are adorable but still no blue babies.:(

Had the worst bout of multiplayer earlier though, tried Quarian infiltrator and half my shots would go through what I was shooting atwithout registering a kill or assist.:( The other half would miss becase someone would lob a grenade or do a biotic charge. I still hate the reactor map.

Edit: Oh sod I've started crying again, stupid emotionally involving ending.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-29-2012, 06:16 PM
Edit: Oh sod I've started crying again, stupid emotionally involving ending.

D'aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhh! *hug*

eldargal
07-02-2012, 01:41 AM
Hehe, I just noticed a store on the Citadel called 'This One's Intimate Apparel'. Hope that is for lingerie designed by hanar not for hanar.:rolleyes:

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-02-2012, 01:44 AM
This is my FAVOURITE STORE ON THE CITADEL.

eldargal
07-02-2012, 08:51 AM
Bioware confirm what happens to Shepard at the end of the Destroy ending (spoiler obviously):here (http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/12758618#12758842).

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-02-2012, 08:57 AM
I hate work. Why can I not see news?!

DrLove42
07-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Thats all pretty cool.

Gotthammer
07-02-2012, 09:10 AM
Here it is TDA, just highlight below to read:

One of the goals for the Extended Cut, as part of addressing player feedback, was to provide more time with the love interest, and more opportunity for players to say goodbye to them and provide additional moments of connection between them. We did this in several ways:

Shepard can now actually say goodbye to the love interest when they are split up at the conduit run.

When Shepard sees flashbacks of important characters during the final decision, the flashbacks are now variable based on your playthrough – so your love interest can appear as one of the flashbacks, providing another moment of reflection between Shepard and that character.

A memorial scene was added, partly to show a close bond between Shepard and the love interest. The scene is variable, and if Shepard has a love interest in a given playthrough, it will be that character who places Shepard’s name on the memorial wall.

You may notice that in the “Shepard lives” ending, the love interest hesitates to place Shepard’s name on the wall, and instead looks up as though deep in thought. This is meant to suggest that the love interest is not ready to believe Shepard is dead, and the final scene reveals they are correct. As the Normandy lifts off, there is hope that the love interest and Shepard will again be together.

I did a quick writeup on my blog about the ending (http://collegiatitanica.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/mass-effect-3-extended-cut.html), and the video at the end contains some scenes, including a condensed version of that last point above.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Here it is TDA, just highlight below to read:

Thank you Gotthammer, you legend. :D

eldargal
07-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Highlight for spoilerific discussion:

There is now a lot of speculation that Destroy will be the canon ending (it makes sense, in my opinion it was the only moral choice in a game whose themes were about free will an the dichotomy between organic and synthetic life) which means we could see post-ending DLC. I'm not so sure about this part, the Arrival was post ending in ME2 from memory but it didn't invalidate anyones ending choice. Maybe they will have a choice, play it before the ending for synthesis/control, after for Destroy? Seems a bit farfetched.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Ahhhh! Interesting.

I would like Shepard to be alive.

Gotthammer
07-02-2012, 09:29 AM
-

They've been pretty consistant on no post-ending DLC, so I doubt that even with the Ex-Cut they'd go back on that. Which is fine by me as from the destroy/survive ending I can headcanon whatever I want now ;)

As a slight tangent I heard a hilarious argument for chosing refuse - they wouldn't comit genocide on the Geth, so didn't take any of the options as that would be like agreeing with the Reapers (when really all the Catalyst does is explain how to use your weapon more fully and give you more choice). So they refuse and thus instead of their choice killing one race, it kills them all.
Yup, good going there.

Note: They chose in the knowledge that a conventional victory over the reapers would be doomed to failure.

Oh, and I bought the Liara statue, a bunch of patches and an N7 hoodie - so yeah, you could say that Mass Effect is redeemed for me.

eldargal
07-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Agreed. Though I could see it becoming the Canon ending for any future games set in the ME universe, like the MMO everyone seems to expect.:rolleyes: Actually give me a ME MMO where I can import my playthroughs to get my Shepard on posters/statues and I'd be all over it.

Psychosplodge
07-02-2012, 09:35 AM
Two slight problems with that,

1. the MMO market is in decline hence the thq problems with the 40k one

2. everyone can't be shephard...

DrLove42
07-02-2012, 09:35 AM
ME2 DLC was post endgame....but the endgame choice had no effect on it (destroy or save the collectors base AND featured no team mates, so any who had died didn't screw it up.

DLC in ME3 couldn't do this. In 2 endings Shepard is dead. In the 3rd hes (shes) away somewhere. The universe is also radically different depending on what you chose.

Short of DLC as a new character, which could then be affected by the ending decisions (they can be helped by survivors, could meet Shep) its not feasable

eldargal
07-02-2012, 09:37 AM
1) the monthly subscription MMO is in decline. F2P is growing.
2) Obviously, I meant import your Shepards face to be the Shepard for your character(s). So I'm an Asari running about looking pretty and killing things, I see a big commemorative poster of Shepard and it looks like my Shepard.

Two slight problems with that,

1. the MMO market is in decline hence the thq problems with the 40k one

2. everyone can't be shephard...

