10 Power Armored Psycannon
21 Str 5 Stormbolter shots
6 Twin Linked str 8 Auto-cannon shots
6 Twin Linked str 6 Heavy Bolter shots
3 armor 11 Boxes
3 armor 12 Dreadnoughts
16 Halberds
4 Hammers

Entire Army is fearless with a Base two attacks. the purifiers can either combat squad and send the halberd/hammers forward in the Razorbacks or they can stay full strength and use the Rzrs as long range support/screening. The rhino squad pushes forward and captures objectives/TQ and threatens the enemy backfield. I also have a shot of Grand Strategy which gives me D3 dreadnoughts as a scoring unit if i need them for the objective games, otherwise i can scout forward my ranged combat squads or give the combined units rerolls of 1's to wound.

Comments and Criticism welcome

DarkLink
06-25-2011, 11:33 PM
Your biggest problem is that you're spending 500pts on 3 models. Drop the Techmarine at the very least, and I would probably downgrade the GM to a Xenos Inquisitor with grenades. Not only is he cheaper, but you can fit him inside a Rhino. Use those points for another unit of purifiers. 30+ scoring, fearless models is probably enough.

Crowe
Xenos Inquisitor with Rad/Psykotroke Grenades
3x10 Purifiers, Rhino
8 Purifiers, Rhino
3x Psyrifle Dreads
Comes out to a little shy of 2000pts, so you can get some wargear here and there.

Of course, I would personally recommend dropping Crowe instead of the GM and reworking your list, but if you like Purifiers that obviously won't work. In my opinion, Crowe is a trap. You think "awesome, scoring Purifiers", but not only are you paying a 150pt tax (making your 30 Purifiers 29pts/model instead of 24, not so great then) but you are also using up a slot that you could fill with a better HQ. So not only is Crowe a 150pt tax of worthlessness, but on top of that he has a massive opportunity cost in not being able to take a second good HQ.

Purifiers are good, but they're not that good.

Velium
06-26-2011, 05:34 PM
im not sure i buy into the purifiers are bad thing, and i think you missed the point of the grandmaster. i do understand dropping the techmarine. i guess i need to playtest the army in the NoVa format before i decide.

DarkLink
06-26-2011, 08:27 PM
It's not Purifiers that are bad, it's Crowe that is bad. Purifiers are great, but I question the idea that they are good enough to make up for how horrible Crowe is.

As for the Grand Master, he's great and all but I don't think he fits in this list. He can't embark in a Rhino, so you have to disembark some of the Purifiers to walk with him, which slows you down. And the Grand Strategy is nice and all, but you're spending a lot of points for it. And you're doing it in a list where you're already spending 150pts to just make the Purifiers score. You're spending a lot of points on stuff that isn't bodies with force weapons, storm bolters and psycannons.

Remember, a Grand Master is a force multiplier with his grenades and grand strategy. But you need to have sufficient force to multiply for him to be useful. 30 MEQ, 3 Rhinos and 3 Dreadnoughts is pushing it in 2000pt games.

Velium
06-26-2011, 10:50 PM
not trying to be snarky, but did you even read the army list? the 10man squads with 4 psycannon have razorbacks with psybolt ammo... i have 1 (bs 6 relentless) psycannon, 10 power armor pyscannon, 21 str 5 stormbolter shots, 6 twin linked str 6 heavy bolter shots and 12 str 8 twin linked autocannon shots. maybe i just dont give other armies enough credit but i think thats a fair amount of shooting...

blackarmchair
06-27-2011, 01:16 AM
not trying to be snarky, but did you even read the army list? the 10man squads with 4 psycannon have razorbacks with psybolt ammo... i have 1 (bs 6 relentless) psycannon, 10 power armor pyscannon, 21 str 5 stormbolter shots, 6 twin linked str 6 heavy bolter shots and 12 str 8 twin linked autocannon shots. maybe i just dont give other armies enough credit but i think thats a fair amount of shooting...

I don't know the kind of meta you play in, so maybe this comment is coming out of left field.

But all that shooting is actually very manageable. You don't have a libby (due to crowe) so those dreads and razorbacks are getting a 4+ cover save AT BEST meaning that even a shaken or stunned result is enough to silence them. Your purifiers DO have a significant amount of shooting but remember that they ARE on foot and are therefore open season for enemy fire.

Also, you are HUGELY lacking on mobility. Those transports don't even have the capacity to carry all of your troops and everything else in the list moves as infantry. I'm not sure how you plan to win objective games or any game against a highly mobile army.

It seems that you're banking on your opponent running into your gunline with little to no cover and taking a few turns to get there while you slowly de-mech him. This works well against scrub players but what if your opponent can out-shoot you? What if your opponent has a fast-moving assault army?

