PDA

View Full Version : Necron rumors--where are they?

Occam
06-26-2011, 12:18 AM
Necron rumors!
Y u no get coverage on bols like grey knights?

Cyberscape7
06-26-2011, 03:07 AM
Cause GW is keeping an EXTREMLEY tight wrap on upcoming armies. Look at sisters, they've just popped up out of the blue. Same will happen with necrons probably :(

Wildeybeast
06-26-2011, 03:15 AM
Cause GW is keeping an EXTREMLEY tight wrap on upcoming armies. Look at sisters, they've just popped up out of the blue. Same will happen with necrons probably :(

I wouldn't say Sisters came out of the blue exactly. It's been strongly rumoured that Sisters/Necrons/Tau would be the next armies for some time, we just didn't know in what order. Though them being a WD release did go under the radar somewhat.

isotope99
06-26-2011, 04:00 AM
Unlikely to be seen now until November unless it follows straight after the second part of the sisters codex:

August: Vampires/Sisters part 1
September: Sisters part 2
October: Fantasy?
November: Necrons?
December: Historically no major release in December

Arien
06-26-2011, 04:58 AM
I think we may get a little more than just "Sisters part 2" in September, bearing in mind Games Day release display cabinets and whatnot. That is one month to look forward to, for definite :)

eldargal
06-26-2011, 05:03 AM
There is a mystery fantasy release planned for September, I doubt they would release a new army at the same time. Mind you Harry did say we would be seeing an end to GW workin through one book at a time, or something like that.

Deadlift
06-26-2011, 06:49 AM
There is a mystery fantasy release planned for September, I doubt they would release a new army at the same time. Mind you Harry did say we would be seeing an end to GW workin through one book at a time, or something like that.

Fingers crossed it's Ogre Kingdoms then :)

eldargal
06-26-2011, 06:54 AM
OK are next almost certainly, but that isn't the mystery release.:)

Thornblood
06-26-2011, 07:29 AM
I really want the mystery release to be Warhammer Seige, but that is massively unlikely.

I would expect something massive for Storm of Magic.

Deadlift
06-26-2011, 07:38 AM
I think I read on beasts of war, they suspect it could be blood bowl. However I may have dreamt it :)

Lancel
06-26-2011, 08:13 AM
We still can't be certain the Sisters are even going to warrant a release. The release schedule is there so that their sales is not overloaded filling out all the orders for the new release, but presently the Sisters codex is just in White Dwarf, not its own book. Until we get confirmation on new models, there's nothing to release, which leads me to this:

August: Necrons
September: Secret Special
October: Ogre Kingdoms
November: Sisters of Battle

My thinking is while we will get the Sisters codex in White Dwarf, new Sisters models won't show up until November. There is the possibility that Necrons and Sisters will still swap, I mean from a release schedule perspective it would make sense, Sisters is probably going to be a slightly smaller release, no codex, just a few models, and they will release Storm of Magic in July which will be a pretty big release. I'm still banking on Necrons in August though, though we really won't know for certain until someone gets August's White Dwarf.

eldargal
06-26-2011, 08:34 AM
No, if Necrons were coming in August the WD back page would have mentioned them. It does not. The back page mentions part one of the SoB codex and Vampire Counts. August will bring the first part, september the second (rules) with perhaps models then as well. Necrons may come in November, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they get a two part WD codex as well.

Necron_Lord
06-26-2011, 09:34 AM
No, if Necrons were coming in August the WD back page would have mentioned them. It does not. The back page mentions part one of the SoB codex and Vampire Counts. August will bring the first part, september the second (rules) with perhaps models then as well. Necrons may come in November, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they get a two part WD codex as well.

I would be shocked if two 40K armies got WD 'codices' instead of the real thing back-to-back in the span of a few months. This is the first I've heard that the Necron update would appear in WD.

Lancel
06-26-2011, 09:36 AM
Actually yeah, for some reason I thought we had another White Dwarf between now and then for the back cover teaser, but I guess we really don't, not for August at least. I mean I guess it's still possible that the Sisters just stole the teaser spot with the WD Codex, but if we assume that there will be a teaser for every major new army release, then we'd have little choice but to swap Sisters and Necrons, although that does go against some of the rumors that the WD Codex may not come with anything immediately.

Or maybe Tyranids will come out of left field or something.

Addendum to NL: There's been no confirmation or rumors of them being a WD cdoex, mostly just speculation because a WD codex is no longer outside the realm of possibility.

Necron_Lord
06-26-2011, 10:34 AM
Actually yeah, for some reason I thought we had another White Dwarf between now and then for the back cover teaser, but I guess we really don't, not for August at least. I mean I guess it's still possible that the Sisters just stole the teaser spot with the WD Codex, but if we assume that there will be a teaser for every major new army release, then we'd have little choice but to swap Sisters and Necrons, although that does go against some of the rumors that the WD Codex may not come with anything immediately.

Or maybe Tyranids will come out of left field or something.

Addendum to NL: There's been no confirmation or rumors of them being a WD cdoex, mostly just speculation because a WD codex is no longer outside the realm of possibility.

There has been talk about a second wave of Tyranids with the Harpy, Tyrannofex and Tervigon involved, but it could just be fanboy wishes. Then again, it might be true. I have seen the back cover of the WD posted with the new VC monster which came out of the blue, so who knows?

Demonus
06-26-2011, 10:56 AM
Necrons dont need a new codex, they are fine as is.

/ducks and runs

Wildeybeast
06-26-2011, 01:37 PM
There has been talk about a second wave of Tyranids with the Harpy, Tyrannofex and Tervigon involved, but it could just be fanboy wishes. Then again, it might be true. I have seen the back cover of the WD posted with the new VC monster which came out of the blue, so who knows?

That would be nice, then I can actually use all the units in my codex :mad: But I'm not expecting anything, I think GW has jsut forgotten about them.

Occam
06-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Still want more rumors though. I'm leaving for the Orient in a few months and at least want to see the dang thing before I go!

Cyberscape7
06-27-2011, 07:23 AM
Necrons dont need a new codex, they are fine as is.

/ducks and runs

"Son get me my shotgun; we're going hunting"
:eek:
I'm sorry but what you just said is about as logical as someone saying, "So when is the next Space Marine codex coming out already?"

Oh, and as for what eldargal said about necrons and a WD release.
-turns around twice and spits on floor- un-jinx un-jinx un-jinx

house_cawdor
06-27-2011, 09:02 AM
What is the speculation on Necron Warriors and Scarabs? I have a friend betting they will get a whole new kit. I hope not cause I have 30 warriors waiting on the sprue!

Lerra
06-27-2011, 09:21 AM
I wonder . . . it would make a certain amount of sense for both Sisters and Necrons to be WD codices if 6th edition is a rather drastic change to the game. You wouldn't want to release a paper codex that's only useful for 6 months and then needs a 10-page Errata to function. GW could be planning on releasing a PDF with models now and saving the paper codex release for shortly after 6th edition. It wouldn't be all that difficult to have both paper codices on shelves within a month of 6th ed's release.

flekkzo
06-27-2011, 09:46 AM
I wonder . . . it would make a certain amount of sense for both Sisters and Necrons to be WD codices if 6th edition is a rather drastic change to the game. You wouldn't want to release a paper codex that's only useful for 6 months and then needs a 10-page Errata to function. GW could be planning on releasing a PDF with models now and saving the paper codex release for shortly after 6th edition. It wouldn't be all that difficult to have both paper codices on shelves within a month of 6th ed's release.

Byt that logic, Sisters vs Necrons for a starterbox / starterbox set would make sense. Sounds like the rumors tells a different story, but I think 40k needs something fresh (up and above 6th ed rules) and that fresh should be less of a focus on space marines. I like my space marines, but I don't like the gaming turning out to be just constant infighting in the Imperium. I want to see more Chaos and Xenos played!

StraightSilver
06-27-2011, 09:49 AM
After having said I wouldn't post in 40K rumours any more as I always end up with egg on my face I thought I should just reiterate what i have been saying for the last year or so.

AFAIK (and this is having spoken to some very reliable sources) Necrons were never slotted for a 2011 release.

This doesn't necessarily mean that the models and codex aren't done, just that they are not being released yet.

I know that the new Tau models have been ready for months (can't say how I know, but I do if you know what I mean ;)) but won't be released for a while just yet.

I don't know why they do it but sometimes apparently GW will go ahead and complete works on something only to change their mind and hold back its release.

Unfortunately however even with the greatest of sources to be honest I will no doubt be proved wrong, but I had been told that Necrons would be 2012 at the earliest.

Lord Azaghul
06-27-2011, 10:32 AM

Sorry feel that need to troll for a second:

And doesn't that just excite the crap out you, Get you rev'd up to spending hundreds of dollars the second you read about what you new nothing about in your week late white dwarf!