Psychosplodge
07-02-2012, 09:41 AM
True, i just can't imagine EA and F2P....
When you look at it that way it might work, but why not just start a new character for this story arc? surly they aren't going to let you start with all your skills anyway...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-02-2012, 09:41 AM
I'd like an ME MMO, that'd be cool.
I'd obviously be a Turian.

eldargal
07-03-2012, 04:39 AM
Bioware have said they are looking at F2p for SW:TOR possibly down the track when they think the monthly sub model is really past its viability, and they have also said the yhave minimal input from EA. So I wouldn't rule out a F2P ME MMO at some point in the future, though it might not start F2P. Of course any Mass Effect MMO is purely speculative at this point. Personally I think another single player game with a new character but able to import ME1-3 characters (like Dragon Age 2) with a small variance in story as a result would be nice.

The chap that filed the false advertising claims with the FTC says he is happy with the Extended Cut (http://www.shacknews.com/article/74597/ftc-complainant-calls-mass-effect-3-ending-complete), which is nice. I thought it was a huge overreaction but if we start getting people like him who ended up wit ha fairly high profile amongst the 'haters' hopefully some more of them might re-think their attitude/stfu now.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-03-2012, 04:42 AM
I was a hater I'll admit, then I had a mourning period, and I got over it.
Then I watched all of the extended cut endings, flipped the table and said "Why didn't they release this in the first place?!? This is awesome and answers all of my questions!"

Psychosplodge
07-03-2012, 04:47 AM
No I'm still bitter as only having played ME1 for the first time recently I feel extra betrayed...

grrr

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-03-2012, 04:54 AM
It's in your name Psycho. :p

Psychosplodge
07-03-2012, 04:56 AM
lol

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-03-2012, 05:02 AM
Rawrlrwarlwrawr!

eldargal
07-04-2012, 08:10 AM
Bah, multiplayer has been hell today. Thirteen games attempted, two finished. Random disconnects, severe clipping problems, huge lag, it hasn't been this bad since early March.:mad: Had a great one where I got to wave 10, had more damage done than the other 3 combined, had three gold achievement things and then I got disconnected before I could get exp and credits. I, a level 6 Asari vanguard out dpsed a level 20 vanguard and I couldn't get rewarded for it.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-04-2012, 08:12 AM
I hate lag. :/

Look on the bright side, I'll be joining you in a couple of weeks to kick ***. :D

eldargal
07-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Well it took like 6 hours instead of the usual 90 minutes but I managed to complete my daily goal of buying a Premium Spectre Pack.:rolleyes:

Managed to get a screenshot of Firebase Hydra while my Asari Vanguard (Tiara L'Soni) was clearly under the influence of some kind of illegal drug. Which made her fall through the floor and fly through the roog and continually be incapacitated and revived:
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p127/nikephorusLB/AsariNarcotics.jpg

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Gods! I think I might be on drugs seeing that pic. O_O

Gotthammer
07-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Red sand is a helluva drug.

Someone should call Conrad and get him to bust up the servers.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-05-2012, 12:59 AM
Kurze? Or Von Carstein?

eldargal
07-05-2012, 01:17 AM
Neither, Verner (http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Conrad_Verner). A real badass...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-05-2012, 01:18 AM
Oh. That guy....

Gotthammer
07-05-2012, 05:15 AM
Of course Verner, for he knows what it means to be truely extreme.

eldargal
07-05-2012, 05:36 AM
Yep, he's a man on the edge, with nothing to lose.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-05-2012, 05:40 AM
Not as on edge as Adam Jensen.

Psychosplodge
07-05-2012, 05:44 AM
The edge of what?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-05-2012, 05:47 AM
If it's sanity then I'm way over the line.

Psychosplodge
07-05-2012, 05:52 AM
You're so past the line, the line's a dot to you...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-05-2012, 05:53 AM
What's that? I can't see it anywhere....

eldargal
07-05-2012, 06:29 AM
It's probably got tactical cloak, look for the shimmer and shoot it with an assault rifle.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-05-2012, 06:39 AM
"the line" has a tactical cloak! xD
Almost like some kind of tactical genius......

....CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!

eldargal
07-05-2012, 08:15 AM
Speaking of tactical cloak, best ever heroic moment in a MP match earlier. The other three team members were down, the map was swarming with cerberus. Ran away from an atlas, entered a room. The room contained two Phantoms. Squealed, cloaked, blew their heads off in two perfectly positioned headshots, went on to clear the map and survive three more waves to leave with a full extraction.

The moral of the story: Quarian Infiltrators are almost as fun as biotic charge spamming Asari Vanguards.:cool:

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Nice! I still want to be a Turian. >_<

The last online moment that I had was chucking a Tac Knife over a building and getting the match winning kill. :p

eldargal
07-05-2012, 08:41 AM
I think I've unlocked all the Turian classes, never use them... Took me ages to unlock the damned Asari though. I had ultra-rare Krogan before I got the uncommon and rare Asari types.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-05-2012, 08:50 AM
I don't know why but they're my favourite race in Mass Effect, Krogans are a close 2nd. :)

Psychosplodge
07-05-2012, 08:50 AM
And if you'd wanted the krogen...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-05-2012, 08:53 AM
?

Psychosplodge
07-05-2012, 08:55 AM
The assari would be more available

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-05-2012, 08:57 AM
Oh. Context makes all the difference.

eldargal
07-06-2012, 12:56 AM
I like Turians, but I prefer Asari. I also prefer Asari Vanguard/Adept and Quarian Infiltrator (sabotage=lols) to most of the Turian classes.