Personally, I don't like the list. I don't think it would give many competitive players a lot of trouble. It's static, has very beatable troops and its shooting can be shaken/stunned and tied up in close combat quickly and easily.

ankhcitizen
06-27-2011, 01:41 AM
Give your techmarine orbital strike (servo skulls ar a must) and a conversion beamer whack him with your dreads and smile. The grenade toting techmarine is alluring but with his stats and a single wound not very effective.

Velium
06-27-2011, 08:58 AM
But all that shooting is actually very manageable. You don't have a libby (due to crowe) so those dreads and razorbacks are getting a 4+ cover save AT BEST meaning that even a shaken or stunned result is enough to silence them.
===
Also, you are HUGELY lacking on mobility. Those transports don't even have the capacity to carry all of your troops and everything else in the list moves as infantry. I'm not sure how you plan to win objective games or any game against a highly mobile army.

with Purification on my vehicles i can effectively ignore shaken and stunned against every army but seer council eldar and space wolves (if the wolves have a rune priest within 24 and he makes his nullification roll)

also, i plan to win objective games because GK have combat squads and i can put the hammer/halberd close combat elements of my purifiers into the razorbacks and then have my psycannon kill teams on foot with characters to protect them. 3 mounted scoring units, plus two foot scoring units plus d3 scoring dreadnoughts if i need them should be o.k.

the only "meta" army ive had issues with is DoA, but theyre still managable through clever use of psychic communion to stifle my reserves and using my shooting to soften the assault squads up to the point that str 5 or 6 halberds kill the rest before i take any losses.

Denied
06-27-2011, 09:57 AM
with Purification on my vehicles i can effectively ignore shaken and stunned against every army but seer council eldar and space wolves (if the wolves have a rune priest within 24 and he makes his nullification roll)

also, i plan to win objective games because GK have combat squads and i can put the hammer/halberd close combat elements of my purifiers into the razorbacks and then have my psycannon kill teams on foot with characters to protect them. 3 mounted scoring units, plus two foot scoring units plus d3 scoring dreadnoughts if i need them should be o.k.

the only "meta" army ive had issues with is DoA, but theyre still managable through clever use of psychic communion to stifle my reserves and using my shooting to soften the assault squads up to the point that str 5 or 6 halberds kill the rest before i take any losses.

So A) its fortitude that you have on vehicles, which allows you to role a psychic check at ld 10 to negate any shaken or stunned results.

B) Although you have a lot of pyscannons you also forget you have a 24" bubble you need to worry about. Usually people combat this by having your Purifiers or Grey Knight Strike Squads in Rhino so they have mobility+armor. In a Rhino two psycannons can shoot without having to get out.

C) Crowe is terribad, the only thing making him good is Purifiers. Crowe does best when held in reserve the entire game and when he does come on you stuff him into a corner so no one can touch him. I have/ still do play Purifier lists and my usual tactic is to have a Purgation squad so I can get a rhino, never load the Purgation squad in it and instead load Crowe and hide him in a corner. The only time ever I use Crowe is as a suicide bomb, and always as a last resort.

D) The best part about Purifiers is cheap Halbreds. They work best when you have a 10 man squad loaded in a rhino with 2 psycannons a daemon hammer and 7 halbreds. I have taken out entire terminator squads with a single group of purifiers thanks to halbreds. I6 force weapons is nothing to sniff at, this means not maxing out psycannons but that's okay they are in a Rhino so you can only shoot two at a time anyways. Get them close and personal to weaker units and destroy.

E) a GM is USELESS in this list. Yes Grand Strategy is nice, yes Grenades are nice, yes a MC BS 6 Psycannon is nice. The problem is the only way to utilize him is to attach him to a squish unit making him less mobile and an easy target for elimination.

F) a Techmarine is useless period ... end of story.... too many points for too little pay out. Honestly there is a reason no sane Grey Knights player uses them. The cost to benefit ratio is to steep.

Conclusion) Not sure what your local scene is but if I brought a list like this I would get destroyed. The way you are trying to razorback spam makes me think your a former Space Puppy player who heard Grey Knights were the new hotness and tried to convert his form strategy over. Grey Knights are nothing like Space Wolves you can not port the same tactics to their play style.

Over all I think your list could work and be fine with some minor tweaks, but you need to learn how to actually get the most out of the Grey Kngihts codex. Psifle Dreads are great, Maximizing Psycannons is great, Halbreds are great, Purifiers are great (Crowe is fail) , Rhinos are great (Razorbacks are fail), Techmarines are too expensive, Grand Masters are great (but only with squads of terminators or Paladins).

Also Combat squading sounds awesome until you realize now you just have a bunch of small squads running around that are easy to pick off by just outnumbering them. Combat squads are a last resort for most players and usually only because of the necessity for more objective controlling units.