**ok got that out of my system.

I'm pretty content to just ignore all rumours from here on out, which will force me to take a 'wait and see' approach with ever release; and, unfortunately, this will result in my going 'meh' and pass on buying many new release - rather then chomping at something I've been able to get excited about for a few months...

GW is helping me develop inpulse on control! LOL

Do we have a face palm 'smiley'?

Lancel
06-27-2011, 01:42 PM
We did kinda expect Sisters, but not a WD Codex in the Summer, instead it was November.

Still, it has been a bit mysterious as to when what is coming out.

Demonus
06-27-2011, 10:06 PM
id be perfectly happy with a WD codex update for August/September and a new hardback codex once 6th edition goes live. get necrons into 5e please.

Occam
07-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Me no gusta!
Necrons can not come later...eh, screw it. I'm going around the world.

Would still be nice to see the same treatment the Knights got. Yes, GW is clamping down. I get that.
Still bites, though.

SK5556838528
07-06-2011, 06:18 AM
I posted this in Dakka, but I thought I'd spread it elsewhere too.

(Caught a glimpse of the new necron tomb spyder)

---It was definitely a Tomb Spyder, on a plastic sprue in two parts (i.e. two sprues). I wasn't meant to see it, but I don't want to get the person responsible in trouble by saying the exact circumstances. Like I said, it should be obvious anyway. I caught enough of a glimpse to recognise individual parts.

I can't be entirely sure how the model fits together, but afterwards I went and had a look at the current metal Spyder, and I'm certain that the new one is substantially bigger just from the body bits. I think saying it was the same size as a rhino might err on the side of exaggeration, but imagine the volume rather than the mass of a rhino and that's what I'm picturing the bits would look like when constructed.

The limb parts are thinner/more slender, and I think longer unless they fit together in some way that I couldn't imagine when I saw them on the frames. The design of the individual pieces 'felt' different; slightly more elegant and lethal - but not so different that I couldn't immediately recognise what it was.

I'm certain I saw a gun, and there were some cool claw parts. There was also something else that I barely saw because I was just looking at the body sections.

Any questions, I'll be online for another few minutes. ---

adamkula
07-13-2011, 02:39 AM
a lot of people are saying that sounds right ....

Maelstorm
07-25-2011, 06:50 AM
And the 9 year Necron Codex stasis treatment continues...

DrLove42
07-25-2011, 06:58 AM
Stasis is better than the alternative ;

Coming next month! Codex Necrons presented exclusivly in the pages of White Dwarf magazine!

Maelstorm
08-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Still patiently waiting for the Necron codex to wander/stumble/waddle out of GW's printing office.

Let's hope it's not as FUBAR'd as the current rumours suggest...

Necron2.0
08-12-2011, 12:08 PM
If the Necron codex is another WD abortion, it means I'll have plenty of time to devote to Star Wars: The Old Republic. I'd strongly consider selling off all my GW crap and wash my hands of the game. I have absolutely no interest in playing a Muh'REEN bunch of jar-heads, and I-Guard to me are just boring. Dark Eldar are good to play, but it's not enough to keep me in the game, especially if the choice of who I fight ends up limited to mon-keigh variants. I cannot say for certain I'd give up on it entirely (I still enjoy painting minis, although that's not exclusive to GW's junk), but I'm beginning to see this game as largely a waste of time.

DrLove42
08-21-2011, 02:35 AM
Necron "rumours" I guess is as good a place to put this

In the BL book PAth of the Seer, out this weekend theres a flashback memory of a battle against the Necrons

Gold coloured warriors, Flayed ones, Destroyers and Scarabs are mentioned, but not by name

Also there are smaller monoliths that act only as gun turrets, and a quote;

"One of the suns was setting and in the dimming light the pyramid changed. Another section of the gleaming metal slid away to reveal an immense hanger like space. From the darkness emerged a terrifying apparition, glowing with green energy. it looked like a cross between a building and a warrior, a huge construct with a dozen heads and batteries of weapons set about a complex, ever-shifting geometric core.
The necrontyr war machine loomed over the battlefield, sheathed in a baleful glow that warded away the blasts of bright lances and scatter lasers. An orb at its centre spun faster and faster, crackling with energy that crawled along arcane circuitary to the blisters of the weapons turrets.
With a blinding flash, green lightning arced down upon the eldar army, shredding tanks and aspect warriors in a barrage of pyrotecnic destruction. Whole squads were vaporised. Falcons exploded or were sheared into small pieces"

I can't think of anything matching the description in the current Nec book. Now I know BL books aren't the best place to go for rumours....but could be something?

It also mentioned Scarabs destroying Jetbikes and Tanks, by climbing onto them and self destructing in large numbers

Demonus
08-22-2011, 10:39 AM
It also mentioned Scarabs destroying Jetbikes and Tanks, by climbing onto them and self destructing in large numbers

Now that would be kinda awesome. A model whose only purpose was to charge into a vehicle and blow up.
2d6 +3 armor pen. ap-

The Twilight Fade
08-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Now that would be kinda awesome. A model whose only purpose was to charge into a vehicle and blow up.
2d6 +3 armor pen. ap-

*cough* Screamers Of Tzeentch *cough* :)

Kawauso
08-22-2011, 11:53 AM
Well I don't know about self-destructing, but the latest rumours for Scarabs mentioned something about them having an 'Entropic Field' or somesuch...supposedly a new Necron rule a number of units will have.

Basically turns 'to-wound' rolls of 4+ into power weapon attacks and penetrating rolls of 4+ on vehicles reduce their AV by 1 on all sides for the remainder of the game.

Anon!
08-30-2011, 02:24 PM
*cough* Screamers Of Tzeentch *cough* :)

They don't blow up though, they just nom through armour.

Kawauso
08-30-2011, 04:52 PM
Hah.
Now I'm going to have to say "om nom nom" every time my Scarabs swarm a tank, if these rumours turn out to be true.

MarneusCalgar
08-31-2011, 06:46 AM
Stasis is better than the alternative ;

Coming next month! Codex Necrons presented exclusivly in the pages of White Dwarf magazine!

So... It will appear on September´s WD?? I mean, the one going on sale in the end of September

Vhalyar
08-31-2011, 10:24 PM
I can't think of anything matching the description in the current Nec book. Now I know BL books aren't the best place to go for rumours....but could be something?

That would be the 'necromancer' unit. Rumors about it/a big walker have been floating for many months. The initial rumor was even accurate about it having a giant glowing crystal in its chest.

Edit: Here's a summary of what was said by the poster.

Necromancer - MC, no squadrons, can be fielded as Elite or HS, high T but not enough vs plasma or melta, Resurrection, Warscythe, lot of weapon options. It has a mechanised skeletal torso housing a suspended crystal.

eldargal
09-01-2011, 05:33 AM
The Necron codex is no longer available in the UK and US, I suspect because stocks are being run down and they won't be reprinted as it won't be worth it with a new one on the way. Rumours are still pointing towards 'Necrovember'.

MajorWesJanson
09-01-2011, 06:25 AM
Which fits with the old post of the "when the dead rise" after Halloween.

Grailkeeper
09-20-2011, 09:35 AM
This has been doing the rounds, do you think its real or fake?

http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=111030&d=1306285253

eldargal
09-20-2011, 09:38 AM
I would work on the assumption it is fake, but there is nothing about it that is particularly implausible based on the rumours as they stand now. But then I'm not very familiar with Necrons.

Lord Azaghul
09-20-2011, 10:08 AM
Don't worry: GW is hiding the real rumors to make you even MORE excited about the release! :D

Deadlift
09-20-2011, 10:18 AM
But when ?

I am at exploding point with anticipation for Necrons. Games day I'm guessing.

eldargal
09-20-2011, 10:24 AM
I can't see anything making me excited for Necrons, I've never really cared for them. Happy for Necron players though.

Don't worry: GW is hiding the real rumors to make you even MORE excited about the release! :D

Lord Azaghul
09-20-2011, 10:30 AM
I can't see anything making me excited for Necrons, I've never really cared for them. Happy for Necron players though.

They were actually my first 49k experience, a friend gave me about a 3k fully painted necron army...I played a few games, learned the 40k game dynamics and promptly sold them to buy IG! No regrets, even IF all the rumors are true.

Demonus
09-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Awesome concept for an army that completely fits into the 40k Universe. The souls of an ancient race enslaved and put inside Xenos metal skeletons, with the capability to repair themselves and devastating gauss weapons from a forgotten age.

So much better than "hey, here is another MARINE army to play!"

If 40k were downsized, I would easily see them as one of the 6 armies to keep:

Marines/Imperial Guard, Chaos, Tyranids, Dark/Eldar, Orks, Necrons

Deadlift
09-20-2011, 03:31 PM
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2011/09/confirmed-many-necron-models-removed.html?m=1

I really like this guys blog. He really seems to update it frequently with all sorts of rumours, info and thoughts about our hobby. Anyway I thought I would add the link as it appears that more and more necron models seem to be phasing out from the GW site.