The Priority: Thessia mission in ME3 makes me sad.:( Also makes me always choose the renegade option for dealing with Kai Leng. Mind you watching Palaven burn is also sad.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-06-2012, 01:13 AM
I thought that most of ME3 was sad.
My mates decided to let the Geth wipe out the Quarians, they laughed and I just gawped.
They turned to me and said "you don't find this funny?"
I replied "No. Genocide, even virtual, is never good."
(my Grandmother's family are Jewish, so I've never really liked anything involving genocide)

On a Multiplayer note, I've never played it on multiplayer, so the different classes don't really mean much to me. :/

Psychosplodge
07-06-2012, 02:15 AM
Did you not exterminate the rakni queen in ME1?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-06-2012, 02:42 AM
Nope.

eldargal
07-06-2012, 02:57 AM
I had one playthrough where I just did the worst (as in renegade) things I could do just to experience that element of the story. For ME1 it was something like the twelve full playthrough as it took that long for me to divorce my own character with that of my characters and the story. I couldn't let the Council die because my character, even the b*tchy ones, wouldn't have done so. Same for Rachni.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-06-2012, 03:05 AM
I'm too much of a good guy, I always go Paragon, in every decision game I'm always a good guy. *shrug*

I did however hit the reporter in the face, that sh!t's funny! :D

eldargal
07-06-2012, 03:09 AM
There is actually a very funny line after killing both the Thorian and the Rachni where the Turian councillor gets all cranky says:
'You seem to enjoy killing off alien species, Commander!'

To which Shepard replies:
"Depends what species, Turian (http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/First_Contact_War)"

I loled. There are also some fantastic renegade interrupts on ME2, which I feel less bad about as few of them are actually 'evil' just very b*tchy. some inthe first/third seem genuinely callous/evil/bad than just b*tchy.

Psychosplodge
07-06-2012, 03:12 AM
It was the first game where I tried not to be helpful/nice, played the ends justify the means way...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-06-2012, 03:15 AM
There is actually a very funny line after killing both the Thorian and the Rachni where the Turian councillor gets all cranky says:
'You seem to enjoy killing off alien species, Commander!'

To which Shepard replies:
"Depends what species, Turian (http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/First_Contact_War)"

Ah, yes, the "First Contact War", we have dismissed these claims.

eldargal
07-06-2012, 05:30 AM
Now I want to play Mass Effect.:( Not sure I can handle driving the Mako again though. I do love that Cortez and Vega discuss the Mako in the shuttle bay at some point. Cortez is most unfattering about it.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-06-2012, 05:32 AM
Do you use a controller or a keyboard?

Prior to ME3's release I did a run through the other 2, it was most enjoyable to hear Saren again.
CON-DOO-IIT!

eldargal
07-06-2012, 05:35 AM
Keyboard. I did a full run-through before 3 as well, going to do another one soon now that I know how I want certain things to go. I do like our some renegade options turned out to be the better choice to make for the war effort in ME3. Want to go through and shape everything just how I want it.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-06-2012, 05:44 AM
Ah, you're one of those hardcore PC types. I wouldn't know how to keyboard now, too used to a controller. :p

Yeah, I'll do a re-run when I can buy ME and ME2, they're pretty rare on X360 for some reason?

The only games I can play on PC now are MMORPGS, they don't involve many complicated controls. (i r rtard)

Kyban
07-06-2012, 08:29 AM
Ah, you're one of those hardcore PC types. I wouldn't know how to keyboard now, too used to a controller. :p

Yeah, I'll do a re-run when I can buy ME and ME2, they're pretty rare on X360 for some reason?

The only games I can play on PC now are MMORPGS, they don't involve many complicated controls. (i r rtard)
I think ME and ME2 might be on games on demand now if you don't mind downloading them.

Yeah, switching from a controller to a keyboard is really weird when your not used to it.

I started ME3 but didn't get too far before I wanted to go back and do another playthrough with all the choices just right, now I'm halfway through my ME2 playthrough but I managed to walk in on both my brother and father finishing ME3, really spoiled the ending. :(

I play most of my games on the 360 too, mostly just play Guild Wars on the PC. It's my favorite MMO so far and no monthly subscription is definitely a plus!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-06-2012, 08:36 AM
Yeah, I'm going to be jumping on the F2P circuit. So much easier.
I do hate people that spoil things, like one of my mates, he pretty much spoiled every Black Library release for me, that was, until I bought things and read them before he did. :p

Gotthammer
07-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Not sure I can handle driving the Mako again though.

Heresy! The Mako is awesome.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r314/Gotthammer/40k/tumblr_m2zm4h099W1r6q3o7o1_500.jpg

Edit: 1,000th post deserves a little celebration, Shepard style:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r314/Gotthammer/40k/unhealthy_asari_obsession_by_thelivingmachine02-d4woafc.png

Kyban
07-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Haha, that's a great picture. I always wondered how the squad inside never ended up scrambled after the beating the Mako took.

