PDA

View Full Version : Just curious??? SPACE WOLFES

drwholives
06-24-2011, 05:18 PM
What would be the cheesiest Space wolf list someone could come up with?

Kovnik Obama
06-24-2011, 06:08 PM
A space wolf list.

DarkLink
06-24-2011, 07:01 PM
Razorback spam is probably your answer. Take a pair of Rune Priests with some of those stupid good powers (SWs have plenty of them), then lots of las/plas razorbacks with 5-man melta/plasma squads. Back that up with a couple multi-melta land speeders and rifleman dreadnoughts, and you have a "cheesy" list.

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
06-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Definalty any razorspam list is mozzerella and so not fun to play with or against. It also goes against what space wolves are really about.

or any blood angels list

Chexmix282
06-27-2011, 10:06 AM
I ran this list in tournaments for ages, until I got bored with it and switched it up to a Loganwing army.

Bjorn the Fell-Handed

2 x Dreadnought
-2 TL Autocannons

4 x 5 Grey Hunters
-Meltagun, Razorback w/ Lascannon/TL Plasmagun

3 x 1 Land Speeder
-Multi-Melta/Heavy Flamer

3 x 6 Long Fangs
-5 Missile launchers, Razorback w/ Lascannon/TL Plasmagun.

It's just under 2k, and it kicks all sorts of tabletop *** with the right hands.

Obviously Bjorn helps you go first and the Land Speeders deep strike. 7 Razorbacks is a very scary midfield presence, and the Dreadnoughts (especially Bjorn) provide excellent counter assault and tarpit uses.

Most games with this list completely de-mech the opponent by turn 2, then it's just troop clean up. I had another variant with Thunderwolves that I liked more; Just drop the Long Fangs Razorbacks and the Land Speeders to add 2 units of 3 Thunderwolves, each having 1 guy w/ TH/SS.