Brosef Stalin
09-22-2011, 09:56 AM
more and more necron models seem to be phasing out from the GW site.

I lol'd. And am very hype.

Maelstorm
09-24-2011, 09:20 PM
Dreadfleet? Really? Another soon-to be unsupported game system.

GW is so out of touch with their customers...

eldargal
09-24-2011, 09:20 PM
So out of touch it is selling out faster than Space Hulk, beyond GWs expectations in fact.

Gir
09-24-2011, 09:40 PM

Pretty sure you have the wrong thread.

Deadlift
09-25-2011, 02:17 PM

Just got home from Gamesday, the event itself was a big let down for me...except for Dreadfleet. Played an intro game with Phil Kelly at the show at the that alone was worth the 6 hour round trip.

Maelstorm
09-25-2011, 10:44 PM
Pretty sure you have the wrong thread.

I know, I know... BOLS seems to leans towards all thing GW = Gold.

Gir
09-26-2011, 04:19 AM
I know, I know... BOLS seems to leans towards all thing GW = Gold.

Are you really angry that you have to wait a week for confirmation of the Necron release?

Maelstorm
09-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Are you really angry that you have to wait a week for confirmation of the Necron release?

Angry? No.

Continually dissapointed with GW marketing? Yes.

Until GW is done stumbling around and releases Necrons, Privateer Press will continue to get my hard-earned $$.

Yes, I will continue to voice my dissapointment with GW and their marketing practices.

Deadlift
09-27-2011, 01:18 AM

I am, foolishly my whole games day trip was based on the idea that my favorite army was going to get a big announcement. Did not happen. :mad:

Had I thought sensibly I should have known really not to bother going.

However I am sure I saw a post here in one of these threads that the writer said they had managed to pick up a copy of Octobers WD on a news stand in Belgium. He also stated that there was no Necrons what so ever in the copy.

Actually thinking about that, why was WD held back ? we didnt learn anything new at gamesday at all really besides a few FW models we already knew about.:confused:

Unzuul the Lascivious
09-27-2011, 04:43 AM
Err...this may have already been pointed out...but anyone checked on the Necrons section on the GW site? It is seriously diminished...GW are prepping for the release...

CiaphasCain
09-27-2011, 05:01 AM
Of course. Now we wait to see whether GW has improved the army or made it into something like it was before, which was not exactly pathetic, but almost optionless in order to play any armies that were newer.

More options GW: let's see that Ward name styling in the units. I want to field a Necronmancer as a Lord. Or maybe a Tombdeathkiller for a unit ( Draigo himself fears the Tombdeathkiller when he stalks the warp.).

Make my killer-zombie-robots somethging to enjoy, please.

CitizenSoldier
09-27-2011, 07:27 AM
Actually thinking about that, why was WD held back ? we didnt learn anything new at gamesday at all really besides a few FW models we already knew about.:confused:

(It was a news stand in Holland, BTW).

Respectfully, it's your assumption that WD was held back deliberately. It's equally plausible that some production/publication issues have caused the delay. Print publications schedules are done months in advance, so some prior notice could have been given in the previous WD, if the rescheduling had been known.

If we are into wild speculation, perhaps WD was expected to go out before Games Day, but the decision has already been made to focus on Dreadfleet, and hold back on Necron announcements. Hence, no teasers in a publication that was expected to go out before GD, but due to some production issue is in fact late.

Frankly, if I was GW, avoid overlapping releases too.

Citizen.

eldargal
09-27-2011, 08:01 AM
You have to bear in mind people are complaining that a rumoured release wasn't mentioned officially at Games Day, as if GW were under an obligation to do so. We don't know for sure they are coming in November (though I believe they are) and under their new marketing strategy we won't hear about that 'til late October. Which coincides with Hallow'een, which was the rumoured announcement date for Necrons since Hastings or BramGaunt mentioned it on Warseer months ago.

In short, Necrons were never going to be unveiled at Games Day, nor would they be in the back of the October issue when GW wants to keep all the attention on Dreadfleet.:)

Morgan Darkstar
09-27-2011, 08:16 AM
In short, Necrons were never going to be unveiled at Games Day, nor would they be in the back of the October issue when GW wants to keep all the attention on Dreadfleet.:)

'sigh' You are right eldargal, i think maybe i got a tad over-excited and convinced myself that they were going to be at GD

however i still enjoyed it and will be going again next year.

"I still think however that it was a mistake not to announce them at GD"

eldargal
09-27-2011, 08:20 AM
Oh I agree, I think keeping a big army release for Games Day Uk would be a big plus for the (GW)hobby. But for all we know they weren't ready.

Of course there is still a slim chance they will unveil them at GD Oz, it is on October first the day when Dreadfleet pre-orders end and it all goes to stores and stockists to sell, apparently.:p

Morgan Darkstar
09-27-2011, 08:33 AM
Oh I agree, I think keeping a big army release for Games Day Uk would be a big plus for the (GW)hobby. But for all we know they weren't ready.

Of course there is still a slim chance they will unveil them at GD Oz, it is on October first the day when Dreadfleet pre-orders end and it all goes to stores and stockists to sell, apparently.:p

I suppose they may not be ready but i doubt it. Too many rumours.

announced at GD oz? maybe but seems a bit odd "we all know GW hates the antipodeans" :p :D

I really like the models for dreadfleet and would love to paint them but I really can't justify £70 for a game i wouldn't play!

DrLove42
09-27-2011, 08:46 AM
Does it cost extra for GW to ship models over for display on GD to Australia?

eldargal
09-27-2011, 08:49 AM
I can't see why a few dozen preview models like they had for DE last year would be too expensive given the amount of stuff they would be shipping over. Stick them in a couple locked battlefoam cases and send it by courier, a few hundred pounds or so perhaps.

DrLove42
09-27-2011, 08:55 AM
It was more a pun on the ridiculous levy that GW charges Ozzians (not those from the The Wizard of... fame either) for their models :p

eldargal
09-27-2011, 09:01 AM
Oh, lol, sorry I completely missed that.:p I was actually wondering about the cost of shipping preview stuff over myself, but I figure if they can afford to send Phil Kelly and whatnot over they can afford to send a few cases of models.

Maelstorm
10-03-2011, 11:26 PM
Another month of no Necron Codex, another month of my gaming $$$ going to Privateer Press instead of GW...

GW should be proud of themselves, just one summer of back-to-back-to back missteps have greatly increased the sales of Privateer Press Models. Congratulations on the release of Dreadfleet, the answer to the question no-one asked.

From the Privateer Press website front page
=========================================
"Since the release of the second edition of its award-winning tabletop miniatures games WARMACHINE and HORDES, Privateer Press has seen explosive growth among its player communities worldwide. The excitement generated by our games has never been higher, and demand has quickly outpaced our production ability. In response, we have expanded our efforts to make our products as easily available as possible.

While Privateer has continued to supply new releases on time, fulfilling the high volume of back orders can require substantial wait times. In an attempt to produce and ship orders faster, over the last year we have more than doubled the size of our production staff, significantly expanded our manufacturing capabilities to include an all-new resin casting department, and converted more of our line to plastic. These efforts have significantly increased our production ability, and we are now shipping record-breaking amounts of product from our Bellevue facility.

Additionally, Privateer recently announced that we will push back our new releases that had been slated for August in order to concentrate on filling back orders. With the expected surge in demand that usually accompanies our summer convention efforts, Privateer will also offer only limited new releases for the months of October and December to further increase the amount of back order fulfillment.

Finally, to better support players we will be implementing a new order system this fall that will ensure the core items for every faction will be readily available. The new order system will provide faster fulfillment on the essential products for both WARMACHINE and HORDES, so players will have access to everything they need to build a complete army and begin playing with their new faction right away. Items that are not part of the core list will continue to be available but will be subject to longer fulfillment times until our manufacturing capacity can be expanded to handle the high demand.

Privateer Press will continue to focus every effort toward improving the rate of our back order fulfillment. We thank you for your patience as we continue to support our rapidly growing WARMACHINE and HORDES communities around the world."
======================================

Privateer Press adresses "issues" on the front page of their website. GW should extend the same courtesy to the players...

Privateer Press is switching more and more to Resin and Plastic - and has not used it as an excuse to raise prices.

Please keep ardent GW fanboy responses polite...

eldargal
10-03-2011, 11:55 PM
The Necron release has been rumoured to be in November with a Halloween announcement since early in the year. You really need to calm down, no one gives a damn about what Privateer Press is doing or how you spend your money here, this thread is for Necron rumours.

Also, you really need to get some perspective. You are complaining about the fact that a rumoured product release hasn't been announced yet, let alone gone up for sale.