Gotthammer
07-06-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm not convinced it's the Mako's fault:

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2010/257/5/0/galaxy__s_best_driver_by_chacou-d2ypf00.jpg

also:

http://2.asset.soup.io/asset/2336/2178_b522_500.jpeg

eldargal
07-07-2012, 12:25 AM
This is why FemShep is superior, she isn't going to go around grabbing burnt corpses to talk too. I do sort of miss doing cartwheels in the Mako, the problem was of course I didn't want to be doing cartwheels in the Mako and there was no compelling reaso nwhy I should given the terrain seemed to be mostly flat.:rolleyes:

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-07-2012, 12:50 AM
Because of epic legendary back-flip barrel rolls? Alternatively, do it for the lulz. :p

eldargal
07-07-2012, 01:03 AM
When I first played ME2, I didn't know that Shepard dies at the start. I got such a shock I actually had a dream about a wake with the surviving companions, and the subject of Shepards driving 'skills' in the Mako came up and the general response was 'Yeah...That's one thing I won't miss'.:rolleyes: On the subject of extended cuts, I think there should have been an extended cut for ME2 to show the reaction of the crew and friends to Shepards loss.:( Only towards the end of ME3 does Joker even hint at feeling responsible for Shepards death.

eldargal
07-09-2012, 08:39 AM
Just out of curiosity, what 40k armies do you think would best represent the various factions in Mass Effect? I'm thinking? In terms of tabletop fighting style, not aesthetics/background obviously

Salarians - Tau
Krogan - Orks
Systems Alliance - Marines or Guard (depends how good you think their armour/barriers/shields are)
Batarians - Squats ('cos they're almost extinct, get it? huhur)
Turians - C:SM or Space Wolves
Asari - Eldar (fragile, shooty) or Dark Eldar (fragile, shooty, grotesques/talos etc representing reliance on mechs for frontline work)
Reaper ground forces - Tyranids
Geth - Necrons
Quarians - Tau?

lattd
07-09-2012, 09:15 AM
Eldar definatly represent, Asari, focus on psychic powers, but vulnerable. I played mass effect 3 and then read the allies rule and thought, woo you could so do mass effect in 40k now.

But for the rest i agree.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Just out of curiosity, what 40k armies do you think would best represent the various factions in Mass Effect? I'm thinking? In terms of tabletop fighting style, not aesthetics/background obviously

Salarians - Tau
Krogan - Orks
Systems Alliance - Marines or Guard (depends how good you think their armour/barriers/shields are)
Batarians - Squats ('cos they're almost extinct, get it? huhur)
Turians - C:SM or Space Wolves
Asari - Eldar (fragile, shooty) or Dark Eldar (fragile, shooty, grotesques/talos etc representing reliance on mechs for frontline work)
Reaper ground forces - Tyranids
Geth - Necrons
Quarians - Tau?

I'd say that Turians are more like the Dark Angels, they like to interrogate people. (hence why most of them are C-Sec)
As for the Reapers, cross between Nids and Dark Eldar.

And for the Batarians? My father was a Batarian, you jerk. :p

Psychosplodge
07-10-2012, 02:19 AM
http://chzvideogames.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/video-game-memes-my-insides-practically-contort-with-potent-needy-desire.png

eldargal
07-10-2012, 02:42 AM
Does want!

Psychosplodge
07-10-2012, 02:50 AM
You only get 75% of the book, you have to be buy the rest as "additional content" :D

eldargal
07-10-2012, 03:14 AM
I'm fine with that.:p DOES WANT!

What do people think about Tau representing Asari? Fragile, shooty, high tech, stealth elements, lot of mech and aircraft like Asari forces use. Problem is then who represents Salarians, but then again Salarians and Asari have a similar methodology on the battlefield.

Psychosplodge
07-10-2012, 03:51 AM
Had an argument last night, apparently I'm weird for finding the masked suited alien more appealing(Apparently she has weird feet, can't say I'd looked) than the bright blue one. O_o?

eldargal
07-10-2012, 04:05 AM
That is pretty weird, not that I dislike Tali, quite the contrary. I'm very non-discriminating when it comes to alien girls.:rolleyes:

One thing I think the EC could have done to win even more love from the community would have been to insert some proper images of TaliUnmaked.

Psychosplodge
07-10-2012, 04:11 AM
It certainly wouldn't have hurt...

eldargal
07-10-2012, 11:54 PM
Another free MP DLC pack announced/leaked (http://www.examiner.com/article/mass-effect-3-earth-dlc-confirmed-with-a-release-date):

Mass Effect 3: Earth: The fighting is fiercest when it's your home at stake! Mass Effect 3: Earth adds mods, gear, and new maps for Rio, Vancouver, and London. It features three new weapons: Piranha assault shotgun, Acolyte pistol and Typhoon light machine gun. Six new human N7 classes are also available: Destroyer, Paladin, Demolisher, Slayer, Shadow and Fury!

Released July 17. This weekend there is also another MP operation, Operation Broadside (http://www.gamingexaminer.com/mass-effect-3-n7-mission-weekend-operation-broadside/16928/).

Squad Goal: Extract at least one squad member against Reapers on Gold difficulty
Allied Goal: Extract 400,000 squads against Reapers on ANY difficulty
Special Circumstance: None

Squad Goal Success: All squad members awarded a Commendation Pack
Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack. Medi-gel cap increases from 5 units to 6.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-11-2012, 08:40 AM
I think I might be racist, I find xenophilia disturbing..... xD

Psychosplodge
07-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Clearly you're repressed, it's probably something from your childhood...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-11-2012, 08:49 AM
I can't even feel attracted to non-whites, I don't know... It just doesn't do anything for me. *shrug*

Gotthammer
07-11-2012, 12:44 PM
I think I might be racist, I find xenophilia disturbing..... xD

"I've seen the way you look at each other. Surprised your panties haven't caught fire."
"Do you have to make it sound so... tawdry?"
"If it's all civilised, you're not doing it right."

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-12-2012, 12:58 AM
Where are those quotes from?

eldargal
07-12-2012, 01:03 AM
Conversation between Matriarch Aethyta and Liara on the Presidium Commons after you force Liara to go and talk to Aethyta (who is her 'father'). Very amusing conversation.:)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-12-2012, 01:05 AM
Ah! Fair enough... I can't remember if I did that or not...

I have to play ME again. :D

Psychosplodge
07-12-2012, 01:21 AM
"If it's all civilised, you're not doing it right."

True...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-12-2012, 02:15 AM
It's okay Psycho, I don't think any less of you. :p

Psychosplodge
07-12-2012, 02:30 AM
:D

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-12-2012, 02:38 AM
I was pretty much just running on personality in ME, I didn't find any of the women particularly attractive/appealing.
Liara is a cool chick.

eldargal
07-12-2012, 04:51 AM
Pfft, Liara has always been attractive. Also funny (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU7Ea4wsp0M) and sometimes cranky and funny (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrGBmdXq8x0&feature=related).

Psychosplodge
07-12-2012, 04:53 AM
She used to be too whiny...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-12-2012, 05:03 AM
Pfft, Liara has always been attractive. Also funny (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU7Ea4wsp0M) and sometimes cranky and funny (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrGBmdXq8x0&feature=related).

(Remember, I'm not attracted to blue chicks) :D

eldargal
07-12-2012, 05:42 AM
Looks like we have ourselves some self-hating Liara fans...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-12-2012, 05:45 AM
Yep. I like her for her personality, not for her appearance.
Surely that's what every girl wants in a guy? :D

Psychosplodge
07-12-2012, 05:51 AM
No that's why I like Tali, you don't know what she looks like anyways lol

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-12-2012, 05:52 AM
It kinda does show her a little better in ME3.

Psychosplodge
07-12-2012, 05:54 AM
there are only two ME games, like there are only three starwars films and only three indiana jones films...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-12-2012, 05:57 AM
You hear that Bioware? Oh wait, you're at the hospital in the BURNS WARD! :D

eldargal
07-12-2012, 06:01 AM
Nope, we want a boy that says that but actually thinks we are super hot even if we look like we've been sculpted out of pudding.

That's mean, ME2 was great...

there are only two ME games, like there are only three starwars films and only three indiana jones films...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-12-2012, 06:06 AM
Nope, we want a boy that says that but actually thinks we are super hot even if we look like we've been sculpted out of pudding.

I'm sure you're attractive regardless of what you're "sculpted out of". :p

Psychosplodge
07-12-2012, 06:07 AM

It's essentially the same thing isn't it?

one man's hot is another's not, I mean what is it people like about skin damage and orange things? O_o

That's mean, ME2 was great...

And I see what you did there....

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-12-2012, 06:09 AM
one man's hot is another's not, I mean what is it people like about skin damage and orange things? O_o

Otherwise known as "Essex Women".

eldargal
07-12-2012, 06:09 AM
Agreed. I've never had a tan in my life, fake or natural. So icky.

:p Well, there was a huge fuss when ME2 was released saying it was a horrible sequel to ME and everything was stupid and dumbed down etc. Then ME3 cam out and ME2 was great and ME3 was the abomination etc.

Edit: I've never been to Essex, not sure I ever want to.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-12-2012, 06:11 AM
:p Well, there was a huge fuss when ME2 was released saying it was a horrible sequel to ME and everything was stupid and dumbed down etc. Then ME3 cam out and ME2 was great and ME3 was the abomination etc.

That will always be the case, it can never live up to what you imagined it to be.

Except for Skyrim.

EDIT: Trust me, NEVER go there.

I've never been to Essex, not sure I ever want to.

Psychosplodge
07-12-2012, 06:18 AM
Agreed. I've never had a tan in my life, fake or natural. So icky.

Edit: I've never been to Essex, not sure I ever want to.

That's because no one had seen just how dumbed down they could make it till 3 lol

And if you can avoid it do so, I'd never go through choice...

That will always be the case, it can never live up to what you imagined it to be.

Except for Skyrim.

What I've seen of skyrim is disappointing, the graphics were held back for the consoles, it's still just fetch quests, and when are they going to stop putting overgrown spiders in dungeons, there's all these rich fantasy backgrounds to rip off and we get giant fricking spiders....again...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-12-2012, 06:23 AM
I am an Elder Scrolls buff, I LOVE the background, scenery and everything.

Psychosplodge
07-12-2012, 06:25 AM
Is it a forbidden realms spin off?

eldargal
07-12-2012, 06:29 AM
Hm technically I may have strayed into Essex on a visit to Epping Forest once years ago. Not sure that counts. May also have stayed in the London part.

I don't care what anyone says, ME3 is great.:p Multiplayer is fantastic too, except when I get stupid long loading times and disconnects when I do finally connect. Took me two hours to play two matches the other day, grr.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-12-2012, 06:29 AM
@Psycho - I hope not. -_-

EDIT:
@eldargal - I used to live in London, then again, I've lived everywhere.

I like the Mass Effect universe too, thinking of running an online RPG group of it. :D

Psychosplodge
07-12-2012, 06:47 AM
I'm sure I remember reading references to neverwinter lore in some of the books in oblivion, just not sure if its same setting or a friendly nod.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-12-2012, 06:48 AM
Most probably a friendly nod.

You should read about CHIM. :p

Psychosplodge
07-12-2012, 06:50 AM
CHIM? is that some sort of chimney sweeps union?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-12-2012, 06:55 AM
No one seems to know what it stands for, but basically it's what happens when an NPC realises that they're in a video game.
Vivec in TES Morrowind had achieved it, hence why he's blue and yellow and made a city from his mind.