Deadlift
10-04-2011, 12:27 AM
However I can understand your frustration, I too am very much keeping everything crossed for a Necron announcement and although it feels like we as Necron players have been neglected I have faith that when we do see a release were going to be very happy.
As for Dreadfleet, well you may not like the concept but you can't deny the quality of the product. As with all GW products, the actual sculpts coming from them at the moment all look amazing, the models may not appeal to me but I can't deny the quality.
With that it in mind, when Necrons are released if we see the same quality in our army, well happy days.
As for PP, can't deny their learning from GWs mistakes but to me its just another games company and its great we can enjoy both products.

Oh and everytime I see theres a new post in this thread I get all excited, so please don't :p

Gir
10-04-2011, 12:39 AM
My friend is an avid Necron collector (15000+ pts), and while he's excited by a new codex on the horizon, he's not worried about the lack of information or announcements. Must be something to do with being an adult.

Wiggins
10-05-2011, 03:07 AM
So, the Necron models are back up on the site, with a few moderate price increases.

No word yet on why they'd stopped selling them in the first place if it wasn't for a release.

Either the release is imminent and there's no change to the existing line of miniatures... or Necrons aren't getting a new codex until at least this time next year.

eldargal
10-05-2011, 03:10 AM
I wouldn't read much into it one way or the other. Necrons aren't getting a total revamp like DE did so there is no reason to assume everything would dissapear and no reason to think it should dissapear until the pre-orders go up. Get what sales they can out of the old kits before the new ones come.

Morgan Darkstar
10-05-2011, 06:51 AM
At this point i am unfortunately thinking Necrons won't be released until next year.
(interestingly the necron codex is still unavailable?)

andrewm9
10-05-2011, 10:21 AM
At this point i am unfortunately thinking Necrons won't be released until next year.

Not at all suprising. Consider the WH and DH codex. They were made unavailable for some time and then were finally re-released (and edited) as a PDF for free on the website and stayed that way until they got a 'real' codex. It was like that for about a year as I recall.

Wildeybeast
10-05-2011, 12:52 PM

If you don't think Necrons aren't being released in November, what do you think will be released? November is always a big release month to coincide with Thanksgiving and then the roll over into December for Xmas sales, so they must have an ace up their sleeve. There aren't any fantasy armies rumoured to be ready or indeed any other 40k armies and I really can't see GW being content with merely a wave of something or other, they need a load of new shiny stuff to flog to parents dragged into stores. So I for one would wager a healthy sum on Necrons in November, were I a betting man.

Demonus
10-05-2011, 01:10 PM
If you don't think Necrons aren't being released in November, what do you think will be release?

Cmon Squats....

Gir
10-05-2011, 03:59 PM
I'm hoping for something Space Mariney, just so I can read Maelstrom's reaction.

Morgan Darkstar
10-05-2011, 04:14 PM
If you don't think Necrons aren't being released in November, what do you think will be released? November is always a big release month to coincide with Thanksgiving and then the roll over into December for Xmas sales, so they must have an ace up their sleeve. There aren't any fantasy armies rumoured to be ready or indeed any other 40k armies and I really can't see GW being content with merely a wave of something or other, they need a load of new shiny stuff to flog to parents dragged into stores. So I for one would wager a healthy sum on Necrons in November, were I a betting man.

To be honest i don't know what GW are going to do next.
That's part of the problem, normally if there is a release coming that i am interested in, I would save up to buy stuff in one go.

Unfortunately I cannot do this now as GW only gives us a weeks notice.

I would love for Necrons to be released in November, although they will probably be released on a week i have no money :rolleyes:

Am I the only person finding that GW's release information policy is having the opposite effect on me i.e. less excited and enthusiastic rather than more?

eldargal
10-05-2011, 10:24 PM
It is possible Necrons won't be released in November, afterall we only have rumours to go on and release schedules can change at the drop of a hat. Having said that I will be surprised if it isn't Necrons. If not, maybe a Void Raven. That would be lovely.;)

Malachi
10-06-2011, 08:44 AM
I'm hoping for something Space Mariney, just so I can read Maelstrom's reaction.

I think the one guarantee is that when Necrons are released, Maelstrom will be unhappy with the codex.

DrLove42
10-06-2011, 08:48 AM
I would like GW to do do exactly what all the screamy whiney internet people are asking for

To not release anyhting new until all existing codexes are finished

So I want there to be no new codexes or army books until all the models are done. lets see how happy people actually are getting no new books until GW releases the 6 or so models missing from DE, and the Nid + Wolf ones.

"No new codexes till next March! We're doing what the internet wants!"

Pumpkineater
10-06-2011, 09:42 AM
I am a bit in the middle; I'd say christmas.
but a launch early 2012 could also be possible.
Looking forward to them.

Wildeybeast
10-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Am I the only person finding that GW's release information policy is having the opposite effect on me i.e. less excited and enthusiastic rather than more?

I'm not sure on that. When we knew what was coming several months in advance, I did get excited, but also frustrated as I had to spend ages waiting for something I knew was coming, but was still ages away. This way, I have nothing to get excited about, but is has increased my anticipation and excitement of (eventually) getting WD, just to see what is actually in there. Which is I guess what they wanted to happen.

DrLove42
10-06-2011, 02:42 PM
NAh I'm less excited these days

Under the old system (hell even just a back page in WD maybe?) we'd know what next month was. We'd be excited (oooo Necrons! Looking forward to seeing the models!).

They've taken control too far. Locking down models and rules so they didn't appear on the internet 6 months early is one thing. No information of any kind till they go up, and then only giving people 2-3 days to order to have them for release day, and then only if you get them in store is too far

Kawauso
10-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Agreed.

This is the Information Age for crying out loud. Hype is good. Most companies have adapted to the internet and use it to gradually build hype over the months leading to a product's release.

I wish GW would stop pretending the internet doesn't exist and give us some damn decent rumours to salivate over!

DrLove42
10-07-2011, 04:00 AM
Its not even that. Imagine another industry where this would work? it just doesn't.

Video games are announced, even if its just a title and a brief description, 2-3 years in advance, and then drip fed images, trailers and developer interviews until it comes out. And it doesn't harm sales does it?

Same for the film industry. Previews, sneak trailers, real trailers and then release.

Hell some companies deliberatly "pre-leak" images. it gets the public more interested

Wildcard
10-07-2011, 05:17 AM
I am not sure how that rumoured / informed Lawsuit involving GW has something to do with all this?

I mean, if all those stuff that has been said about only models giving copyrights (and not descriptions / illustrations) is true, then it would make sense that GW strictly keeps all ideas and stuff to themselves until they are released.

Its different in videogames. If one could claim copyrights to a FPS, then wolfenstain 3D, or somewhere around that age, they could reap the royalties from all the FPS games from the past 20 years.. same goes to the settings, scifi, fantasy, post-apocalyptic etc.. Hard to see that happening.

If there is any truth behind the lawsuits, i can see why no "centerpieces of the army" are published, in by illustrations or rumours of anykind. It would seriously harm the selling of army and 'dex if you could not release that Chapter master / Necron High Lord / Supercool monstrous creature because someone released a sculpted version of your illustrations first, right? :)

In any case, i think it is really sad.. basically it all comes down to company owning rights to something -> more money to them.. Its just that this kind of thinking in my opinion really harms the scene in general, cuts away the competition, and from the consumer / hobbyist point of view: most of all it undermines the variety and creativism of independent persons who would like to make them armies unique (be that some specific theme by changing torsos to wear greatcoats, to a simple head swaps..)

Cyberscape7
10-07-2011, 07:51 AM
Alas...
In the grim darkness of the 41st millenium, there is only corporations and quarterly profits :(

eldargal
10-07-2011, 07:57 AM
If you had a company that spent decades forming their IP and turning it into the world leader in its niche industry, you would want to protect it too. I will never understand why some people think GW is somehow morally reprehensible for protecting what it has created, or greedy when they see another company riding on their coat tails. It smacks of gross hypocrisy to me.

DrLove42
10-07-2011, 08:30 AM
I don't think anyones suggesting the GW doesn't have a right to protect its own property (least I'm not). Hey i'm on GW's die in the CHS debacle.

But theres a line between brand protection and advertising suicide. Personally I think the reason Space Hulk sold out almost immediatly and Dreadfleet hasn't is advertising.Not the fct its a better game. SH we knew was coming. We had time to get excited. To discuss it. To hype it up a bit. PLenty of time to order before advance. With no real warning about DF (and it did have probably the most advertising since the GW info-embargo) there was no time for that.

At this rate do you think we'll get more than 24 hours notice about 6th ed? If you don't order it into store in the first 48 seconds it goes up for order, you can't have till 3 weeks after the release?

eldargal
10-07-2011, 08:33 AM
True, but there is a difference between disliking a policy and accusing the company of greed and implying they would be better off taking an 'open source' approach which someone seemed to do.:) If you don't like the rumour policy, write in and tell them. As I understand itat GD Australia they said they would change certain policies if they had enough feedback suggesting they were unpopular.

flekkzo
10-07-2011, 11:30 AM
True, but there is a difference between disliking a policy and accusing the company of greed and implying they would be better off taking an 'open source' approach which someone seemed to do.:) If you don't like the rumour policy, write in and tell them. As I understand itat GD Australia they said they would change certain policies if they had enough feedback suggesting they were unpopular.

You mean whining on the internet doesn't work:D

If someone wants to compete with GW they should do what PP did, their own thing. GW should open up a licensed 3rd party market though, just as Apple will get mad if you copy the iPhone, but they let others manufacture covers and speakers. In the same way GW could license customization pieces to other companies and build a market around it.

I think GW's odd marketing strategy hurts them. If they are indeed trying to copy Apple (since they are so famous for the don't tell people strategy) they have to remember that people most often already *know* something is going to be announced. Everyone knew a new iPhone was coming, with GW's tight lips we don't know if the Necrons are coming.

Old_Paladin
10-07-2011, 11:50 AM
GW should open up a licensed 3rd party market though, just as Apple will get mad if you copy the iPhone, but they let others manufacture covers and speakers. In the same way GW could license customization pieces to other companies and build a market around it.

They've done this, it's called Forgeworld.

The thing is, that GW have a very high standard (you want to laugh, Go to the Dark Eldar or Skaven section of the website).
They aren't going to allow a licence if they don't think it's up to their standard; and even then, you would need to be able to produce the quantity for GW's level of consumer base. Companies like this either don't exist or would rather make their own unique produce instead of taking a tiny cut of GW sales.

Lerra
10-07-2011, 05:27 PM
So in the October White Dwarf, there is no mention of Necrons coming next month. Does this mean no Necrons in November?

Wildeybeast
10-07-2011, 05:54 PM
SH we knew was coming. We had time to get excited. To discuss it. To hype it up a bit. PLenty of time to order before advance. With no real warning about DF (and it did have probably the most advertising since the GW info-embargo) there was no time for that.

At this rate do you think we'll get more than 24 hours notice about 6th ed? If you don't order it into store in the first 48 seconds it goes up for order, you can't have till 3 weeks after the release?

You did have advance warning. DF was being discussed on here several months before release and they all but confimred it with the 'wanted posters' in WD the month before. There are 6th ed rumours up a whole year in advance (if it turns out to be released next summer). GW deliberately leaks tidbits of rumours (particualrly to Warseer) in order to get the internet chatting and generate hype. Sure, the official annoucements have been delayed but a lot of the rumours we get pan out to be true-ish. The people who care about knowing what is coming months in advance still find out, they just don't get official confirmation.

flekkzo
10-07-2011, 06:35 PM
They've done this, it's called Forgeworld.

The thing is, that GW have a very high standard (you want to laugh, Go to the Dark Eldar or Skaven section of the website).
They aren't going to allow a licence if they don't think it's up to their standard; and even then, you would need to be able to produce the quantity for GW's level of consumer base. Companies like this either don't exist or would rather make their own unique produce instead of taking a tiny cut of GW sales.

I know that it is tongue in cheek, since FW is owned by GW, but not even they get to flesh out anything they want it seems. I'd love to see more variant HQ/IC/Lord/Hero models as GW doesn't have all of them. A modern looking Ragnar Blackmane or Grey Seer (with a few options) for instance.

I do have the pleasure of recently starting up a Skaven army, and the newer models are just mind boggling. I can't imagine someone producing minis with significantly better details than that. I look forward to it happening, but damn, they are fantastic.

That said, not everything needs to be produced at an insane level. Special shoulder pads, variant weapons, etc. The resin bases market is quite varied and there are some very high levels of quality out there. You don't get a third party license just like that after all.

eldargal
10-07-2011, 10:11 PM
I don't think you can argue FW don't flesh things out when they took three books for Vraks and two for the Badab War. Forge World don't fill in missing codex enties, but they do flesh out existing one sometimes so there is no reason to think they won't do a Grey Seer eventually. But only if it fits in with what they want to do, not because Skaven players would like it, if you see what I mean.:)

Wildcard
10-08-2011, 01:54 AM
@eldargal: I didn't mean that no company would have rights to guard its ip, quite the contrary. My point was more around the line you draw to do that. GW has created something that deeply pleases me, unlike Warmachine or AT-43 (visually atleast,haven't ever checked the rules that deeply).

And while i think that those fully custom made "Counts as" armies are incredibly cool, and bring out the best of the hobby(ist), hovewer most of the armies should resemble what they are (in 40k as general) and models that GW has chosen them to look via sculpting.

Yet, i cant see the harm done if i buy ~5 boxes of guardsmen, and then order 3rd party gasmask helmets. Its not that GW loses the profit, nor does the visual changes to the 'vanilla models' change so that my oppoenent, (or anyone wishing to admire) doesn't have a clue at what he is looking (if he has atleast a basic knowledge of the force - IG in this case - codex or fluff wise).

Its not like it is with ps3/xbox360 games now that gameshops sell used, without giving any profit to the gamecompany from multiple sells of used (and in somecases, even the actual same) games..
-----------------------------------------

Long story short:

Ofcourse there are many methods of customising your army. I dont see any issues (moral or otherwise) to buy 3rd party bits to make your army unique.
Other company stealing ideas on the other hand is not ok.
:)

eldargal
10-08-2011, 02:01 AM
Fair enough, and it is true any company can produce parts to be compatible with GW products. The issue is to what extent can they market them as compatible with those products and if this could confuse people into thinking they are official GW products. Which seems to be the crux of the argument against CHS.:)

Wildeybeast
10-08-2011, 05:19 AM
To wildcard. I think the issue GW has is that 3rd party companies are making money off the back of their IP. They are quite happy for you to scratch build and customise stuff yourself for thier games (look at the Golden Demon entries for example), but you are doing that for your own enjoyment of the hobby, something they want to encourage. Companies are selling GW 'compatible' stuff for profit, plain and simple. Imagine if someone releases a book called 'the wizard with a scar on his head and his new adventures at magic university'. JK Rowling would be rightfully hacked off at someone blatantly using her idea to make money and would take action. Is she going to be so bothered if someone writes a piece of Potter fan ficition and puts it on the internet for free? I think if they could, GW would take action against every company who does so, it's being able to prove it in a court of law that stops them.

Old_Paladin
10-08-2011, 07:13 AM
Its not like it is with ps3/xbox360 games now that gameshops sell used, without giving any profit to the gamecompany from multiple sells of used (and in somecases, even the actual same) games.

Arg, I hate this arguement; as soon as I see it, I realize the person has no clue how the sales world works.

Besides the point that the company has alrealy made its money on the original sale, and it's now the property of the consumer to do as they please; stores buy the product then resell it (do you really think think EA gives out 5 million copies of its games at no charge, then says calculate the sales later, and give us our money once you have it? WRONG!). That's how all retail works, if a store doesn't sell it's new copies, then they (gamestop, best buy, walmart, etc.) have taken the hit, since they already bought the shipment from the developers (always remember, if you see new copies in a store sold or unsold, the developers made money).

Wildcard
10-08-2011, 01:19 PM
@Old Paladin:
I think there is a difference from a game company point of view if a GameStore A buys a single copy of a game, then buys it back and then re-sells it. Its from a re-sell process that gaming companies do not get their money, yet a person who bought it gets their fun of the action / adventure.

On the other scenario where GameStore A bought 2 copies of a said game, and then sold those both (to the person that in the first scenario bought it as a new, and to a person who bought the game used, after first person had enjoyed the game enough)

As I see it, the only scenario when my point is not valid (atleast to my narrow understanding) is that if the GameStore A pays royalties / whatever they are called, to the game company whose games they re-sell, which i must forcefully state, i really don't believe.

But as always, i am hoping of you proving me wrong :)

@Wildeybeast:
Let me start with this. There is a difference between understanding, accepting and believing stuff, and they don't require each others presence.
That said, I understand jealous safekeeping of ones IP, for I myself wouldn't want anyone to reap the benefits of my hard work (yet alone ruin something that i've been building for the past 20+ years, like 40k universe).
Yet, I do not understand how (after buying a cadian squad boxed set), i buy a 10-head sprue from a 3rd party dev, and that is what ruins GWs economy. GW gets their money from the box, and i get a small (yet clear / meaningfull) upgrade to my squad that makes them feel and display as i want them to be.

Following is not the case with me, but: Do you think that the excample ruins GWs economy, or boosts their economy overall through 3rd party bits sales (overall). Please note that i do not mean those whole units that displaces GWs sales altogether.

Old_Paladin
10-08-2011, 04:58 PM
@Old Paladin:
I think there is a difference from a game company point of view if a GameStore A buys a single copy of a game, then buys it back and then re-sells it. Its from a re-sell process that gaming companies do not get their money, yet a person who bought it gets their fun of the action / adventure.