EDIT: See here (http://s1.zetaboards.com/TESFU/topic/2694183/1/)

eldargal
07-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Hurhurhur:
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/4509/picture1mq.jpg

Psychosplodge
07-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Uh, shiny? Maybe if Shepard's blonde, Also that's not what Shepard looks like... she's got a military bun...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-12-2012, 09:40 AM
Awwwwwwwhhhh........ Tali got shot down...

Gotthammer
07-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Awwwwwwwhhhh........ Tali got shot down...

Speaking of shot down (http://youtu.be/7k2U9KgnOTs), or shut down (http://youtu.be/S-8BiN7S2f4) even.

And because Kai Leng deserves to be laughed at:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r314/Gotthammer/40k/tophatmot.jpg

and Javik's an ***:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r314/Gotthammer/40k/superiority.jpg

but there's always the priiiiiize:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r314/Gotthammer/40k/riskq.jpg

it's enough to drive you to drink:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r314/Gotthammer/40k/sheparddontdrink.jpg

What I've seen of skyrim is disappointing, the graphics were held back for the consoles, it's still just fetch quests, and when are they going to stop putting overgrown spiders in dungeons, there's all these rich fantasy backgrounds to rip off and we get giant fricking spiders....again...

Can't argue about your hatred of spiders, but Skyrim is pretty damn good looking if you download the HD texture pack for PC (http://youtu.be/H1mYqkx72j4).

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Hahahaha! Nice.

eldargal
07-13-2012, 01:18 AM
An ME3 animated prequel is in the works, starring Vega. Trailer here (http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/07/heres-the-slick-first-trailer-for-mass-effect-3s-animated-prequel/).

Interesting to see how it turns out. Vega was a lot better than I was expecting.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-13-2012, 01:22 AM
I'm kinda put off by Vega, I find him strange, my dedication to the series will make me watch it however.

Has anyone seen that Dragon Age one? Any good? (still on topic because it's a Bioware product - zing!)

Psychosplodge
07-13-2012, 01:28 AM
Can't argue about your hatred of spiders, but Skyrim is pretty damn good looking if you download the HD texture pack for PC (http://youtu.be/H1mYqkx72j4).

Yeah I'd heard about that, but it's not good you need an add on to bring it up to standard

An ME3 animated prequel is in the works, starring Vega. Trailer here (http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/07/heres-the-slick-first-trailer-for-mass-effect-3s-animated-prequel/).

Interesting to see how it turns out. Vega was a lot better than I was expecting.

¬_¬ why's it always a prequel? They never seem to work, look at the ones being made to films, cause the techs moved on the prequels simply don't look right...

eldargal
07-13-2012, 02:32 AM
I keep forgetting to buy the Dragon Age one. I thought I bought it once but turned out I stopped at the checkout.:rolleyes: It has had mixed reviews, mostly due to animation style not being to peoples tastes from what I can gather.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-13-2012, 02:37 AM
Ultramarines was not to people's animation tastes... It also had a cr@p storyline. :D

Psychosplodge
07-13-2012, 02:41 AM
Crap storyline would have elevated it,
But the cutting edge cgi looked awful...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-13-2012, 02:43 AM
But it was cutting edge, it cut the edges of my sanity. :D

BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNN!

DrLove42
08-03-2012, 06:50 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-12451-Mass-Effect-3--Leviathan-and-Firefight-DLC-Unveiled-With-First-Screens.html

New single player DLC finally confirmed and detailed

What follows is a race against time to unravel the secrets of the eponymous Leviathan, which will take you to uncharted systems and new districts on the Citadel. You'll interact with brand new characters, unlock the AT-12 Raider shotgun and M-55 Argus Assault Rifle weapons on your quest to discover the truth behind the mysterious history of the Reapers.

Due out "this summer"

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-03-2012, 06:53 AM
Ah, yeah, I saw this on Facebook and meant to post it here. Then I forgot. *sigh*

Sounds really interesting, I'd love to know more about the Reapers.

Psychosplodge
08-03-2012, 06:55 AM
No doubt they're all angsty and misunderstood, and jsut want a cuddle.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-03-2012, 06:59 AM
I hope not. That'd be the final nail in the coffin of Mass Effect.

DrLove42
08-10-2012, 05:40 AM
Missed this a few days ago. Apparantly Leviathon DLC will give us history of the Reapers creators, who were the first race to be harvested.

It'll also change the ending slightly, giving you extra dialogue options for creepy ghost child to ask about

Also starting to show up are rumours for the "omega" DLC, a mission pack seeing Shep and Aria reclaiming Omega from Cerberus

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-10-2012, 05:45 AM
Ah, yes, I've read that book.

eldargal
08-10-2012, 05:48 AM
Well the Omega thing seemed very likely.:)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-10-2012, 05:50 AM
Also, MORE dialogue?

I'm sick of the Catalyst. It's a douche.

DrLove42
08-10-2012, 05:54 AM
I need to finish my Insanity play through. I got to Kai Leng on the Cerberus base and no further.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-10-2012, 06:20 AM
Kai Leng is also a douche.

eldargal
09-14-2012, 06:02 AM
Well I just played Leviathan, and really enjoyed it. I had to play it windowed because ME3 won't launch fullscreen for some reason, ever since Origin patched. Grr. As a result I was rather annoyingly conscious of the window and didn't get particularly immersed in it which is a shame. I hope Bioware plan more DLC, something along the lines of LotSB in length and depth would be lovely. Retaking Omega would seem a likely candidate.

Psychosplodge
09-14-2012, 06:05 AM
I might bite the bullet and get it for the wii u, then I don't have to have the origin version :P

plus they might have finished spamming DLC by then.

DrLove42
09-14-2012, 06:06 AM
Completly forgot Leviathon was out. Might have to look into it next week some time

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-14-2012, 06:11 AM
Same, too busy on Battlefield.

DrLove42
09-19-2012, 04:16 AM
With yesterday's announcement that BioWare's co-founders Greg Zeschuk and Ray Muzyka will be retiring from the company they built together, BioWare General Manager, Aaryn Flynn issued a statement regarding the future of the developer and its franchises, including Mass Effect.

While we noted that Mass Effect 3 will be getting single-player story DLC in the form of the Omega add-on coming this fall, we didn't really draw as much attention to it within the news piece as we should have. So, here it is in full, from Aaryn Flynn's statement:

"Executive Producer Casey Hudson and his team are coming off an amazing eight-year run with the Mass Effect trilogy. But they’re not done yet. We are releasing more multiplayer content and we have more single-player stories coming throughout the next six months, including Omega which is coming in the Fall. But the Mass Effect universe is vast, and Casey and our teams have plans for another full game. “Where to go next?” with such a project has been a question a lot of us have been asking, and we’d all love to hear your ideas."

That's right. BioWare is planning another full Mass Effect game, while Casey Hudson and his team are also "putting together their vision for an all new game set in a fictional universe, built from the bottom-up with all new gaming technology." A new next-gen BioWare IP? Yup.

Exciting Stuff

eldargal
09-19-2012, 06:41 AM
Ooooh, excited. Looking forward to revisiting Omega and blowing more of it up. The Archangel mission as as an infiltrator is one of my fondest ME2 memories. So many headshots.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-19-2012, 06:46 AM
Any part involving Garrus is the best part. :p

eldargal
09-19-2012, 06:48 AM
Except compared to those bits involving Liara.:p

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-19-2012, 06:49 AM
Kinky

DrLove42
09-25-2012, 05:20 AM
Some of the info about the Omega DLC

"Aria tells you that Omega is now under a blockade from Cerberus. Since a direct attack didn't work, Cerberus is now trying to starve Omega into submission by blockading supply ships coming in through the regular Omega relay. The level's appearance will change to reflect this - the Afterlife has gone quiet, the music is off, the flashing lights are gone, maybe a soup kitchen has taken over the dance floor. Aria requests that you steal into the blockade and board the command ship. Take down the blockade so Omega can be resupplied.

"As punishment for breaking the neutrality pact, Cerberus launches an attack against Omega. The enemy is attempting to destroy Omega's shields, which will allow asteroids and meteors to smash into the station. You must repel the assault and ensure the shield remain operational."

Apparantly there might be you fighting Zaeed at some point. Also if you let him live, you can fight Zaeeds enemy from his DLC in ME2

eldargal
09-25-2012, 05:20 AM
*squee*

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-25-2012, 05:32 AM
I find it hard to get excited by Mass Effect anymore.

eldargal
09-25-2012, 07:17 AM
That's cos your silly.:p

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-25-2012, 07:24 AM
There are much cooler things available, and as far as I'm concerned, Shepard's adventure is over.

eldargal
09-25-2012, 07:37 AM
Mrh, it's still one of the best scifi settings out there, with or without Shepard. I'm actually hoping ME4 will let us design our own characters. Have a male/female voice still but less us choose species and backgorund like in Dragon Age.

Psychosplodge
09-25-2012, 07:41 AM
considering they limited that from dragonage 1 ->2 probably not. They'll prob make it one character that is a single sex, with a single voice and single back story...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-25-2012, 07:44 AM
Then Dragon Age 2 took that option away from us... I liked Svartalfr, my wood elf bada$$. :p

I hope so too. Bioware really need to restore my faith in them, I'd choose any Bethesda game over a Bioware game any day.
I hope that Bethesda make a Sci-fi RPG, it'd plough through Mass Effect by my reckoning. (I mean proper sci-fi, not the post-apocalyptic future of Fallout)

If only Bioware weren't such arseholes...

DrLove42
09-25-2012, 07:45 AM
We'll have to wait and see.

Dragon age 3 has already been confirmed, ME4 hasn't

Psychosplodge
09-25-2012, 07:47 AM
It's not bioware, it's EA.

I want an inquisitor game using the fallout 3 engine or it's successor...

eldargal
09-25-2012, 07:47 AM
Meh, Bethesda have their own issues. Combat is pretty tedious though it can be rather fantastic at times. Also the graphics were laughable on PC, I couldn't play it 'til I downloaded some texture enhancement mods. Also the story is just average it's really the sandbox natue that sucks people in. Bioware do story better than anyone else, too well in fact, a lot of people couldn't handle the fact hte hero couldn't stop two factions who loathed each other going to war in DA2. Too used to the protagonist being god.

Psychosplodge
09-25-2012, 07:53 AM
indeed get the bioware writers combined with the black library ones...

eldargal
09-25-2012, 07:56 AM
That is why Space Marine is my favourite 40k game even though I can't play eldar. For once it acutally puts you in the 40k universe, you look through a window or whatever and you're on a Forge World. Make a proper RPG like that and I will throw money at it, collectors edition, all the DLC, everything. Especially if they do the dual voice thing and let me gave a lady Inquisitor.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-25-2012, 07:57 AM
I liked the storyline of DA2, but combat was bad, and so was the repetitive scenery.