On the other scenario where GameStore A bought 2 copies of a said game, and then sold those both (to the person that in the first scenario bought it as a new, and to a person who bought the game used, after first person had enjoyed the game enough)

Here's the thing (at least from my point of view); once the developer has sold the original product once, it is no longer their property. It becomes the property of the buyer, if that buyer sells it again, it becomes the property of the newest buyer.
Think about from any other perspective: if I sold a game to my friend for $40, should I have to give the developers a cut of that? Or going even further, I sell a game to a friend for $40 and find out he sold it to his friend for $25, how much of a D-bag would I be if I told him he owed me a cut of that sale?

Or look at it from a different sales field (as people seem to love to defend video development companies for some reason). Lets look at GW; take a guy that does commision painting/conversion work for other gamers; now imagine if GW said that they sold him that product, but he then resold it and he owns them a percentage of that sale? No one would stand behind GW on that; so why to they suck up to the multi-Billion dollar video game developers?

Morgan Darkstar
10-08-2011, 05:43 PM
I think that with games and such you never actually own the game, you purchase the right to use that game and are allowed to pass that right onto someone else.

not that it has much to do with the conversation or the original topic.

"so necrons?"

Old_Paladin
10-08-2011, 05:58 PM
I think that with games and such you never actually own the game, you purchase the right to use that game and are allowed to pass that right onto someone else.

"so necrons?"

By own, I mean the hardware, not the software. It's the same as owning a car or a box of space marine mini's. The physical object is mine to do with as I wish; I don't own the IP intrensic to the object.

But yeah, Necrons likely either next month or Janurary (as GW almost never releases in december). I'm not going to buy a single mini for them; but I wish all the best to their players that have waited so long.
Maybe GW will make the Forgeworld Tomb Stalker a normal codex unit (like they did with the IG Hydra and Valk, and the 'Nids Trygon).

Wildeybeast
10-08-2011, 06:54 PM
[B]@Wildeybeast:
Let me start with this. There is a difference between understanding, accepting and believing stuff, and they don't require each others presence.
That said, I understand jealous safekeeping of ones IP, for I myself wouldn't want anyone to reap the benefits of my hard work (yet alone ruin something that i've been building for the past 20+ years, like 40k universe).
Yet, I do not understand how (after buying a cadian squad boxed set), i buy a 10-head sprue from a 3rd party dev, and that is what ruins GWs economy. GW gets their money from the box, and i get a small (yet clear / meaningfull) upgrade to my squad that makes them feel and display as i want them to be.

Following is not the case with me, but: Do you think that the excample ruins GWs economy, or boosts their economy overall through 3rd party bits sales (overall). Please note that i do not mean those whole units that displaces GWs sales altogether.

No I don't think it does ruin their economy as such, though with FW releasing ever greater amounts of bits for armies (like SM chapter shoulder pads and vehicle doors) it might. But there is the wider issue to consider. If they let one company get away with it, more will do it and that will start to eat into their profit margin. It is also as much about the principle as the financial implications

Maelstorm
10-09-2011, 01:42 AM
Is this the Necron Rumor thread or the GW vs. CHS thread??

Focus grasshoppers - focus..

Deadlift
10-09-2011, 03:29 AM
So back on topic, I saw this on Natfka's blog. Thought I would share.

So Dan sent off an email to the "What's New Today staff to see if he could get some information on a future Necron release, this is his story.

Via Day2Dan
Okay, so I sent an email to the What's New Today staff regarding getting some information on the Necron release. Here's what I got back - nothing spectacular, but it does sound like the release isn't extremely far off.

Hey Daniel,
First off, thanks for the email, it’s great to hear from you.
As you’ve probably guessed by now, I can’t really tell you a huge amount about Necrons because there isn’t a huge amount to say. When an army hasn’t been updated for a while, rumours will often start to circulate that the army is being remade. Sometimes this is correct, sometimes it isn’t. What I will say is that Codex Necrons has been removed from the website for some time now, which is a good indicator that something is being done with them.

My advice: If you buy any of the Necron plastic kits you’ll be fine – they will not be changing. Hopefully that will be enough to put your mind at rest for now. Otherwise, I’m afraid you’ll have to wait just a little bit longer. But, as the saying goes, good things come to those who wait.

Dan

Wildeybeast
10-09-2011, 06:12 AM
At least they told us the plastics aren't changing, they could just have said nothing. So do we think that means no multicoloured gun rods then?

Deadlift
10-09-2011, 06:40 AM
At least they told us the plastics aren't changing, they could just have said nothing. So do we think that means no multicoloured gun rods then?

I personally hope so, crons gauss should always be glowing green in my book. Destroyers too must be staying the same. I wonder when (and if) we shall see GWs Necron announcement if indeed they are going to be next ?

Wildeybeast
10-09-2011, 11:32 AM
22nd October. At least that's my guess. A week before November WD goes on sale, to encourage people to buy it to find out more. But that's just my guesstimate, banking on them coming in November.

eldargal
10-10-2011, 01:23 AM
From Heresy Online via Warseer

Hypertrophy @ http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=86992&page=62 : Posts...

"confirmed by my local GWS store, cant say who or they might face legal action lol, necrons annouced 22nd october - 29 october including november white dwarf, released/pre-order after that 5th november onwards." - Hypertrophy

Just an FYI and it sounds very interesting if theme for announcing the crons is around the same time as hallows end ya know?

:skull:

Obviously don't get your hopes up until you get the GW email, but perfectly plausible given what we've been hearing this year of an Halloween Necron thingamabob.

Dont-Be-Haten
10-11-2011, 07:15 AM
So; I just picked up about 1500 points of Necrons for almost next to nothing. (A little reluctant to play 40k xD) I think retail it is about $500+ USD and I paid about a 5th of that. So after one day of reading the old codex that was also given here are my two cents on what I'd like to see done a smidge different with the new codex/goodies.

First: I would like for the fluff to be ramade just a little. I realize that the Necrons are nothing more than shells of their former selves being killing machines to do the bidding of the C'tan but I would like for them (especially the lords) to be a bit more self aware; rather than straight silent zombies slaves that go about feeding their vampire gods. I think this would give a neat little edge to them.

Second: The Awakened 3. We know not what the other two star gods are, but I feel that having the Trickster being the longest woken, followed by the betrayed Nightbringer (once one of most powerful, now much weaker) are rickety in terms of allegence at best. The Deciever however knows that in order to overthrow the Gods of Chaos and to again gain their once Glorius reign, he must awaken the others and stir their undead legions. So with complete greed and no real speculation; I would like to see the next C'tan to be awoken. Maybe the Jackal, or the Eternal One; having the same types of stats (possibly lower) and special rules, but possibly costing more points with the WBB! special rule. (random DBH generated names xD)

Third: With the Deciever being awake for so long, I would in earnest love to see more Xenos experiments using Necron Technologies; i.e. more Pariah's variants, for they are the future of C'tan.

Lastly: just huge upgrades that fix the current problems with the Necrons current situations. I don't think the new codex will break them; but make them more frequent on the table top.

eldargal
10-11-2011, 08:03 AM
Personally I'm hoping they retcon the C'tan to be delusional Necron lords adopting guises from ancient galactic mythology to feed their immortal egos and rationalise their failed attempt to immortalise their species.:rolleyes::p

Oh, and:

Preorders for Necrons go up week of Oct. 23rd.

You will be disappointed that some models only get converted to finecast.

You will be happy with "new" old models.

Big Necron model is more impressive than I thought, visually. Hope it has rules to back it up.

DrLove42
10-11-2011, 08:15 AM
If the big dude is anything like the giant necron described in Path of the Seer, then it should be awesome

And of course it'll have awesome, lightly bent rules. It'll be the line leader, like the Stormraven or Valk were...bent rules to sell more!

Zweischneid
10-11-2011, 08:20 AM
Personally I'm hoping they retcon the C'tan to be delusional Necron lords adopting guises from ancient galactic mythology to feed their immortal egos and rationalise their failed attempt to immortalise their species.:rolleyes::p

A bit like this then I suppose? At least as failed immortalisations go.

http://1d4chan.org/images/d/de/Thrillercrons.jpg

DrLove42
10-11-2011, 08:22 AM
Necron MJ.

Preferred enemy (Doctors)

Weaknesses (Squats, Gretchin, Ratlings and Sleeping Tablets)

Dont-Be-Haten
10-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Well I like that anology of the C'tan. Matter-o-factly. I say out with the current fluff whatev. In with Eldargal's version. whoo hoo!~

Let the purge begin xD

radarbabyeater
10-11-2011, 09:39 AM
Well I like that anology of the C'tan. Matter-o-factly. I say out with the current fluff whatev. In with Eldargal's version. whoo hoo!~

Let the purge begin xD

Okay, Matthew Ward...

Demonus
10-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Snoopy Dance

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?p=160908#post160908

Inc Necrons....