DrLove42
09-25-2012, 07:58 AM
never finished DA1, got bored. Never bought DA2.

I'm semi excited about Dark Milenium now its a single player thing not an MMO.

eldargal
09-25-2012, 08:00 AM
Like a Bethesday game...:p But yes combat was rather bad and the repetitive environments were a great let down after DA1. The DLC was superb though, particularly the Grey Warden prison. The boss fight for that blew my DA fangirl mind...

...but combat was bad...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-25-2012, 08:01 AM
I like mmos.

How is combat in a Bethesda game bad?!

eldargal
09-25-2012, 08:02 AM
Me too. My problem with MMOs is I like to play them like single player games. I quest on my own and immerse myself in the world and story and only group up when I have too. Irritates the hell out of my friends.

Psychosplodge
09-25-2012, 08:04 AM
I thought the completly cancelled Dark Millenium this or last week?

Kyban
09-25-2012, 08:08 AM
Me too. My problem with MMOs is I like to play them like single player games. I quest on my own and immerse myself in the world and story and only group up when I have too. Irritates the hell out of my friends.

I do the same, mostly because my friends don't have decent PCs to play on though. My favorite MMO is still Guild Wars though I haven't done much MMOing for a while.

DrLove42
09-25-2012, 08:09 AM

I never heard that....and can't find anything about it online

eldargal
09-25-2012, 08:10 AM
I can't find news about it later than march.

Psychosplodge
09-25-2012, 08:18 AM
I never heard that....and can't find anything about it online

I can't find news about it later than march.

I can't find it, I could have sworn I saw it on game central recently.

DrLove42
09-25-2012, 08:20 AM
Would be a shame. THQ just need to release it. If its cancelled THQ will go under. And that will suck cos they make some really good games!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-25-2012, 08:23 AM
Anti-social so and whatsits.

Cerri, you LOVE our BF3 games.

DrLove42
09-25-2012, 08:28 AM
I do. But I know you.

If i'm not playing with people I really know well, like you Cow or Shades I NEVER talk to other people. If its just me playing on my own I never talk to other people. I lone wolf it all the way, but i don't like playing Free-for-alls. Its wierd

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Heh. You'd make a great soldier. :p

Psychosplodge
10-04-2012, 06:28 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb8auskMgR1rbyr12o1_500.jpg

DrLove42
10-04-2012, 06:34 AM
Do you just spend your working day looking at ponies?

Psychosplodge
10-04-2012, 06:36 AM
They do appear in my tumblr feed...

DrLove42
10-04-2012, 11:50 AM
On topic - Mass Effect Massive Free DLC inbound.

Adding the collectors to multiplayer, new maps and a butt ton of new characters.

Doesn't change the fact i've not touched this game for a long time....

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-13024-Mass-Effect-3-Getting-a-Massive-Multiplayer-Expansion-Featuring-The-Collectors.html

Gotthammer
10-04-2012, 12:33 PM
They're also releasing all three games for xbox, PS3 and PC as a trilogy (http://www.masseffect.com/about/trilogy/) with DLC included (varies platform to platform what you get though), and ME1 by itself for PS3 users as well.

There's limited edition Sovereign statue on the way too, though no pics yet that I've been able to see.

http://youtu.be/wNK-f9Ova7Q

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Sovereign you say? :p

Gotthammer
10-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Yup! (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DH11030&mode=retail&utm_source=retail_news&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BigBadToyStore-Retail&utm_content=)

Limited to 1000 pieces or less.

Sovereign is the flagship of the rogue Spectre Saren Arterius. An enormous, sentient dreadnought larger than any ship in any known fleet, Sovereign's original construction hints at a mysterious and alien origin.

Did we say it was big? It is gigantic. Dark Horse, working directly with Bioware, as gone to a huge 18.5" size with this detailed, limited-edition reproduction.

Our depiction of Sovereign has a sculpted base representing a devastated planetary surface, giving the replica a proportion that conveys its huge scale.

and there are pics of the FemShep Bishoujo out though:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/images/products/out/large/KOT10871.jpg

Tempting... Liara does need someone to keep her company ;)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Do want!

Gotthammer
10-04-2012, 01:07 PM
The Liara one's really nice (though her deco is a bit off model :/ ) so I've no doubt this one will be. I'm also hanging out for the Play Arts Kai (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=SEP10367&mode=retail&picture=out) figures to be released:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/images/products/out/large/SEP10367.jpg

Got FemShep, Garrus and Tali on pre-order. Would pick up Liara (obviously), Kaidan and Vega if they do them too (and maybe Grunt, Mordin, Miranda or Jacob [yeah, I said I like Jacob]). Skipping Ash 'cause she's a crater in all my games :p

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Why not Zoidberg? :p

I want Garrus, that's about it.

eldargal
10-05-2012, 12:04 AM
I want to see some clos ups of theSovereign model, coming from GW I often get dissapointed with the 'high detail' models put out for video games. I will get teh FemShep statue though.

DrLove42
10-11-2012, 06:20 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/10/7/ySPvaCUiPki9hBTrLRl_4g2.jpg

Psychosplodge
10-11-2012, 06:37 AM
Is that Emma Watson?

Gotthammer
10-11-2012, 06:45 AM
She looks better in blue.