Limey El'Jonson
10-11-2011, 12:24 PM
I was at Warhammer World last week, and strangely none of the Necrons were in the case - there was just a wee card informing me they were "out for photography"

plawolf
10-11-2011, 01:26 PM
I was at Warhammer World last week, and strangely none of the Necrons were in the case - there was just a wee card informing me they were "out for photography"

Golden opportunity missed by GW staff there. I would have left a note saying 'Gone Fishing'.:p

Maelstorm
10-11-2011, 01:30 PM
If it's true, about G-D time. Too bad I've already spent this months game budget on Privateer Press Warmachine toys - - Way to go GW marketing!

Not getting my hopes up until I hold the codex in my hands...

flekkzo
10-11-2011, 03:21 PM
Golden opportunity missed by GW staff there. I would have left a note saying 'Gone Fishing'.:p

I would have gone with "Phased out, we'll be back". Would have been priceless :)

sneakyben
10-11-2011, 03:37 PM
If it's true, about G-D time. Too bad I've already spent this months game budget on Privateer Press Warmachine toys - - Way to go GW marketing!

Not getting my hopes up until I hold the codex in my hands...

but I thought you'd already spend all your money on Warmahordes when you threw a tizzy the other day?
:p

Old_Paladin
10-12-2011, 02:14 AM
I usually don't take much stock in model avalibility from the website; but a few things got my interest if it is related to all the rumours.
Warriors are gone (could mean they're getting re-boxed, in line with most troop boxes)
Destroyers and heavy destroyers are still available (likely not changing).
The flayed ones, pariahs and tomb spyders are gone (we've heard rumours that pariahs were either dropped or changed significantly, and that spyders are getting a new kit).
Immortals are still available! (this seems odd to me; you'd think they'd be redone, going finecast, something, anything).
Wraiths are also missing.

That gives us a possible first wave of:
Flayed ones
Spyders
Wraiths (finecast?)
Necro-teks?
Necromancer
War barge
Special Character?

Kawauso
10-12-2011, 03:43 AM
Heavy Destroyers have to be changing. At least somewhat.

They're a hybrid metal/plastic kit. And hybrid kits suck.

Malachi
10-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Here's the latest Necron rumor bill, in case others don't read Blood of Kittens:

Necrons
Author : Mat Ward for the bulk of the codex, but two others were involved before him.
Release Schedule
Wave 1: Immortals, Tomb Spiders, Destroyers (parts are new), Necromancer (Rumoured MC?)
Wave 2: Wraiths, Repackaged Warriors (now 10 with extra coloured rods), whatever else.
6 new Vehicles in the army
Rules
Reanimation: – An updated variant of We’ll Be Back. Models with this rule who were killed last turn roll a d6 at the end of each phase, regardless of what caused the wound (thunder hammer, etc…); standing back up on a 5+. Res Orbs makes this a 4+ roll if within 6″.
Eternal Life: – for ICs, this grants a Reanimation roll after the model loses its last wound. If successful, the IC stands back up with 1 wound and, if within 1″of enemy models is placed in assault with them.
Living Metal: – Crew Shaken results are ignored on a 2+, Crew Stunned results are ignored on a 4+. All other current codex benefits are removed.
Gauss Weapons: – Armor penetration rolls of 6 auto-glance, to-wound rolls of 6 auto wound.
Many Psychic Powers listed as “Tech Upgrades”
Phase out is reworked
Complicated rules from the codex are getting simplified and a lot of the war gear options are vanishing
Wargear
Some but not all gauss weapons are rending.
Living metal is changing
Necrons will have their magic power guy, tech upgrades instead of psychic powers most likely
Veil of Darkness: no longer allows a unit to be pulled out of combat, except in the case of the Veil carried by one of the named Lords
Quantum Shielding: Gives open topped skimmers 2+ save for front & side armour until vehicle takes it’s first glance/pen
Weapons
Heat Ray: Melta or Flamer depending on which is needed.
Gauss: Glance on to hit rolls of 6
Gauss Cannon: Assault 2 S6 AP3.
Gauss Flux Arc: Each Arc fires separately and can hit four different targets.
Tesla: Causes 2 more hits on to hit rolls of 6
Tesla Heavy Cannon: Chance of hitting all other units close to the target; both friend and foe.
Doomsday Cannon: 72″ S9 AP1 Heavy1 Large Blast.
Named Lords
The Enfleshed – making Flayed Ones Troops Said to be 100% confirmed
The Undying – making Immortals Troops
The Silent King ?
The Voidbringer ?
The Stormcaller ?
HQ
C’tan are gone, and are replaced with powerful named Necron lords and special characters.
One of the Lords makes Immortals troops
Another Special Character has some really nice anti psyker abilities
While the Ctan are themselves out of the codex their influence is still in place.
One of the lords was like 240 points or somewhere around there. He looks like he has potential to be beastly in CC though.
A lord that makes flayed ones troops
Crypteks
Similar to Haemonculi?
Can take Veil of Darkness
Pariahs
Overhaul into Lord retinue (second wave)
Troops
Warriors
Cost: 12pts
Statline: 4/4/4/4/1/2/1/10/4+
Will come 10 to a box
New options and also other colors of rod (orange and red I think? Orange is not bright orange, but sort of dark, kinda like a beer color almost)
Warriors are not changing, but doesn’t preclude a new weapon/option sprue.
Otherwise look the same.
Immortals
Cost: 17pts
Statline: 4/4/4/4/1/2/1/10/3+
Redone, in plastic? Unsure of the material.
Lots of “Bling”
Bigger than old ones
One of the Special Character ‘Cron lords makes them troops
Will come in boxes of 5, can be in units of up to 10.
Large (35mm) base; they are redesigned as larger, bulkier and more dynamic (plastic kit)
Elites, 6 Choices
C’Tan
Monstrous Creature
Can take 1 per Elite slot
Good in CC
Can purchase a bunch of different abilities: in line with things like messing with Deep Striking enemy units, making enemies move through terrain differently, allowing Necron player to change some of his deployment.
Can take item that erodes armour
Flayed Ones
Statline: 4/4/4/4/1/2/3/10/4+
Redone, unsure of the material.
Walker
Lyche Guard
S5 T5 3+
Can take Warscythe
New unit 2
Sniper style unit
Deep Strike as normal or can choose to immediately Deep Strike after the opponent brings an enemy unit on from Reserves
Can nominate a unit to take additional damage
New unit 3
S5 T5 3+
Jump Infantry
Very close range shooting and some decent CC ability
Fast Attack, 4 Choices
Wraiths
Rules: Fearless
Are “harsh” now
Jump Infantry 18″ charge
Scarab Swarms
Cost: 12pt
Move like Beasts
Entropic Effect: Ability to erode enemy armour in CC, any non-vehicle unit they wound, but dont kill, has its armour save turned to a dash (i.e. nothing) for the rest of the game.
If they hit a vehicle, on 4+ the vehicle loses a point of armour value on ALL facings, if any facing is reduced to zero the vehicle is destroyed (not sure if for each reduce armour value or only once per unit per phase)
Destroyers
-See heavy for combined rumours
Tomb Blades (jetbikes)
This rumour might be for the Elite jump infantry?
New fast attack unit
Look kinda like flayed ones
They have an 18” charge with their special ability
Think jump infantry with special rules
5 per box
Heavy Support
Monolith
Remain expensive
Destroyers/Heavy Destroyers
Redone in plastic.
Like the old hybrid kits, but in plastic with fancier torso’s.
The skimmer body things don’t look much changed.
Option for a lawn mower (lown mower as in a gun that has alot of shots, to mow throw hordes) type weapon too if you want to deal with hordes, 1 per box.
Tomb spider
3 different builds
Will have several options and be able to fulfil a variety of roles in the army.
Spyders redone in plastic.
1 per box.
New MC/Vehicle
Can throw down some long range hurt but is still underwhelming compared to things like the Manticore 48” range
1 per box
Necromancer
Resurrection (the vehicle that can add models back into the unit is also able to use this ability on any unit = Ability for this unit?)
Warscythe
Gauss “something”
Plastic kit
Sky Barge/Chariot
Plastic kit
Fast Skimmer
Armor 11-11-10
Living metal
36″ move
two kinds of weapons
Strength 10 AP 1 12 inch range
Strenth 7 AP -, can hit multiple targets
New giant MC
Ranged or Melee options
Wraith Lord feel all around
One of the guns looks similar to the new gun the destroyer guys are getting which works well against hordes.
He has a lot of weapon options
1 per box.

Old_Paladin
10-12-2011, 01:35 PM
I find some of those rumours very hard to believe.
Namely, the warriors reboxing is second wave? So they won't have the core troop choice available for purchase at release?

Lerra
10-12-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm really hoping that the rumor about different colored rods as different gun types is false. I don't want to be forced to use certain colors on my models to be WYSIWYG.

MadCowCrazy
10-12-2011, 02:10 PM
Actually all of those are from my thread over at Heresy-Online.net

As far as the rumours go that is what I have collected over the past 6 months or however long my thread has been up, as for validity I can't say. I've tried to bunch up all rumours related to the same unit or ability, as it's all rumours you can never be 100% sure but it gives you a general idea or direction the army is going.

Deadlift
10-12-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm really hoping that the rumor about different colored rods as different gun types is false. I don't want to be forced to use certain colors on my models to be WYSIWYG.

Not sure where you heard that as a "rumour" but I surmised that idea months (maybe even last year) ago when I first heard about the possibilty of coloured rods. If you did hear it from me rest assured I was just thinking aloud so to speak.

Necron_Lord
10-13-2011, 12:12 AM
I am interested in seeing pics! It will be interesting finding out which of these rumors is total bunk. I am interested what the new C'tan minis will look like as well. Outsider or Void Dragon anyone?

eldargal
10-13-2011, 01:05 AM
I heard C'tan were being removed from the army list entirely to be kept as background figures. That came from fairly reliable source too, I thought.:confused:

DrLove42
10-13-2011, 06:26 AM
Suprised no ones mentioned the BoK rumours BoLS has loudly posted on the front page.

I hope to god they aren't true...either of them.

eldargal
10-13-2011, 06:37 AM
Someone on warseer claimed the cleaning flame thing as an SCs ability not a unit thing. I'm in the fortunate position of not giving a damn about Necrons but I do hope their fanbase aren't too cranky. Really though, no point getting too angsty until we see the book.

Some more rumours:

From our French rumormonger 'Heinrich Kemmler' :

- Warriors and immortals are troops.
- save 4+ for the warriors
- 2 Variants of equipment for the immortals,
- sniper teams immortal
- Many variants of pariahs : one with weapons who kill the life...
-2 Kits which are support vehicle / troop carrier, one of which will be a mix between a machine of The Phantom Menace / the old DEldar's raider / a boat of the Egyptian antiquity.
-Finecast flayers all ugly.

Wildcard
10-13-2011, 07:03 AM
If you mean the superweapons of death that can kill every single specific unit type its weapon hits in one shot :P - then yeah, i sure hope its not the case.

Also, It is good that such an 'ancient enemy' has a force to be feared, but at current rumours it would seem that they would be the new "super cheese" army..

-Group thats full of weapons that can be shot either melta / flamer (what suits you most)
-Assault vehicle transports with 2+ save on them?
-Army list that includes formidable choises for both shooting and melee. (so not assault oriented as blood angels, not heavy hitting mid range shooty army like GK) BUT both of them (although range of the feared ranged weapons are still a mystery)
-HQs for both owning in combat as well as full of utility (4+ WBB & power weapons that does not allow invusaves)

And this doesn't even include all the new toys (monstrous creature(s)) or other vehicles that necrons are getting..

Anyway. what can one say? ..If these rumours are to be true, only thing there is left to hope is that they are going to do the models some justice, as well as to the fluff :)

And to the upcoming codexes similar innovative and new (atleast 40k wise) gameplay changing/altering elements!

DrLove42
10-13-2011, 07:13 AM
How many "my marines are grey so they counts as Necrons" would we be seeing :p

Malachi
10-13-2011, 09:41 AM
I heard C'tan were being removed from the army list entirely to be kept as background figures. That came from fairly reliable source too, I thought.:confused:

Maybe you misheard/misinterpreted. I heard the "named" C'tan as they appeared in the old codex are not going to be there. What the book will have now is "generic" C'tan in the Elite section (1 per choice) that the Necron player can "load up" with various options to give them different battlefield effects. From that I glean that they are going to be a kind of "swiss army knife" support unit that can be tailored to fill needs or give specific boosts.

eldargal
10-13-2011, 09:44 AM
Right, so custom gods? Sod that, glad I've never had any interest in playing Necrons.:rolleyes:

DrLove42
10-13-2011, 09:48 AM
That does sound prety horrific. I know i'm not expert on the C'tan but a retcon on the fluff so that the Necron just happen to have a minor C'Tan (who has never been mentioned before) walking round with them is a bit silly

Then I remember its a Ward book

And I just forget my complaint....

But seriously going back a long long way one of the first Necron rumours was named C'Tan being pulled, and being only mentioned in the fluff and upgrades for characters (maybe like Chaos Marks). And that GW would release the existing 2 as Apoc rules, worthy of their godlikeness

Deadlift
10-13-2011, 10:00 AM
I heard the same, Necrons who are able to use the essence of the c tan to empower them in different ways, much as the lord in DOW becomes "like" the nightbringer but not actually the full embodiment itself.
Similar I suppose the Avatar of Khaine is not actually The God Khaine itself but an Eldar summoned construct / sacrificed eldar remade into Khaines warlike "Avatar" powerful an Avatar maybe but just a fraction of the power of the god itself. I imagine this will be the route the c tan will take in the elites section.

Brass Scorpion
10-13-2011, 02:14 PM
Have you seen this?

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/403766.page

A polish portal Cytadela.pl posted very interesting news today, lemme translate the Necron related part that for ya:

(...) Some time ago I mentioned that new Necrons will appear in October's White Dwarf - I just got a confirmation of that info from a reliable source! (...)

In the upcoming WD you will see some new units:

- Triarch Pretorians/Lychguard - think Ushabti with Grey Knight-like spears / glavies
- new Immortals
- new Destroyers
- Deathmarks - Necron snipers
- new HQ'a / characters - Overlord and Cryptec, those will be in finecast
- Command Barge - with a Lord on the throne

Source: http://www.cytadela.pl/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1766

Wildcard
10-13-2011, 03:36 PM
Nice piece of news!

seems like the trend for monstrous creatures for every race is indeed rising its head :)

Dont-Be-Haten
10-13-2011, 03:37 PM
In my brief experience playing my necrons, they definitely need some added goodies. Honestly, I think, all that will happen is people will rageflame that Necrons are OMFGOP!~ and then a month or two later when they realise the weakness/strengths and how to deal with them, people will begin to tweak their lists to counter them, and it will be just a small hassel. Its like that with all things meta-based. Who's to say they don't even become a front-runner, to where the new book just makes them able to compete.

Don't worry, until you buy/read the new codex first. Remember all this is speculation and I don't really think half the rumours, especially to an intelligent mind such as yourselves :D should really warrant any possible credit to half of that nonsense... xD

On that note, I've already stated what I really want; and if I get a bit more than expected then good deal! xD

-DBH

Malachi
10-13-2011, 03:41 PM
That does sound prety horrific. I know i'm not expert on the C'tan but a retcon on the fluff so that the Necron just happen to have a minor C'Tan (who has never been mentioned before) walking round with them is a bit silly

Then I remember its a Ward book

And I just forget my complaint....

But seriously going back a long long way one of the first Necron rumours was named C'Tan being pulled, and being only mentioned in the fluff and upgrades for characters (maybe like Chaos Marks). And that GW would release the existing 2 as Apoc rules, worthy of their godlikeness

The rumor I heard was that there was going to be a major shift in the fluff. All the Necrons that existed before this were under the control of the "name" C'tan, but these are an abnormality. What has happened now is that the real Necrons are "waking up" and the real Necrons are in control of C'tan (or C'tan-like energy/essence or some such) and not the other way around.

flekkzo
10-13-2011, 04:54 PM
The rumor I heard was that there was going to be a major shift in the fluff. All the Necrons that existed before this were under the control of the "name" C'tan, but these are an abnormality. What has happened now is that the real Necrons are "waking up" and the real Necrons are in control of C'tan (or C'tan-like energy/essence or some such) and not the other way around.

Time for GW to do that with the imperium of man as well. I want my emperor and second coming of Primarchs!

I would be happy with a retcon for the Necrons as long as it's a good one. The game needs to move forward after all!

Kawauso
10-13-2011, 05:52 PM
Time for GW to do that with the imperium of man as well. I want my emperor and second coming of Primarchs!

I would be happy with a retcon for the Necrons as long as it's a good one. The game needs to move forward after all!

I disagree.

The storyline really hasn't advanced in about 30 years and I see no problem with that at all.

One major draw to 40k is the setting. And the Imperium everyone knows and loves is exactly the way it is because the Emperor is interred in the Golden Throne, and the primarchs are lost, etc. etc.

I'm all for things being -updated-, as they have over the years, a la the additional/new fluff that appeared in the GK codex, etc. But I don't think GW nor most of the fans really want the story to actually, you know, progress beyond the 41st millenium.

That's not to say there can't be stories that happen in/reference an advanced timeline. The Cain series does this just fine.

leth
10-15-2011, 10:01 AM
I would actually like to see the fluff press forward a little bit as is being hinted at in all the books. The imperium is beset on all sides. The dark days are here, the necrons are arising all that kind of stuff. A true threat is back and everyone needs a new pair of trousers.

Kawauso
10-15-2011, 10:30 AM
That's not really advancing, though...it's the same stuff that's been happening around 999.M41 for a long while, now.

I'm sure the Necron fluff in the new codex will be updated, and it will probably retcon things slightly so that they're a little -more- awake around 999.M41, but the gist of what's going on stays largely the same.